PDF Font test

Discussion area for the creation of maps, both of the empire and the wider world of Belariath

Moderator: Stormbringer

Can you see the 2 special fonts used in the linked PDF?

Yes I see both.
60%
No I have normal fonts displayed.
20%
One is special the other is not.
20%

Total votes : 5

PDF Font test

Postby Brane on Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:39 pm

Please take the time and check out this FONT TEST and fill out the poll below.

This is a test with embedded fonts in a PDF, to make sure that all readers are able to see them, no matter if they have the used fonts installed on their computer or not.

Thank you for helping.
Brane
Initiate
Initiate

Re: PDF Font test

Postby Ehlanna on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:32 pm

I can see the question in a plain-ish font, followed by the question in a set of symbols.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Brane on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Ehlanna wrote:I can see the question in a plain-ish font, followed by the question in a set of symbols.

Ok I guess I should have taken 2 more outlandish fonts, but if you see 1 it possibly means you see both, as theyre pretty uncommon fonts. Ty for taking the time.
Brane
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Kerianna on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:48 pm

I can see both with Chrome's built in PDF viewer.

Top is a fancyish but still basically normal (Roman, that is) font, bottom is like...squiggly? Not sure how else to describe it...looks like some sort of Asian character set if Cthulians were writing it. >_> <_<
Kerianna

Postby Brane on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:37 am

[quote="Kerianna]...bottom is like...squiggly? Not sure how else to describe it...looks like some sort of Asian character set if Cthulians were writing it. >_> <_<...[/quote]

It is the font from Disney's Atlantis. :) Thanks for taking the time.
Brane
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Ehlanna on Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:29 am

Brane wrote:
Ehlanna wrote:I can see the question in a plain-ish font, followed by the question in a set of symbols.

Ok I guess I should have taken 2 more outlandish fonts, but if you see 1 it possibly means you see both, as theyre pretty uncommon fonts. Ty for taking the time.

Perhaps draw a line between them or have a basic font saying: "font 1" and "font 2"?
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby One on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:21 am

i may not have tried it correctly, but .. when i click your link i can see 'PDF story' symbols in a box and when i click on them the labels underneath the box change .. but nothing opens for me to look at. i'm using Windows 7 and my browser is Google Chrome .. then again, i am an honorary blonde and i'm probably doing something wrong.

i figured out how to download the PDF. i see the fancy-ish question and then the symbol-looking language.
break the lock if it don't fit.
Winn d'Aviaa - Lene - Damascus - Octavia - siti{Carth} - Heron{Kir} - qiome|Rue| - Eleonora{LI} - Eala
One
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Imperial Cartography