Pondering Breakfast (Open)

Roleplay within the Inn. IC posts only in this forum

Moderator: Ehlanna

Pondering Breakfast (Open)

Postby xmastersethx on Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:06 pm

Carthad couldn't say for certain what had driven him to the inn this morning. His keep had been quiet lately, far more quiet that he preferred, and while he loathed crowds, the bustle of activity, the noisiness of all that other breathing and pulsing hearts, a small collection of life to watch and muse himself over entertained him greatly. He felt certain that a morning in the inn would provide just that, as the normal debauchery of that proud establishment left many of its rowdier, and thus hopefully avoided, patrons incapacitated until later hours of the day would leak in through the windows. His stomach growled lightly with a desire for breakfast, part of him already regretting the decision to leave his home without eating. Was he really planning on braving the machinations of the less than human and far less than clean cooks that worked in the inn kitchen? Well he was here...wasn't he. As door creaked open as he'd step toward the counter, blue eyes scanning about the room to see who else might be stirring this morning.
xmastersethx
Expert
Expert

Re: Pondering Breakfast (Open)

Postby Simplicity on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:05 am

Early mornings and the moriel did not often go hand in hand, let alone early mornings and the stench of sex, sweat, ale and blood which were common within the interior of the Inn. However, for whatever reason, she'd found herself within the Inn this morning - or rather descending from her room above where she'd obviously spent the night before, doing who or what, she couldn't at this point in time recall. Familiar form at the bar noted, however, would not be approached right away - coffee. She needed coffee, or wine, or something else, and she knew that Fugly at least would provide her with clean cup and clean plate (or so she hoped).

Finally, she would approach Carthad, a light stroke of digits against his back, along his side, before she would settle on the stool next to where he'd settled himself. She was dressed in a halter that clung to plush titflesh, a skirt that hung low on her hips, and a pair of sandals. House ring and necklace adorned her flesh, beyond that she wore nothing else. Snow hued tresses cascaded down around her features, in neat, tamed waves and light curls. "Good Morning Carthad." She murmured, as she waited for Fugly to present her with that steaming mug of sweetened, creamy goodness. Coffee - saving the lives of many.
Simplicity

Postby xmastersethx on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:27 pm

He felt a touch along his side, and was surprised aat his groggy state that he hadn't noticed the approach of another. Perhaps it was because he was looking at every part of the inn except the stairwell, but he knew that was a poor excuse. The fact that sleep was still a bit in his eyes had meant the lovely moriel could approach as a spectre, but rather than attack she'd caress and settle beside him. For the longest time the necromancer held the belief the moriel didn't like him, perhaps in the begining that had been true. As of late her body language spoke otherwise though, and as Fugly set down the cup of coffee before her, the aroma curled hard into his nostrils, and his hand would come up, stroking over the bareness of her wrist as she'd reach for the cup. "Good morning Nisha. Tender, I'll have what she's having, it smells divine." Coffee was definitely a good idea this morning, and maybe it would lower his appetite for whatever food they were making in the back.
xmastersethx
Expert
Expert

Postby Simplicity on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:15 am

She shifted, turning to face him, drawing the mug of coffee to her lips. The liquid within was the color of caramel - milky smooth and just as sinfully sweet when it lighted upon the taste buds. She felt that succulent caffeinated rush of the first sip of coffee, and she could not keep the soft moan of satisfaction and contentment slide from those tiers, before she lowered the cup.

"It tastes even better than it smells Carthad..." She murmured softly, shifting, pressing back against the edge of the bar, still cradling that coffee mug. "So what brings you here this morning Carthad? Not usually about milling with the common rabble this early in the day..." Not, of course that she could say much the same of herself. She was very rarely found milling with the common rabble of the Empire with her position of prestige and the like.
Simplicity

Postby xmastersethx on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:23 am

He waited for his own mug to be set down, looking at its caramel texture, and raising it to his lips lightly. He'd breathe in deep, letting the scent trickle, fill into his nostrils and down even to flow over his tastebuds. Then a sip, and his face would give a light wince, "Mmmm...good...but too sweet for me. Still its certainly refreshing.." he'd say as indeed some of the sleep seemed to melt from his eyes in just those moments.

"What can I say? Boredom? The keep was so very silent, and I didn't feel like making my own breakfast. I'm guessing my pets are recovering and busy respectively," he'd say with a light shrug, but then his head would tilt as he'd look toward her. "But I didn't hear the door open behind him, which means you were already here. Spend the night in a dingy inn room Nisha? I'd be curious to know what spurred that decision." he'd say teasingly.
xmastersethx
Expert
Expert

Postby Simplicity on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:45 am

Tongue danced against her lips, gathering a few stray droplets of the caramel hued coffee from those plush tiers. "As for why I'm spending the night in the Inn...I had something I needed to deal with and I had no desire to have my business broadcast throughout the Lady's Castle or see things coming out of mine cavern and asking questions."

Easily answered, and she had of course, no intention of telling him any of the details that had filled the sorrid night she'd spent within her less than dingy room in the Inn. Frame shifted and she would take another sip from her coffee. "So you come where you run the risk of getting undercooked, runny, soggy, or otherwise completely inediable food for breakfast rather than expend the energy to cook for yourself just because your pets are busy?" Truth be told, she usually had breakfast waiting for her, because nym would not dream of leaving the cavern without ensuring that there was food for her to take with her. She herself, well, cooking is not something she's very good at, so, she usually lets others do it for her.
Simplicity

Postby xmastersethx on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:09 am

"So...you're here for discretion. What about what I've seen hmm? Could I be a thorn in your side if I let it known that you were here last night instead of within cave of castle?" he'd tease her lightly, letting his fingers slide over her wrist again and then fall away, "Ah, but who would believe me, hmm?" he'd say with continual teasing grin.

"I don't cook well, and breakfast is perhaps the worst of the meals for me. There was fruit enough to eat, Lavender saw to that, but I felt the urge to get out of the keep, to move about. Wanderlust i suppose, which brought me to my current adventure...of what to order." he'd muse lightly, looking toward fugly and hearing the rucus of the kitchen beyond. "Though perhaps enough of this sweet beverage and I'll lose my appetite." he'd say in counter, raising the coffee once more and taking a long sip.
xmastersethx
Expert
Expert

Postby Simplicity on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:43 pm

She shook her head at his calling the beverage sweet. "The coffee is not that sweet Carthad, perhaps we need to work on building your sweet tooth, perhaps have you spend some time with your head between the thighs of a shapely little pixie or fae?" She teased, taking a sip of her own coffee and reclining against the bar once more.

"As for the location - it was more a need for a scenery change than anything. I am still working off the cabin fever from the Blood Swan." She said lightly, shapely legs crossing as she cast a glance toward him over the expanse of her coffee mug. "Perhaps I shall bring you a meal made by mine slave Carthad...he is a rather exceptional cook...or have you over for dinner. As there is still a few matters that I need to discuss with you, as we've not yet managed to meet up to discuss things without being interrupted with tainted sweets or things of a more pressing nature."
Simplicity

Postby xmastersethx on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 pm

He chuckled lightly at that and arched a brow as he took another sip of the coffee. Sweetness or not, the caffiene would suppress appetite, and that effect would creep over him slowly as he'd look to Nisha, "Are you offering a pixie or fae for me to toy with Nisha? Though...I think we know enough of me to know it wouldn't be my face between their thighs for very long."

He'd dip his head lightly, "I'm never one to turn down a new chef, and I'll make my judgements afterwards. Yes we did exchange a few Fae mails didn't we? Nothing came of it though, as he just couldn't manage to get the time aside without something coming up. Well, we are alone for now, though I'm never sure of what prying ears might be within the inn. We could speak now if you like...or perhaps move to a booth?" An innocent offer despite the inklings of tension between the two of them, as he'd turn his mug in slow circles on the counter top.
xmastersethx
Expert
Expert

Postby Simplicity on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:14 pm

She pondered a moment, tongue dancing against tiers, eyes sliding over those within the expanse of the Inn's commons for a moment. She would then push herself away from the bar, and begin moving toward the expanse of a booth. Shapely sway of hip, would no doubt further entice him to follow - even though it was after all his suggestion. She would slide within the expanse, moving to shift herself so back pressed against the wall and she could stretch her legs out upon the seat, allowing her coffee mug to rest upon the surface of the booth's table.

"Now that we can talk for a bit, there is a matter I've need to discuss with you." She said, once he sat down across from her, or shifted himself to have her feet in his lap on the same seat she was sitting on. "Mine slave, has been, denied access to the Dark Bitch's sanctuary by one of your priestesses. Only allowed to gain entry again without being looked down upon." Shift of frame, and another sip of her coffee taken. The caffeine within the drink was indeed suppressing her appetite - at least for food.
Simplicity

Postby xmastersethx on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:24 pm

Carthad would watch her slip away, leaving a coin on the bar for fugly to enjoy for her service of the coffee, and the scrape of wood on wood as the stool shifted with his rising had his feet coming closer to her. Following the sway of her hips, the rear moving back and forth. Why not? It was a lot more fun to look at then the back of her head. He wouldn't be so bold as to settle in next to her, slipping into the booth and sliding the curtain shut behind them. Away from what few prying eyes they might have, and Carthad would close his eyes for just a moment, activating one of the few dead spiders he still had left within the inn. He'd release a swarm of them at every visit...but there were cats, pixies, faes, and all manner of other creatures that decided to play with, crush, or otherwise damage his little undead contructs. At least he still had one left to watch the entrance to the booth for prying ears.

His coffee sipped before he'd settle it before him, head dipping. "Is that so? Tell me, who has denied your slave? And the name of your of course. I'll need both in order to remedy the situation...that is of course, if your slave is actually a devote follower of Kirva. I may need to speak with them to decide this...as my clergy are all very devout. Power hungry in particular, but I've found the desire to depose me only makes them all the more fervent in their beliefs."
xmastersethx
Expert
Expert

Postby Simplicity on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:47 am

She shifted, making no move to settle properly within the booth, but instead remain in her reclined pose. Watching as he settled across from her - apparently at the moment he wasn't so lust driven as to settle in beside her. She sipped her coffee. "He could not tell me her name, for he was not allowed to remain within the Temple long enough to find such out. His name however, is nymavin. He is a devout follower of Kirva, of that you have my word Carthad. It simply grates on mine nerves that he is not allowed to step foot within the sanctuary because one of the whores that call themselves priestesses deemed him not worthy, rather than allowing Kirva to do such." No, she did not think highly of many of the priestess within the Temple.

She closed her eyes a moment, hand sliding into her hair for the moment, tugging on the strands lightly as she waited for his reaction to her words.
Simplicity

Postby xmastersethx on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:33 am

He scooped up and gave a long drink from the coffee as he'd tilt his head at her lightly. "I suppose I can sympathize with that issue Nisha...but my question would be what exactly you expect me to do. I can't follow your slave about in order to make sure he isn't bullied. If he isn't strong enough to take a place in the temple then he'll be used as a sacrifice or cast out. If you wish to ensure he has his chance to worship than accompany him, or at least find out the name of the one that cast him out. Or do you expect me to put out a blanket statement to my clergy to hug and kiss everyone that comes in, give them a garland of flowers and make thier worship as comfortable as possible." He'd say teasingly.

He knew nisha was devout, believed in her faith, but the fact that she'd wish to speak to him over her slave being bullied? It seemed like a parent coming to a teacher about a class bully, but in this case the teacher was nearly never in the classroom at the same time as the students.
xmastersethx
Expert
Expert

Postby Simplicity on Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:29 am

She shifted, and the moment he opened his mouth, she'd known it was a bad idea to even suggest bringing this topic up with him, but it was too late and one can not undo things that have already been done. There was a light shrug of her shoulders, before her focus shifted for several long moments to the coffee mug and the remainder of the caramel hued liquid within. Consumption of it kept her mouth quiet for the time being and kept her from saying things that could, and possibly would put a strain on an already tentative relationship with the High Priest - even though her own internal thoughts were along the lines of him being less than fit for the position usually reserved for females, with a male as lesser priest if he'd proven himself worthy of such a prestigious position.

Finally, the mug was set down, now devoid of caramel hued liquid addiction. "No, I am not asking that Carthad, I am merely asking that mine be allowed to worship the goddess as freely as any other, without having to perform some ridiculous unattainable task before he is allowed to even step foot within Kirva's shrine again."

There was a shift of frame, the dropping of those legs from the expanse of the seat where she was perched, turning of herself so that she could look upon the priest fully. "He has no way of finding the Priestess, who more than likely is back within the gloom, or dead, that brought him to the surface. Nor does he have any desire to find her. What he simply wishes is to be able to worship the Goddess in her sanctuary, not squirreled away because a Priestess thought she could properly levy a tax upon his wish to worship within the Temple. If, such a tax, a penance is required, then it will not come from some lesser priestess within your ranks, but shall fall from your lips Carthad. Or from mine." She spoke, voice unwavering as she once more reclined within the confines of the booth, watching him with those swirlled orbs, studying his features. A hand lifted, sliding through stark white tresses, toying with the tips of a few strands for the moment in an almost absent-minded gesture.
Simplicity

Postby xmastersethx on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:50 pm

He arches a brow further, "I suppose I can't say anymore than that I will investigate the matter, though it would seem at grasping at stray hairs as it was." He still couldn't quite figure out what else she wanted him to do. A promise that her slave could worship? Was he to send a note? He hadn't met the slave, and according to the mistress herself the antagonizer might very well be gone, slipped back into the gloom and out of sight and mind. Of course the actual other members of the clergy that he employed were relatively small....not many priestesses left out there, or not many at all that would seek to leave the gloom and their positions therein.

She'd shift to look at him completely, his eyes locked on hers, studying them. Her speech of him being allowed to worship the same as any other had him turning the cup of coffee on its saucer idely. Was she preaching equality for a male? And a slave at that? No, he was reading too much into it, but still the matter in its entirety was curious. Carthad...simply...wasn't getting it.
xmastersethx
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Lonely Inn Roleplay