A letter arrives for Lord Sorgram...

The province of Valencia

Moderator: Sorgram

A letter arrives for Lord Sorgram...

Postby Rebecca of Valaris on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:01 am

The fae was not taking any bloody chances. It had been bad enough she'd had to pick the letter up in the first place from -that- woman, let alone hike herself all the way to Valencia to deliver it. After all that she wasn't going to risk being around when she delivered it. Instead she bides her time and in a brief gap when the door to his office was open, flutters in so low to the ground there was nothing on her altimeter bar the makers name, drops off her letter and was out of their like all the hounds from hell were after her. And so there the letter lays until Sorgram opens it. It's contents? Well, they would have most certainly have proved the fae's judgement sound.....

Lord Sorgram,

A matter of the -most- grave importance has arisen.

Since you either seem unaware or incapable of resolving, it would seem that I will have to do so in your stead. I will however need your assistance. The matter at hand appears to involve some sort of religious malarky, which I'm sure you will recall my abhorrence for, and is therefore outside my area of expertise

Ah, such a diplomat even in writing...

I therefore will need access to the temple, the library, free access to wherever I wish in Val, a good few hours of your time and quite possibly a large sum for expenses. Unless of course you are to blame for this whole farrago in which case just your time will do where I -will- expect you to give a damned good account of yourself. Not that, given the matter, I suspect you will be able to.

It probably would have helped had Rebecca outlined just what the matter at hand was of course. But given she knew what she was talking about, with her egocentric world view she just assumes he will too...

I shall ride out in a few days and -fully- expect my expectations to have been met. Naturally it goes without saying that I also damned well expect you to keep this to yourself other than to let your current shower of bods know I'm coming and to not get in my way. Should they do so then I consider them to be fair game. The matter is -simply- too important to have some amateurs get in the way of my endeavours.

I remain etc etc

Rebecca Draconis

Well, that was all nice and clear wasn't it? But it did seem that Rebecca would be riding back to Valencia, even if for only a brief while, and was a tad...vexed.
Rebecca of Valaris
Expert
Expert

Re: A letter arrives for Lord Sorgram...

Postby Sorgram on Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:52 am

Sorgram read the letter and casually called the flame to him and let the parchment burn, normally, he would erase it and reuse it for notes. However, this paper was ill used and needed a proper burial. Summoning a cook to bring him a piece of the paper used by the butcher to wrap meat, he would take a bit of it, dipping his quill into the Ink, he would write. 'come. Lord S.'

It was all he wrote, the fae summoned back, the same poor soul arrived back, a haggard tired exasperated look on his face as he arrived. 'return this to she whom paid you. ' the Lord said to the fae, he did not even bother to seal it. he paid the fae extra if it was delivered that night. He awaited the arrival of his former shield, informing the guard that she was to be brought directly to his office and nowhere else was she allowed to go, All of her requests would be addressed upon her arrival.
Sorgram
Op
Op

Re: A letter arrives for Lord Sorgram...

Postby Rebecca of Valaris on Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:17 am

"Come?" Of course I'm going to bloody come. Didn't he read the letter for heavens sake?", she asks the uncomfortable looking fae who -really- didn't think she got paid enough for this - at all.

"Well I'd better pack and get to the bottom of this then." she announces "Put a bit of stick about, what? Go on then...shoo" she adds dismissing finally the poor creature before going to do exactly that...
Rebecca of Valaris
Expert
Expert

Return to Valencia