Red Wings (open)

Roleplay within the Inn. IC posts only in this forum

Moderator: Ehlanna

Red Wings (open)

Postby Sheridan on Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:40 pm

Sheridan sighed to herself as she ran a hand through her dark brown hair that fell a bit past her shoulders as she sat at the bar of some place accurately called the Lonely Inn. She didn't see anyone around and the bartender seemed to be doing something in the back room that stopped them from taking her order. She brushes some dirt off of the sleeve of the dark red loose shirt she wore before she straightened her black pants that stopped a little above her ankles. Her dark red wings were folded to her back and one of her legs was jogging up and down in annoyance. She did not like this town so far, she had just arrived and already someone tried to mug her, she barely escaped by flying away and in the process hit her wings on several things so they were now sore and in no state to be used. Her previously closed eyes opened as she looked around in annoyance, the light of the roof reflecting off of her very dark brown, almost black irises.
Sheridan
Novice
Novice

Re: Red Wings (open)

Postby Danar Swift on Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:29 am

One month.... no two months, yeah that sounded more accurate.

Danar had been in the Lonely Inn for 2 months now, promising himself that he would leave soon. Of course that never happened. And now as he made his way down into the Inn from his room he cast his eyes to see what crow there was tonight. He kept his hair short and neat and wore simple grey clothes over his body, and a glove to conceal his rather bulky right hand.

It was then that he caught sight of the winged woman, this was a stroke of fortune. There was some one here, who was like himself. He approached her table and inclined his head respectfully.

"Good evening madam, may I join you?"
Danar Swift
Novice
Novice

Postby Sheridan on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:40 am

She stilled at the sound of a voice and lifted her head, giving him a curious look before nodding slowly. "What race are you?" Was the first thing she asked as she faced him slightly and sat up straight and stopped shaking her leg, trying to not show that her wing was wounded in fear of the weakness being used against her, it had happened plenty of times before so she had learned to be cautious.
Sheridan
Novice
Novice

Postby Danar Swift on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:31 pm

"I am like you" He begins, but pauses and his words seem to catch in his throat as he rethinks his approach. "That is" he begins carefully, not breaking eye contact, "You are like me..." He gestures to his right arm, with even his hand hidden by a thick glove. "I appear difference and... ever so slightly scaly"

He then lowers his hand to the chair and slowly draws it back to sit on, but he does not sit on it yet. He watches, and waits for her permission to be seated.
Danar Swift
Novice
Novice

Postby Sheridan on Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:55 am

"You look nothing like a Torian." She said as she raised an eyebrow at him and nodded to the seat, signalling he was free to sit. Sheridan smoothed down her sleeves and shook her wings a bit, glancing at his back to see if he had wings since even Torian halflings did.
Sheridan
Novice
Novice

Postby Danar Swift on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:14 pm

"Well" He shakes his head and gives out a soft sigh. "I'm not EXACTLY like you. Not the same species but..."

He holds out his gloved hand and pulls down the cuff of his sleeve, revealing scales where flesh should be. "I am different and, like I said.... Slightly scaly. So..." He gestures at the chair once more, "May I sit?"

His eyes stray from the chair to her and back, tilting his head quizzically.
Danar Swift
Novice
Novice

Postby Sheridan on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:23 am

"Yes you can sit. What species are you though?" She queried. "I can't think of what you would be off the top of my head. Unless you have scales because of a spell or something." She was glad for the red coloring of her wings, it hid any blood that might be present on them from her little clash earlier when she damaged them, still not trusting this man and not wanting him to know of any weakness.
Sheridan
Novice
Novice

Postby Danar Swift on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:25 am

Danar pulls up a seat, lounging back and rolling his shoulders, clearly making himself comfortable before cocked an eyebrow at her query. "To be honest I'm not entirely sure. I've never met anyone remotely similar to me, not even a... Torian did you say?"

Danar tilts his head, his relaxed body and almost carefree eyes did not paste him as much of a threat. He even seemed.... Far too relaxed. He wasn't in the perfect toned shaped of the adventurers of the world and the soldiers of the kingdom. Aside from the scales concealed under his sleeves and gloves he seemed average.
Danar Swift
Novice
Novice

Postby Sheridan on Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:42 pm

'Hm, I guess what will save me from the superstitions of my race on this occasion.' She thought to herself, briefly stretching her wings to their full length so they wouldn't get stiff. She then pulled them back and refolded them against her back. "What's your name anyway?"
Sheridan
Novice
Novice

Postby Danar Swift on Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:26 pm

"My name is Danar" he leans forward on the table, resting his chin on his hand and rolls his shoulders, getting himself comfortable. "And yours?"
Danar Swift
Novice
Novice

Postby Sheridan on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:26 pm

"Sheridan. Nice to meet you Danar." She nodded, offering a slight smile before sipping her drink. "What brings you here for the night?"
Sheridan
Novice
Novice

Postby Danar Swift on Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:58 pm

"Actually" Danar began, splaying his hands and laying them flat on the table. "I've been here for a few nights, I guess I keep promising myself I'll leave but.." he slaps the table a few times for effect, "I'm quite comfortable where I am."
Danar Swift
Novice
Novice

Postby Sheridan on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:18 am

She chuckled before smiling, he didn't seem to be a threat. "I'm just staying here until I'm fit to fly." She said before spreading her left wing, showing a gash with dried blood where a pointed lamp post had caught her as she fled.
Sheridan
Novice
Novice

Postby Danar Swift on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:57 am

Danar cocks a brow at the sight of her wound. He leans forward curiously and points lazily at the injury. "And what unfortunate circumstances could leave such a wound across yourself?"
Danar Swift
Novice
Novice

Postby Sheridan on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:29 pm

"Someone tried to mug me. I flew off but my wing caught on a lamppost. Don't think I can fly for a few days." She said before shrugging. "Not the first time I've been grounded though."
Sheridan
Novice
Novice

Next

Return to Lonely Inn Roleplay