Official visit to the Cave of Dwindling Light (For Carthad)

Roleplay at any of the four temples. IC posts only in this forum

Re: Official visit to the Cave of Dwindling Light (For Carth

Postby xmastersethx on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:47 am

Carthad shakes his head lightly, "No, I think the the message of the statue was quite clear. It was simply that Ishtar doesn't care what position she is in, obviously she wouldn't be allowed to share materials molded to the Goddess if she wasn't worthy of being in her presence. That's quite the compliment in itself...though I will allow blame to rest somewhat on the shoulders of your predecessor."

He'd turn to look at her again and his arms would cross over his chest, a firmness on his face as he'd let his gaze narrow slightly, while features took his emotionless cold mask. A flicker of nothing across those features, "But there are still more in line aren't there? What's next...to the Grove to offer yourself to that pompous Catman? Or even worse, to that mangy pile of fur Shadow, that desecrated this temple out of his own pride not long ago? You may seek peace with me...but we are long away from a peace with them."

His back turned to her, "Kirva does not share, and in this, in giving an offering, I must bend to her will. You are announced High Priestess, congratulations on your new position."
xmastersethx
Expert
Expert

Postby Keaira on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:49 am

Keaira bristled when he allowed ‘somewhat’ of the blame to rest on the shoulders of her predecessor. If she’d been the one making decisions, things would have turned out quite differently. But she wasn’t about to start an argument over something so irrelevant with Carthad. The past was behind them, and they couldn’t keep focusing on it. Her slender shoulders straightened.

“Yes, I will probably head to the Grove next. I am ashamed to say I have had little interaction with them. I know a little about Gaea, but not as much as I know about Kirva or Uvelcra. My concern is the Temple of Ishtar, that is why I am going to all the temples. Peace offered where there was strife before. You may not be ready for that step. Perhaps you never will, but it is something I have to try. Despite what animosities exist between you, they are the chosen of their goddess, and deserve respect on that account. But that is not about you. Today is about you. You and Kirva.”

Her eyes studied his back. To say she was disappointed he had turned her back on her was a lie. She felt the rejection to her toes, even as she tried to tell herself that it wasn’t her personally he was rejecting. His last statement could have been softened a bit, but Carthad was not one to soften anything. After a long stretch in the silence, she turned her eyes onto the statue of the dark goddess. Her attention was rapt on the statue as if she was hearing something beyond, but that wasn’t anything abnormal for Keaira. Finally life seemed to flow back through her. She gave a deep bow to the statue, her attention staying on the goddess. Her voice, when she finally spoke, was soft, almost prayerful.

“And I have the utmost respect for Kirva, and will not sully an offering. If that is her will, then who am I to say otherwise?” She gave him a passing glance. “Thank you.” Her head inclined in respect for him. Then without another word she turned to head towards the exit.

Her newest addition, a blood red ruby in the middle of the tattoo on her back, seemed to cast bloody shards of light around her as she made her way away from him. There seemed to be an inner glow to the jewel, casting bloody light where there was no light to be found. The jewel was about the size of a thumbnail, embedded into the skin between her shoulder blades. For a moment the light seemed to pulse, then it dimmed, but the light never quite left it.
Keaira

Postby xmastersethx on Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:27 pm

Indeed it wasn't so much about her as it was about the Goddess. Of course that didn't mean the necromancer wasn't being a bit petty over all of it. That he wasn't first, that he wasn't the most important, that she was going to those pompous Gaean fools.... no doubt they'd make good use of her. He wouldn't have her on Kirva's altar if she was passing herself around like some common commodity in hopes of peace between her temple and the others. Who had ever truly waged war with Ishtar? He knew he had followers that would certainly abuse of deface their temple if given the change....and there was his own imprisonment there for a time wasn't there? He had been so caught up in trying to spill Shadow's blood that the slight had almost escaped his memory completely.

"You are welcome Keaira. You are welcome here as a woman, but things have changed from our times before. I have changed. I doubt you will see me within the temple of Ishtar again any time soon, if ever. I haven't returned since my imprisonment there, and once my freedom was granted it took a great deal of restraint to not set fire to every flammable inch of that place. But I digress, ranting on about past rages. Kirva does not enjoy shared offerings, she is far to jealous a goddess to accept such. As long as everything you do is for Ishtar, then I suppose your offerings here can't be accepted."

As she'd begin to walk away he'd turn to watch her go, just his head, but eyes would latch onto that glowing gem. The magic pulsing off of it as he'd speak softly, though if she listened closely she could make it out, "Odd bit of magic there..."
xmastersethx
Expert
Expert

Postby Keaira on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:35 am

Keaira paused before she disappeared from sight. She kept her back on Carthad for a while. Her shoulders straightened as she fought the urge to lash out at him. That would only make matters worse, and that was not her intention by coming here today. Once she was sure her temper was under control, she turned back to face him once again. There was a sense of loss in her eyes, but her shoulders and chin were set with determination.

“You say I am welcome here, but not as long as everything I do is for Ishtar. My every breath is dictated by Ishtar, Carthad. If it was not for her will, I would not walk this earth today. To not give her thanks for each breath, for each day or act would be blasphemous at best. I have tried that route. I have tried running from Her and it is like ripping my soul out. If I could change the past, I would. There are a great many things I would change. About my own past, about things that have happened between your temple and mine, grievances done against you and me. But better to wish for the moon.” She took a step back towards him, then stopped, eyes boring into his.

“I have come before Kirva and offered her pain, recognized her and felt her move in me. Even then I was what I am, a faithful follower of Ishtar. I do not presume to know Kirva’s mind the way I know Ishtar’s. That connection is not mine to have. But I do believe that Kirva cares not about sharing me with Ishtar. As long as she gets what is hers, what does she care about the rest?” She shook her head sadly. “I will still give offering to the dark goddess, for I have promised her that I would. It hurts that you restrict my offerings from her temple proper.” She forced herself to stop. It seemed there was more to say, but she kept it back.

Her eyes sought the statue of the goddess once more. She took a deep breath before turning her attention back to Carthad. “You aren’t the only one who has changed, Carthad. I have met Ishtar and I can never be the same. Before I could put that part of me away. It was difficult, and hurt physically, but I could. Not any longer.” She shook her head, taking another deep breath. “She is a part of me now. I can feel her...” For a moment she was lost for words. “I have no words to describe how it is. Like a string tied to my gut, leading straight to her... but so much more.” She reached over her shoulder, fingers brushing the ruby. Her eyes slid closed, heart jumping into her throat. “An odd bit of magic... perhaps. The magic of the gods is always odd, and never quite what we expect.”
Keaira

Postby xmastersethx on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:30 pm

He couldn't help but chuckle at her mention of wishing for the moon and spoke low in his tone perhaps more to the statue than to her, "Why wish. Its better to take...all things in their due time." Perhaps Carthad had gone stark raving mad in his devotion, perhape the time spent during the Blood Swan had opened up a deeper and dark part of him. Just as likely was that he was just that blatantly arrogant in certain in his ever steady rise of power that he believed in time nothing would be denied him. Of course no one knew yet of his his most recent secrets, that time was no longer an obstacle for him.

Then he'd meet her gaze, that power she tried to bore into him, trying to be strong to meet his gaze. He knew there wasn't an intimidating bone in her body, and the look he returned to her was absolutely withering. Perhaps a test, to see if she'd turn her gaze first, or if this resolution she'd suddenly found would continue to steel her nerves. Her mind normally dripped submission, and even now Carthad knew she wouldn't disobey an order from him. If he told her to leave she would, to bend over atop the altar, without a doubt. Hop around on one leg and bark like a dog? Well...there was a chance at least. "You never free yourself from her then Keaira? Even Kirva knows there are times I serve myself rather than her, and she allows it, for in serving myself she grows stronger. I don't do everything for my Goddess....but our deities are so different, aren't they. To think that while Kirva might hold me by a puppeteers strings, at least I cannot see them. Such ignorance is bliss. To have her claws wrapped around my guts the way you describe Ishtar holding you...well, I think it would lead to open and futile rebellion on my part."

He'd take a step toward her then, toying with her? Perhaps flexing the power he knew he had over her body as left hand would rise and gently cup her right breast. Then a hard squeeze, constricting fingers, flicking thumb over the nipple as he'd continue to search her soul through the pools of her eyes, "Was that yet another goal of this trip Keaira? To announce yourself, and give yourself to the priest. Pleasure to Ishtar, pain to Kirva. The same offer you will make at every other temple no doubt..."
xmastersethx
Expert
Expert

Postby Keaira on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:28 am

Keaira kept her gaze on his, not letting her eyes drop the slightest inch. It had nothing to do with challenging him. She was a strong person and could meet him toe to toe. Unless he pulled her hair, or any number of other appropriate things. There was no need for her to challenge him, and even as her gaze met his, there was no challenge in those green orbs. Even as he closed the distance between them, she didn’t drop her eyes. A shudder passed through her as his hand closed over her breast. A soft gasp as he squeezed down, body immediately responding to the attention. Her knees wanted to turn to water, but she forced them to hold her weight. And still those eyes stayed locked on his. His was the challenge, and she met it head on.

She shook her head ever so slightly, eyes staying steady on his. The desire swam just under the surface of her gaze. Her voice was soft, barely above a whisper, intimate between just the two of them. “My goal was to announce myself, Carthad. Which I have done. Anything beyond that was not expected, or requested. If the opportunity to give offering presented itself, I am always willing. Not once have I asked for you to use me in an offering, nor even suggested it. At the other temples I announce myself. If they choose to give a combined offering that is their prerogative, but not my goal.” She paused briefly, taking in a deep, steady breath. Her eyes rock steady on his.

“As far as what Ishtar requires of me... She does not require that from all of her followers. Not even all of her clergy. I was dedicated to her before I was even born. My very existence is to give her praise. My first memories were of her presence in my life, not my mother’s. No, I will never be free of her. I tried to run from her once, and it almost killed me. Ishtar is not so different from Kirva. But she is jealous of what is hers and never any other’s. To give offering to another god is not to deny her. Gods are above us for a reason, and deserve respect. But at the end of the day I am Ishtar’s. I have always been, and she has deepened that claim with that ruby on my back.” She gave pause for one moment, ordering her thoughts before continuing. “It is your choice to do with me as you will. Send me away. Give me as an offering to Kirva, knowing that Ishtar gets hers as well. I have done what I came here to do, the rest is in your hands, Carthad.” She took a deep breath, proud that she’d been able to think through that delightful teasing.
Keaira

Postby xmastersethx on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:16 pm

Carthad thought on this, and the silence was long, deafening, and heavy. Of course true silence was never a possible thing within this cave, as even if the spiders granted the necromancer wide berth, and even their chittering was subdued as if they sensed the shifting and fluid nature of his current mood, the sounds of their rushed scuttling and chitionous legs scraping along stone could never be silenced.

His hand didn't stop, manipulating that plump swell in a mixture of child's play thing and stress ball while he thought. Turning it, cupping it, both flicking his thumb to the nipple and grinding his palm wholly against it. It would be tenderly rolled and then harshly squeezed, it had been so long since he'd played with her afterall...but perhaps the amount of time he was spending toying with her body was the sign of what was to come.

"Then you have completed your objective Keaira....you are announced as a true follower of Ishtar and Ishtar alone. I need to do something to make my temple stand out, and for all the enjoyment she derives from it, something tells me now isn't the time that giving into my weakness for flesh will please Kirva," Her breast released. Tit allowed to fall ang jiggle back into place as he'd give a light smirk, "You are free to go then, Daughter of Ishtar."
xmastersethx
Expert
Expert

Postby Keaira on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:19 pm

Keaira trembled at his teasing. He knew her body well, and it was evident that she was having a hard time keeping upright. She wanted nothing more than to give into that cruel hand. Despite her efforts, small sounds caught in her throat. As much as she wanted him, she would not ask. That was not what she’d come here to do. And it was killing her to not fall to her knees and beg him to take her. It twisted her stomach to think he knew her well enough to know that’s how she felt.

The longer his teasing went on, the more hope grew inside that he’d give in to the desires she was sure he was feeling for her as well. From the moment he started talking, she knew. His tone had that quality, and she knew he was going to send her away. Disappointment flooded her. She did her best to keep it from showing on her face. She let out a small sound as his hand released her breast. It took a moment for her to gather her thoughts.

Finally she took a deep breath, seeming to come back to the world. She gave him a gentle smile, hoping it would hide that deep disappointment, and the salvage need he’d stirred within her. “You know the will of your goddess.” A brief incline of her head. She was wondering exactly he meant by making his temple stand out, but she knew better than trying to get him to explain it. A step was taken away from him. A thought flashed across her eyes before she turned away from him. She prayed this wasn’t an end to whatever they’d had in the past, but somehow it felt like that to her. Perhaps her emotions were just getting the better of her.

Her cuffs rang softly as she started to the door. She turned back to him, giving him another gentle, almost sad smile. This time her bow was deeper, much more respectful. “Thank you for your time, Carthad.” As she straightened, her attention shifted from him to the dark statue. Her bow was deeper to the goddess, lips moving in a silent prayer. She did not look back at the High Priest as she straightened and made her way for the passage back to the outside. Her thoughts turning to her whip, and hoping no one at the temple was of a mind to disturb her. She needed some alone time at the moment.
Keaira

Postby xmastersethx on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:57 pm

They both knew he wasn't trying his hardest to toy with her body, to make her crumple to her knees in whimpering need to have him take her. To ravage her sweet little body before the altar and his dark goddess. But in truth, if he had done just that, it would have been a victory for her and her Goddess of lust. He didn't let her cross that edge into a creature of puer lust because that was what her Goddess demanded of her. Rather he made her walk that razor's edge where the choice was still hers. She resisted.

He'd let her walk away, sinking his head in a deep nod, almost a quasi bow toward her, "Take care of yourself Keaira. Have a safe walk back," He'd say in response to her reverent words, noting the deeper bow she granted to the statue. Giving her her due indeed...he'd need to think on this. Meditate and study, as his hand rose and fingers slide along his chin as he'd watch her frame moving every further away, up the entrance to the cavern and no doubt out into the world outside.
xmastersethx
Expert
Expert

Postby Keaira on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:31 pm

Keaira didn’t turn around, the only acknowledgement to his response was a tilt of her head. After a moment, the glow of her skin, and the dancing shards of light disappeared from the passage. His words seemed to mock her, even if the tone had not been mocking.

Danger. That was what she needed a little of at the moment. It had been a long time since she’d done anything rash and purposely put herself in a dangerous situation. She retrieved her cloak, but instead of placing it around her shoulders, she bundled it in her arms, leaving her bare, heaving breasts open for any eyes.

There was the possibility no one would even see her on her walk back, but her heart skipped at the thought of being taken advantage of. It was after all, Ishtar’s favorite form of worship.

One last glance was given to that ever moving entrance to the Cave, then she was heading down the road, naked to the world.
Keaira

Previous

Return to Temple Roleplays