Turning Point(open)

Roleplay within the Inn. IC posts only in this forum

Moderator: Ehlanna

Turning Point(open)

Postby Nanitah on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:54 pm

Alonsa enters the inn intending to get a room and meal having scraped together some money. For the moment, she just wanted to sit down and took a seat at an empty table. She had long since been cut off from her family and the fortune they once had, but she she was still no better off than on day one. It was unbelievable that she had gone so low, and had no idea how to pick herself back up.
Nanitah
Novice
Novice

Re: Turning Point(open)

Postby Sha`Ruse on Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:58 am

Traael would be behind the bar, drying some wet glasses, ruby tail coiled around those feet as upper set of ruby wings rustled. Those ruby eyes peered out into the Inn, landing upon Alonsa, seeing her alone and somewhat depressed. "You alright?" The white-skinned Drak Sen would ask the girl, as she seemed to be the Tender on duty.
Mun of: Traael, Cameo, Lelay, Varis, Syn, Lyon
Sha`Ruse
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Nanitah on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:38 am

Alonsa snaps out of thought and looks up at Traael hearing her speak. "Oh, I'm just completely lost. My family's gone and our home was destroyed. I've never been on my own or had to earn a living, so my situation is not looking very good. If I don't figure something out...I may have to start doing things that would tarnish my family just to get by. Possibly even end up a slave." She sighs turning her gaze back down at the table.
Nanitah
Novice
Novice

Postby Sha`Ruse on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:35 am

The Ruby Drak-Sen nods as she listens to Alonsa as she tells her sad, but similiar, story. This wasn't the first time Traael had heard this story before, the thing about being a Tender, you see new arrivals all the time and listen to their stories, and this seemed to be the most common of them all, but Traael was poliet, as she always was. "Well, I'm real sorry to hear that." The Drak said. "But sometimes you have to do, what you have to do." The Drak found it funny that the girl mentioned having to become a slave, since the Drak was also a Slaver, but she wouldn't touch on that for now. "No matter what the consenqueses is. But, I have learned that in this land, there are several opporunties. Such as renting a room here for 10 mhl a month, and going out to find a job. Most places are hiring, just got to go out and look. Shouldn't think about something dire as becoming a slave so quick... unless, of course, there's something about being a slave you desire." The Drak's voice never changed, and her attention had moved back to her wet glasses she was drying. She was just trying to be helpful, trying to be nice.
Sha`Ruse
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Nanitah on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:07 am

"I'm not opposed to looking for work, it's obviously the only way I can get back on my feet. But I would need to learn how to do whatever position I apply for. Are any of these places willing to train me?" She was trying her best not to seem whiny or too dependant. "I'm sorry...I don't normally like to complain like this. It's just been such a shock going from living in a well to do household to wandering around the land just trying to survive. The only kind of wandering I did back then was along the shores close by." She lets out a sigh, her mood seeming to lift as she remenisced on the one thing she loved to do.
Nanitah
Novice
Novice

Postby Sha`Ruse on Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:32 am

Traael would nod. "Most do, I believe. But some of the places are pretty much self explanitory, such as some of shops. Customers bring you something, you ring it up and they pay for it, and you tell them to have a great day." Traael said easily enough, rolling left shoulder in a slight shrug. "Just show some confidence and you'll be alright." She would pause, placing down the now dry glass along with the others she had dried before picking up another wet one and resuming her work. "And to go from rices to rags? Just watch those around you, most of them surviving only from day to day. It's just something that you will need to learn: adaptation. But I will offer you this: Do not show weakness, as there are those here who will jump on you and exploit those weaknesses quicker than you can blink. Just a friendly warning." the Drak Sen would say with a smile.
Sha`Ruse
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Nanitah on Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:50 am

Alonsa nods wondering which place she should check out for work. The bath house sounded good, she had been there before, and it didn't look all that hard to do. She would have to try to catch whoever was in charge there sometime. "I may already have a place in mind to start with. Oh, can I get a room? I believe I have enough."
Nanitah
Novice
Novice

Postby Sha`Ruse on Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:15 am

Traael would nod to her, offering the girl a smile. "Good for you. And yes, I can get you a room." Traael would say, placing the glass and her rag down before moving down towards the till, reaching under it and pulling out the log book. It'd be opened and Traael would start to write. "It will be 10 mhl tonight, and your account will be charged 10 mhl each month the room stays in your name. It covers food and drink, the use of the Inn's slaves and bathing house. Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask." Traael would say, turning the book around and offering the quill to Alonsa, needing her to get up and come to the bar. "All I need it the mhl and your signature and you'll be all set." As waited for the other to come to sign the book, she would reach back down under the till to fetch a key, setting it upon the book as well for her.
Sha`Ruse
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Nanitah on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:35 pm

Alonsa nods getting up from the table and goes to the bar, taking out some coins and setting them next to the log book. "Oh, I see. I thought it might have been a nightly or weekly charge. In that case, perhaps I should looking into new clothes." She said referring to the old torn dress she had been wearing since losing her home. She takes the quill and signs her name in the book. "Thank you. I do feel hungry. Is there a menu I may look over?"
Nanitah
Novice
Novice

Postby Sha`Ruse on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:27 am

The coins would be taken, and slipped into the till as the Drak Sen stood there and watched. "New clothes always make a good impression," she would tell the other, reaching back under the till to put the book back when she was done signing it, and the key was offered. She'd pulled out another bit of parchment, offering it to her. "This is the best that we offer. I reccomend the stew, as Fugly does not seem to like licking it. And the bread that comes with it is wonderful... or so I've been told." Traael said with that easy smile.
Sha`Ruse
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Nanitah on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:26 am

Alonsa takes the key as she looks over the menu, looking up at Traael upon hearing her mention someone named Fugly not wanting to lick the stew. "Um, alright...and to drink..." She continues looking over the menu until she sees something that might be good. "I suppose I'll try the Light Cream Ale." She had never been allowed to touch anything with alchohol at home. She only hoped she wouldn't end up saying or doing something regretable later.
Nanitah
Novice
Novice

Postby Sha`Ruse on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:09 am

Traael would nod to Alonsa as she makes her order. "Coming right up," stated and then the Drak would dissapear into the kitchen for a few moments before coming back out with a small tray, holding a bowl of stew, a spoon, and some bread and butter on it. There was also a crystal goblet holding the Light Cream ale that was requested. Everything would be placed before the other. "And here you go. I hope you enjoy and if you need anything else, I'll just be over here drying some glasses." She would tell her, offering a smile before she went to place the tray back and then returned to her wet glasses.
Sha`Ruse
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Nanitah on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:57 pm

"Thank you." As Alonsa began to eat her meal, she starts pondering something else besides the drinks; the slaves. This was another thing she was curious about. Sure her home had a couple of them, but they were for cooking and cleaning, and for taking care of her when she was just a little girl. Since she came from a wealthy family, she was supposed to marry someone of equal status. But now that she was, as far as she knew, the only member of her family left, she was free to do things her way. Perhaps she would even take one of her own. But what kind would she take? Man? Woman? Human? Elf? So many to choose from.
Nanitah
Novice
Novice

Postby Sha`Ruse on Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:23 am

The Drak would nod to the girl. "Not a problem. I hope you get all that you wish for and need." Then the Drak would go quiet as she went back to her work, allowing the other to her thoughts. If the Drak was needed, the girl only had to ask, since she was still behind the counter.
Sha`Ruse
Predominate
Predominate

Return to Lonely Inn Roleplay