Vulpine bondings

Questions and suggestions relating to deities and temples

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Vulpine bondings

Postby magnus adder on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:10 am

Magnus and his Beloved wish to formally be bonded, the event to take place at the vulpine temple how ever there seems to be some confusion on who may do the ritual as vulpine can not be priests or clerics, and if my understanding is right from what i have read that the empire recognizes bondings done by "the lady's" temple but such bonding must be done by a ranking priest... So question? who marries the vulpine?
fol draeval ol zhah vel'bol dos xun naut nym'uer nindelen kleel
magnus adder
Novice
Novice

Re: Vulpine bondings

Postby miyuka on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Mayhaps it means ranking priest as in the person in charge of the temple/going ons of the temple not necessarily someone of the class.
miyuka

Postby magnus adder on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:26 am

that might work save that Religious ceremony is closed to vulpine class locked out, so the religious representatives of the vulpine race are their shaman yet shaman can not preform religious ceremony.
magnus adder
Novice
Novice

Postby miyuka on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:46 pm

does it have to specifically be a vulpine that does the ceremony?
miyuka

Postby magnus adder on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:11 pm

according to the site it has to be a Representative of that faith so a convert to the faith cleric or priest so yes i would think i non-vulpine follower of the temple of the lady the vulpine faith could do the ceremony, but then if non-vulpine are able to do ceremonies of the vulpine god and are able to study more of the faith then the goddess' own children that's kinda like a slap in the face... mind you i have no problem if i have to find an outside official, it just hinders stories that the followers of the lady would have to go out side your poach parishioners of other faiths to conduct their ceremonies.
magnus adder
Novice
Novice

Postby miyuka on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:11 pm

Depends on how you look at it cause if Shamanism is their 'religion' and Vulpine can be shaman, it's not really a problem on that particular aspect. Study a faith, has nothing to do with being a priest or cleric, for that matter. You can be whatever class you want to and study someone's religion. I'd rather not go about changing the way the race works just for a bonding ceremony. I would say, if the empire recognizes special bondings from the Lady's Temple, then this should be precedence for a shaman from/for that temple to do whatever...weird shamanistic ritual that goes along with vulpine bonding.
miyuka

Postby L`aquera on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:07 pm

sounds to me as if you need cleric in the vulpine allowable classes.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby miyuka on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Not sure if that fits their mindset. They seem more based in the realm of spirit than the divine. If anything I think Shaman should be added to the allowable classes for the Religious Ceremony Ranked skill set. All the more so now that I take note that Necromancer (which shaman is a base of) is on that list.
miyuka

Postby magnus adder on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:41 am

i woulda agreed with that comment back when vulpines were part of wolven... but with the break from the wolven subset into a race of their own they are drifting away from the spirit warship that ruled the wolves, to a solid belief in their goddess "the lady" a belief i think was solidified with the temple of "the lady"... adding cleric would truly seperate the civil vulpines from wolven "barbarians".

truly makes no difference to Magnus as he just want to marry his loved one.
magnus adder
Novice
Novice

Postby Matwyn on Tue May 17, 2016 8:43 pm

Either add shaman to the list for ranked religious ceremony i'd say or add cleric to vulpine but i think adding shaman to the list for ranked ceremony. Although the third option be anyone employed within a Temple would be able to do a simple marriage ceremony. Similar to druids being able to be high priests of gaea. at least the position when not actual priests.
Matwyn
Senior Op
Senior Op

Postby CallieO on Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:26 am

Bumping a thread that was last posted to five years ago.

Lord Matwyn has officially decreed that all Mushani Villa ("High Blessed Ones of The Lady") can perform bonding ceremonies both within the vulpine faith and for any other faith requested by a couple. Mushani Villa are vulpines, both full-blood and half-blood, who have five tails (or more, but only NPCs have more than five tails).

Currently, this list includes Matwyn, Callie Volopa, Joe, Feff, and Wade. Naomh is getting close; she has four tails.

Half-vulpines are able to take Religious Ceremony if they meet the class description.

Tennibrook Balmossie, another of my characters, is now the High Priestess of the Dethsiris Vulpine Temple, and has the sacred privilege of bonding two people in marriage.
CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Return to Religion