Seeing if I got character creation right. (Help wanted)

Questions and suggestions relating to the playing of individual characters rather than the game world

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Seeing if I got character creation right. (Help wanted)

Postby Ithilwen on Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:35 pm

Every time I try to role play at belaraith I keep having to go through the character creation process, and by now you would think that I would have it down by now. Well lets try this once more, but before I go about mucking around with character creation I want to make sure I've got everything basiclly sorted out.

1. When it comes to half breed characters the first race is what matters, while the second is for appearance tweaks. This basically means if I picked sylvan elf as a primary race that the characters base stats would be a combination of the sylvan elves base stats + class stats. Otherwise the high human part is for appearance purposes only. Another example is if I made a half breed cat girl with high human being the primary and cat person being secondary. Only high human would relate to the relevant stats.

2. This is something that all ways confused me a bit. Spell slots these count for battle spells, out of battle spells and anywhere spells correct ?

3. I can't find this written any where and I know I've forgotten about it during the character process after registration, but how many ranked and unranked skills do we start out with ? How is the level of a rank skill determined and does a character automatically know things like speak/write/read common, plus racial language ? Also where would one keep racial traits for reference purposes, since I feel those might fit in with skills ?

4. I've tried to bring the character Ithilwen back twice now and I'm not sure about how continuity works. For the sake of levels I know if I tried to bring her back a third time she would be lv 0, never did manage to make it to level 1. Character wise though would she remember certain characters she meet, or would she be considered a new arrival person to every one in belaraith ? In which case past experiences are thrown out the window.

5. When leveling a character progress can be summed up like this if taking the same classs up to level 30 at key levels. Level 5 class x2, Level 10 classx3, level 15 class x4, level 20 class x5, level 25 class x6, level 30 class x7. In ithilwen's case if continuity persists then she would have developed as level 5 mage x2, level 10 mage x3, level 15 mage x4, level 20 seductress, lv 25 seductress x2, level 30 unknown .

6. Character concepts ( could use help smoothing these out, and streamlining them.)

Ithilwen Moonshadow: A half elf comprised of sylvan and human blood. She is unaware of who her father is, but her mother was one of her peoples elders. At around the age of testing she was brought before the druids of her settlement. Having been found of magical talents, but not those aligned with the forest or nature in particular Ithilween was denied access to becoming a druid. Instead she would be tasked with the location and recovery of magic artifacts thought to be lost to her people, if she found a magical artifact she was to notify the druids and not touch the object in question especially if the item enchantment seemed harmful or dangerous. Coming to the edge of the forest one day she came across a slaver camp, and became fascinated in the going ons of the camp. She would spend time watching the camp rather then doing her initial job. Eventually a female scout on patrol found her not attending her duties, and for fear of what this might do to her mothers position. Ithilwen would knock the female scout unconscious, and bind her leaving the woman in vulpan territory. When the scout was found by her companions she had all ready been raped by vulpines who had found her.

After these events Ithilwen was brought before the elders and being considered dangerous was given two options. The first was to go out on a journey seeing how she had become restless, or the second option was to be exiled with no chance of return. Ithilween would choose to go on a journey deciding not to cause her mother much more trouble, or the loss of her position. Upon leaving on her journey she would stop at the slaver camp for a few days. Learning about slaves and the basics of how they were trained. Eventually she was told of the kingdom of belaraith and how she had the potential to make a name for herself with in the kingdom.

Race: Half breed (sylvan/high human)
Starting Class: Mage
ranked and unranked skills known: need help sorting this out. I'm assuming this would mostly have to do with her time in the forest, and her job of hunting down relics.
Spells: need help sorting this out. The same with the skills

Cat girl concept.

This character is another half breed born of a cat people father and high human mother. Her mother conceived her when the caravan her mother was part of was attacked by cat people, and her mother raped during the raid. She would grow up being taught the basics of what it means to be a good housewife. It was also decided once she reached the age of adult hood she would be staying in the kingdom of belariath to hopefully have a more stable life.

creator notes: Meant to be an easier way to ease self back into the setting. not to much to worry about and a simple character, if she becomes something more through the rp then she does. I think she has a forum account, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it.

Race Half Breed (High Human/Cat people)
Starting Class: Laymen
ranked and unranked skills: Cooking: apprentice, First aid/triage: novice, Tending/Etiquette: apprentice
Spells: Clean, Feather Fall, Floating Disk, Mend
Ithilwen
Adept
Adept

Re: Seeing if I got character creation right. (Help wanted)

Postby Akaton on Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:47 pm

I and im sure alot of people wont mind helping you. I however am limited in my ability. As i am on my phone. But if you get on IRC and get to the ooc channel. You can shoot me a PM and ill help as best i can, im normally on as Zully but could be under any of these others: chandaria, Chechari, naturas, keqwairi, jinessa, or Taylor{RSH}. So if you see any of those shoot me a pm and ill help as best i can.
Akaton
Expert
Expert

Postby Ithilwen on Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:01 am

What times are you normally on. This way I can try to catch you when your on, and hopefully not away doing something.
Ithilwen
Adept
Adept

Postby Akaton on Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Im on pretty much all the time. Im Eastern standard time. So GMT-5.
Akaton
Expert
Expert

Return to Characters