Question about the Empire Map

Discussion area for the creation of maps, both of the empire and the wider world of Belariath

Moderator: Stormbringer

Question about the Empire Map

Postby Miss Magical on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:26 pm

(The map I'm asking about can be found here.)

My question is if the red dot on the map north of the Goblin Marshes is where Nanthalion is located, and if the other cities on the Map have been named -- in particular I am curious over the city south of Lake Eld. If they haven't been worked on outside of location, I was wondering if I might be able to help out in that capacity.
Never robust as a melody, only a broken chord to sing.
Miss Magical
Adept
Adept

Re: Question about the Empire Map

Postby RazyCal on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:40 pm

I'm guessing thats where the palace is...
RazyCal
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Stormbringer on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:21 pm

The red dot is Nanthalion. North west is a circular range of mountains that represent Valencia. Following the river to the sea shows the location of Thallis. The other dots may be referenced in the Gazeteer and I'm waiting for updates on those.
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Brane on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:37 am

Miss Magical wrote:(The map I'm asking about can be found here.)

My question is if the red dot on the map north of the Goblin Marshes is where Nanthalion is located, and if the other cities on the Map have been named -- in particular I am curious over the city south of Lake Eld. If they haven't been worked on outside of location, I was wondering if I might be able to help out in that capacity.

The map you linked was the my first compilation made from the material I recived from previous works. The red crown is indeed the position of Nanthalion. You can see it better on this map:

Empire Map.
You can zoom quite far into the map!

The settlement south of Lake Eld is was one of the several locations that looked good for a settlement. You can see it is still there and if you want to know more please check the Gaz Page of Lake Eld, you can find it here.

Thank for your interest.
Brane
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Imperial Cartography