Character Idea/Input

Questions and suggestions relating to the playing of individual characters rather than the game world

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Character Idea/Input

Postby Kasumi-Xian on Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:37 pm

Hello All~!
I am a recent newcomer and I have a old character of mine that I was thinking of brining/converting over from a different Rp. Part of my issue is the fact that it was forum based and not really required to have stats. Also, my characters background was different and I am not sure if it is something that can be done for here.
Basically, she is like your Cat People, but rather than being cursed by the Goddess, her race was bred by Witches. Her kind are considered familiars that can store and boost powers, yet they have their own magick and are not required to be bonded to a Witch to use their powers. In fact, they can be bonded to normal people/races and their innate magical ability can change to better fit their bonded. For example, a knight could have their reflexes or endurance boosted, ect ect. Is their any way I can either have that fit in or at least have it twisted around to better fit the Cat People?
Kasumi-Xian
Novice
Novice

Re: Character Idea/Input

Postby crow on Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:29 pm

Hey there Kasumi-Xian, welcome to the game! ^^
In this game we do have familiars which provide a small buff to their owner, but I'm afraid that they are strictly NPC's. I also do not think there is any chance of changing how a specific cat person came about, so you'd probably have to go with the general origin for the race.

However, as far as twisting your character concept a little to fit within the game? That could probably be done. ^^

To start with, for your concept of 'bonding' there may be suitable substitute in 'enslaving'. Making 1 the master and 1 the pet.(If you wish to be officially tied to someone else.)

As far as storing or boosting powers goes, there are very few spells in the game which aid another player in terms of stats boosts. However, if you are satisfied with just keeping in with the idea of a supporting role, then I would suggest perhaps taking up the healer class. As the name suggests, it's primary function is to use healing magic, which would generally mean you'd provide aid after a battle is over, because 1vs1 is the everyday standard. However, during quests&events, group combat is the standard, and healers are incredibly valued supporting party members.

While it is not possible to have been created by a witch as a pet, you can have a backstory of being used by a witch as a pet. Subtle right? (There is no witch class, but mages, necromancer, shamans, etc, will probably fill a similar role.) You might have been sold to the witch, been captured by her, or plain born into her service from a previous generation of cat people servants. (Probably check that last one, I'm not 100% sure if you can be born into slavery, but I don't see why not.)

I think that about covers it. I hope it helped. ^^
crow
Expert
Expert

Return to Characters