Diety submission :The god of Thieves and treachery

Questions and suggestions relating to deities and temples

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Diety submission :The god of Thieves and treachery

Postby Wadeywade on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:00 am

Bab'aa Yaoug

A god of trickery and treachery Bab'aa Yaoug is the two faced god of thieves, bandits and assassins. his origins are shrouded in deep secret, but one legend has it that his face was split when he tried to incite a war amongst the gods of the elves and the gods of the Moriel, and they each grabbed his face and pulled making him have two faces. He was renowned for statues done in jade, though other statues such as onyx and bloodstone were common as well and always the eyes were sapphires or a blue gem and topaz or a yellow gem. this is said to represent the purest aspect of his dual nature; jovial, kind with one hand but watch out, the dark, mischievious and often times sinister nature of this god will stab you on the neck with the other hand while he gives you wine!

Bab'aa Yaoug takes no prisoners in his quest for wealth and is said to be one of the wealthiest of the gods though he lives alone in his palace of treasure for fear of the others taking what is his. Babba Yaouga also represents the paranoid and often vicious nature of a thief in the legend of the three mortals Bab'aa Yaoug captured and piked in his yard to prevent petty thieves from believeing the God of Thieves would tolerate such intrusion! such desecration of his personal holy treasures.. items as such mortals could only dare to dream of..

Many are the legends of his skills of guile and stealth, of murder and chaos. he is worshipped by many races, including humans (his primary worshippers), goblins, Moriel (Those with a deathwish), Elves (those who want to be shunned by their own kind), and other races that allow the thief class in their midst. Each has a different name for him : Goblins call him Malaak, the elves call him Tad AntaRaen (Two faced Crook), the Moriel call him Auflaque Og'elen (foul traitor) , the Fae, nymphs and other such races call him "Derkdood", and some have no name for him at all.

Mindset

The mindset of worshippers of Bab'aa Yaoug are those who can understand best the duality of human nature, and believe life and death are a never ending circle. they strive to achieve the secret works of their gods, spreading murder and mayhem with every cut throat and picked pocket. Those who worship Bab'aa Yaoug are also paranoid in nature, always wary of other people and most wary of those who follow their god, knowing his treachery and thus those who worship him, knows no boundaries. Worshippers leave coppers or small jewels to him before a heist or an attempt at a payoff, assuring his blessing and not his wrath.
their degree of isolation making him ideally suited to advanced classes such as Mist Raider. His worshippers prefer the trappings of wealth or they prefer to hoard wealth in a place where only they can get it, the degree depends on the person, though almost all worshippers have a small statue of him (Most are plain without stones in the eyes, about 4 inches tall but can be up to a foot or two tall and very elaborate) thus making any classes that escew wealth such as Paladin or Monk are those would see him as materialistic and corrupt.

Place of worship:
The Old City ( the ruined temple will have a statue made of onyx placed in the Thieves hideout there and in each of the safehouses which will act as places of worship.) is the main place of worship with two other secondaries, not to mention any sort of private shrine one might contruct in their home or on their property.only the three types of stone are currently used for statues, Onyx, jade and bloodstone.

Heirarchy:

The worshippers of Bab'aa Yaoug have no formal heirarchy except one, a "Dauphin" who is elected by the members of the guild who presides over any religious ceremonies that may be performed and in need of one person to lead it. Beyond that most worshippers are an independent lot only coming together for Bab'aa Yaougs' birthday in the early summer ( a day of partying and murder). His true worshippers are branded with a symbol that looks like two cobras rearing up back to back, and the mark is reserved for those who have proven to the Dauphin their worthiness. Few openly flaunt worship of their god because in most circles he is seend as a dangerous and unpredictable chap, if not a surly cur and a total amoral cutthroat.
Bab'aa Yaougs' birthday
Beginning in early summer it stretches for two weeks and is a time that worshippers of the two faced God express their joy in Him by drinking, robbing (not to mention raping which is seen as a form of thievery in some circles), and killing in wanton sprees. huge partys spring up and then die down at random as participants wear bright clothes this day eliminating the thieves natural stealthiness but giving them easy ways to identify each other. usually at the end, more than one thief is hanged, tied to a slave pole or burned alive in the streets when the revelry gets out of control, but Babba Yaougas' sees these as supplications to his greatness, and will favor his worshippers with Ressurections at a lower rate, to facilitate the processes of death and life on this day.
"There are no strings on me." Leonard Snart
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Re: Diety submission :The god of Thieves and treachery

Postby Wadeywade on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:25 pm

an add on to that:

True worshipper mechanics:
For those who wish to be branded (or tattooed) with the mark of Babba Yaoug would have to meet the following "Skill requirements to be accepted into an elite fold of open worshippers of the God.
Mandatory skill lists(ranked and unranked):
Alchemy (apprentice or higher)
Scouting (Journeyman or higher)
Potion brewing (novice or higher)
Butcher (Apprentice or higher)
Anatomy
Locksmithing
Disguise
Weapon Maitenence
Information Gathering
Concentration
Climb
Acrobatics
Animal Rending
City Survival
Streetwise

Elective Skills (Any 7 or more)

these skills you'd meed seven of, but giving you the choice give variety to the types of thieves that we have! so, your choice of any seven or more.
Lip Reading
signalling
Sound imitation
voice mimicry
Weapon Improvisation
Whistling
Investigation
Forgery
Camouflage (using inks/paints)
Acting
Animal Rending
Appraisal: gems
Appraisal: Structures
Appraisal: weapons/armor

The Dauphin

He would probably posess all of the unranked skills above, and all the ranked skills would be no less than Expert level in any of those catergories. Also he would need leadership skills (Soldier:Master) because he would need to be able to organize the rag-tag bunch if needed.
"There are no strings on me." Leonard Snart
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Return to Religion