creation help

Questions and suggestions relating to the playing of individual characters rather than the game world

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

creation help

Postby IamThunder on Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:56 am

ok so i just found this site and it looks fun so I'm thinking of making some one but i don't know what i have lots of ocs from role playing and dnd that i have used so often that they could fun or i could just start from scratch and just looking at the rules i have already taken out two of my guy from off the top of my head that i though of (both are hales that are not supported XP) but i can think of a few others but i have so many options i think what i want is to have it narrowed for me like some one say well we could use more this or more that or what ever.
IamThunder
Novice
Novice

Re: creation help

Postby Ehlanna on Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:24 am

The best thing is to play something you like!
The next thing to say is that Belariath is 'a world apart'; any original characters from another system would share a name and appearance, not powers, equipment, etc., and would start anew. On that subject it is worth noting that we have original races as well as 'the old favourites', but those old faves may not be quite as you think of them as we have tried not to just 'accept the norm' with them, so do read the relevant race pages for details!
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby IamThunder on Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:32 pm

well i understand that i would have to "rebuild" any ocs i bring over but i could keep much the same in the end and plus i have done so many times i have one oc who i have rebuilt like 3 or 4 times in to diffract systems ... i like playing as him but he is half demon so i can't use him here but i am thinking of some other guys i could use ... you know what i think i know who i want to make now i'll make Fabqun he should be fun and i can make him here XP
IamThunder
Novice
Novice

Postby IamThunder on Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:14 pm

ok i'm working on making a character and for the background it says basically i need to end up at The Lonely Inn so i want to ask one is this the mandatory start point and if so why and also i feel i have not found a good explanation of what the Inn is. i may just need to do more looking and digging to find it but if it could be put here that be great XP oh and in regards to my first question i am not complaining i am just wondering
IamThunder
Novice
Novice

Postby Ehlanna on Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:10 pm

The Inn is the central part of the role-playing environment and is, thus, a logical place for your character to arrive. The main RP channel is the Inn and several others are the immediate surroundings (Town, Forest, Baths, Arena, Magic). We do have a 'distant lands' channel (Borderlands), which is mainly a land called Valencia.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Return to Characters