One Fugly Night

Roleplay within the Inn. IC posts only in this forum

Moderator: Ehlanna

One Fugly Night

Postby Wadeywade on Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:11 pm

One Fugly Night

As chronicled by Wade uth Matar
(Writers note: this incident predates Wades third death but after his employment by the Order of the Unspoken.)

You know we all make choices in life. Some are easy choices and others, not so much. When I was a kid things seemed uncomplicated but as I got older I realized this was a huge fallacy. There was one night in particular that comes to mind, the night I had to compromise both body and reputation, to gain a stronger foothold.. But what I gained well... That turned out to be a not half bad prize, after all. It was over a decade ago and a half ago, and looking back at it now I realize it was in reality a very pivotal moment for me..

It all began at the Lonely Inn, the main bartender Fugly and I had known each other a few years by then; I had been scraping for intel and I decided to stop in and have me a drink, the streets were unbearably quiet and nobody seemed to know a damn thing that was going on. Sitting at the bar and feeling glum Fugly came up as she always did and asked me, "what you want drink?" (Her common was a little broken, but I could understand her just fine, actually. ) I looked up, feeling like a rat in a cage because I knew something was going down, but for the life of me couldn't get a handle on it. "whiskey, triple shot." I said and she poured. "You seem down. Why?" Fugly inquired, and I shrugged. "Ive been trying to get actionable intel, and this city's become a closed book to me. " I slammed my fist on the bar, my glass rocking and lucky for me, I have quick reflexes, I barely saved it from spilling.

"Easy." Fugly says putting a hand on mine.. She looks around a minute, then leans in.. "I can help you, with what you need. But Imma gonna ask for something in return.. Something no man is willing to give willingly here." Just as clear as anyone perfect, unbroken common.. Well needless to say I was caught flatfooted! "What.. Did you just say?" I asked, a shiver shot up my spine like a bolt of lightning.. Trust me.. its a spooky feeling.

"Follow me." Fugly pats my hand and motioned.. I was curious at that point.. Ever hear the saying curiosity killed the cat-boy? Yeah. Now I know why. I followed her to a cellar-room, what Id guess was her personal office or might have been her room since it was attached to the Inn; But besides a private common room, it looked like a massive filing cabinet. There were shelves of files, sometimes books, each marked with a name. "Holy-" Wade whispers, they were alphabetical, even, Wade saw names of everyone who wasn't a Noble or Imperial officer on the files and books, and he surmised the thicker the file, or book the longer they'd been here.

"I collect this. It is about everyone, mostly." Fugly walked to a shelf, and removed a fairly thick file. She walked over to Wade, and he saw his own name on the file. He took it with a shaking hand and opened it; what was inside was vastly incomplete for sure but, it chronicled alot of what was said in the Inn and it surprised him what was inside. "You're kidding me. How the hell did you get all this?" Wade inquired with the quirk of a brow, flipping through the file and all the quips he had said at the bar. "I only need to remember, what was said a day. Then I just.. Write it down. I know that one day it will be useful. "

The next thing that happened well, I'd like to say it was pleasant, but the truth is it was far from it; Fugly stripped down naked as the day as she was born, right there in front of me. I will not and cannot convey what horror my eyes beheld for fear the paper will burst into flames to protect itself, "You want info. You fuck Fugly, all night. " She grinned salaciously, I closed my eyes and the room swam.. The door opened and closed but I could hear her in the small anteroom off the bedroom. "So what you say?" She said in a tone muffled by a wall. "Well, Fugs, this has been all very educational but Im not normally in the habit of accepting Faustian deals. however..."I replied but then thought: Come on, man, you've crawled through sewers to survive that trainwreck of a thing you call a life.. Then again, you saw her naked. You should thank the gods it was as brief as it was.

"You are like the rest. You find Fugly.. Gross." There was, behind that brick wall of a being a person still, and I just hurt her feelings. Its moments just like this a conscience is something you wish you could just cut out of yourself, it stung, The tinge of hurt in her voice I think got to me. Maybe it was staring at those files of conversation snippets, because it was pretty much everyone, and it dawned on me mostly it was people who had been mean to or cruel to her over the years. I knew what being rejected felt like. And I also knew my own file might grow incredibly thick, and fall into some other spys' hands.

"True. But I also know people don't think Im a superstar, either. And here you are, offering me a chance to climb a bit higher for a sacrifice, and more over, an act of simple kindness which is something thats rare for you." I felt my palms sweating, I had to be out of my mind. Only a madman would put himself through that. I think I was having my second thoughts but when I opened my mouth to express them, I said, "I'll do it. One night for permanent access to these files, and any new information up front first. One whole night. Because it will mean something to you, and because it will help me. Mutually beneficial destruction, as it were." I laughed, I figured I'd ridden off the cliff and was doing the swan dive and no wind spell was gonna save me this time..

So if you want to know the truth, the information was a draw; the chance at furthering my life here was a draw and certainly these were cancelled by the act but then.. There was just being nice to her, not many people are and I felt like, you know she could pack this all up and blow town because of it and people would be ignorant to what was lost. Thing is, I don't exactly know what drove me to it, but once I knew once I had, there was no going back.

"So you agree?" Fugly said in a curious tone. "Yes, I accept your terms. "I replied trying to keep my voice steady, I thought all semblance of sanity had fled but also.. No guts, no damn glory.. But then, when that door opened I was in for yet another shock. When Fugly stepped out of the anteroom, she was.. Shorter.. And blonde-r. If thats even a word, in fact she was, well, Elven. "Then maybe you like this better." She said to me, crossing the room. I was agape at this transformation, Fugly was still naked but she wore a cloak that was a strange gold- shimmery color. I figured it for an illusion but when she sat in my lap, I expected a crush and got.. Not that. It was a transmutation, and an extremely powerful one because the woman in my lap was warm, soft and light not to mention beautiful as could be.

"You didn't have to do this for me. " I whispered in amazement, to which Fugly, in this far more gorgeous form replied softly, "You are Fuglys' first willing lover." She frowned a little but then winked at him. "Fugly guessed this was.. The kind of woman Wade liked. You don't like?" Now she threw me this mock pout and for a second I forgot who she was.. I laughed softly kissing her. "No, its perfect actually. I love the hair." I chuckled in her ear, tossing her on the bed. And so, I fucked her. Bent over the bed, on the bed, under the bed (don't ask..), beside the bed, and so on. The whole time she wore that cloak, not that I minded at all because to tell you the truth, she was inescapably beautiful like this.. Who knew?

I suspected LP9 had something to do with it, too. But she said 'willing' and I guessed wrong, but it was amazing the transformation. I tossed her on the bed, this beautiful elven woman naked under this cloak. We proceeded to make a mess of that bed in short order and on, I fucked this beautiful elf nine ways from Airsday, and made enough noise to get noise complaints (no, not that kind), several times. I kept my word, I found it hard not to; and after several hours of fucking, sucking and other things I ventured the question as we lay spent beside each other (let me tell you, she has incredible stamina):

"What is this thing? Its magic of that there is no doubt, and very very powerful magic at that." Fugly kissed me on the nose smiling. "It is cloak Fugly borrowed from Lady Ehlanna." She winked and I had to laugh. "Do you know what its called?" I asked rolling onto this fleeting but unmistakably gorgeous form.. I guess I forgot who it really was.. Maybe I didn't need to remember, so I could look beyond. But an item like this.. Really gave him great job prospects.

"Dunno. Deception something. Not important, Guntha." Was her misty response. "Guntha, what does that mean?" I said laying there.. It i guess occurred what had happened.. Jabba the Butt. Just saying. "It means, 'formidable'. A big com-pli-ment in my kind." She replied breathily. As night wore into morning at some point we fell asleep, actually. When I awoke my clothes were folded on a chair and a note with a key sitting in it flapped in the breeze as it sat upon the table. The note

"Wade. Thank you for last night. This key is for the door. Use it when you need it. Fugly."

I shook my head. After a night like that the letter seemed at first dry and impersonal, but then I realized you had to read between the lines. Also if someone found it she had left me an easy escape to explain it. One that would not include an account of one Fugly night, even though it wasn't so bad, really. I looked around at the files.. I pulled mine down and exited after dressing, the tang of last night still filled the room. Locking the door behind me I made a beeline for the baths, burning pages of the file as I went. I had just paid the most terrible price, but as each page burned to a crisp I felt lighter. Finally I burned the last pages before stepping into the baths, by then I was light as a feather.

Once I exited the baths (after three long hours soaking I might add) I had no idea that day what was to come, except a stronger lever in my dealings on the street. That in itself was an invaluable treasure that had revealed others, making the cost seem less as I caught an errant breeze and flew on home after a brief visit to his new treasure.

~end~
"There are no strings on me." Leonard Snart
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Re: One Fugly Night

Postby Ehlanna on Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:35 am

Just seen this ...
Not wishing to rain on anyone's parade but ... Fugly is actually a character in the database, she is 'owned' by the Inn and so for those two reasons alone has to have OOC permission granted to have people assume RP about them. Thus, the above is deemed to be a 'fever dream' and not to have actually taken place.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Re: One Fugly Night

Postby Wadeywade on Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:21 pm

Ok. It was supoosed to be a one-shot anyways. But thanks for the info! Now i know stuff I didnt before.
That always helps make a better writer. :)
"There are no strings on me." Leonard Snart
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Return to Lonely Inn Roleplay