Official visit to the Cave of Dwindling Light (For Carthad)

Roleplay at any of the four temples. IC posts only in this forum

Official visit to the Cave of Dwindling Light (For Carthad)

Postby Keaira on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:13 am

The day after her visit to Sorgram dawned clear and bright. She lay in bed staring at the ceiling, thoughts tumbling through her head. Finally she rolled out of bed, starting the same procedure she had the day before. She bathed carefully, letting one of the Temple’s slaves massage oil into her skin till she gleamed. Her hair was brushed till it gleamed as bright as her hair. The collar and cuffs were polished once again.

This time she departed on foot. It wasn’t too far to the Cave of Dwindling Light, and the walk would help clear her mind. She wore a light traveling cloak over her nakedness. Not that she was afraid of what anyone might do if they saw her nakedness, but rather she didn’t want any distractions on her way for an official visit. It wouldn’t do to take so much time preparing only to have it all ruined with a romp in the trees.

She did her best to prepare herself mentally as she made her way to the Cave. She’d chosen Sorgram first because he was the furthest away. She chose Carthad next because he would most likely be the most difficult visit. Tension between their temples was legendary. Even when everyone was of an accord, there was still that rivalry.

The living mouth of the Cave came into view. It took everything in her to not shudder at the sight of all those moving spiders. She stopped at a nearby tree, removing her cloak and placing it on the ground. The mithral caught the glitter of the sun. Normally she didn’t wear the cuffs at her ankles and wrists except in the Temple. Wearing them here was part of her ‘official’ decorum. With one last deep breath, she walked steadily past those spiders, stepping into the darkness that was all too fast. She prayed she’d find Carthad in residence and wouldn’t have to make the trek back out here later.
Keaira

Re: Official visit to the Cave of Dwindling Light (For Carth

Postby xmastersethx on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:44 pm

The High Priest of Kirva sat at his desk deep within the temple, through winding passages of sanctuary and innumberable hordes of spiders both large and miniscule, doing calculations, tallies, preparations. He would announce the festival soon, once he had a few more of the preperations underway...then there would be trips to the breweries, the wineries, meat shops. Cooks might need be hired and that opened up a new difficulty of whether he could even get them to cook here within the gloom of this place. Afterall, not many surface dwellers would come to enter anyway, even with the promise of decadence, food, drink and pleasure to lure them. Excess at its finest would ensue, whatever the case.

Then the shift in the noises of spiders would have his head rising, and he'd close those glacier blue orbs to send his mind and senses out to one of his automatons. There she was, the Daughter of Ishtar...no, that title no longer applied did it? Tongue clicked against his teeth as he'd watch her descend toward the altar, naked and vulnerable there before the statue of Kirva. Message spell on his lips as she'd hear that ethereal whisper tickling her ear, "What are you doing here Keaira...come to offer your time to the Goddes once more?"
xmastersethx
Expert
Expert

Postby Keaira on Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:06 pm

Keaira jumped a bit as the message found her. She’d been staring up at the statue of Kirva. She respected the goddess, even if she didn’t worship her. The priestess wished there was less strife between their temples. She was convinced Kirva and Ishtar weren’t at each other’s throats as much as their worshippers had been over the years. The solution to that problem still hadn’t worked its way to her yet, but she still held out hope.

It took several hard swallows to dislodge her heart from her throat. Finally she took a deep breath, able to trust her voice again. Her own voice was a whisper in itself. She did not possess the ability to send messages, but she was familiar enough with the spell to know she had a brief period to respond back to him. “I have come to officially announce myself as Ishtar’s chosen Head.” Truthfully she didn’t need to go to all the temples, but she wanted peace between them, and she prayed that this would be the first step in that direction.
Keaira

Postby xmastersethx on Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:20 pm

He'd grin lightly and dip his head, letting his fingers rise, knitting them together slowly as he'd think on this. He could see through the eyes of the spider above her, its life long passed away, but kept together by his foul machinations and the preservation fluids he developed himself within the chambers of his basement. Her nerves were one edge just from being within this temple, and even moreso he loved watching her body tighten at the sound of her voice. What power Kirva had given over her, or perhaps it was just that true slave's heart of hers calling out to the master in him, but he knew something low in her tightened in both fear and eagerness at his tone. His whisper still smooth as silk, his prescence still hidden...how could she know that he wasn't even in the room with her right now.

"Anouncement taken, Daugher of Ishtar...or do I call you High Priestess now? Since Rayn has scampered off. Well, no need to bring her up, she was rather upset with me for a time...but now you are the head of the temple, leader of the Empire's official religion, and that would mean under the protection of the Lord Emperor himself yes? No more abuse...no more kidnappings...well not unless you properly beg for it." he'd say in that voice that seemed to come from right behind her, as if at any moment that familiar form would press against her backside to take her.
xmastersethx
Expert
Expert

Postby Keaira on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Keaira felt the hairs on the back of her neck rise as if he were truly behind her. She didn’t turn around though. It took strength of will to not do so, but she managed, even with her heart thudding in her throat. She hated the conflicting emotions in her, knowing there was little she wouldn’t do if he asked in the right manner. Hating the fact that she knew he had the same knowledge. He’d been one of the first to figure her out, and he could play her better most musicians played their instruments.

Her eyes were glued to the shadow draped statue of the goddess. The darkness around her seemed to take on a weight, pressing down around her. Finally she was able to find her voice. The steadiness of her voice surprised her, belying the snaking of her insides.

“I am still the Daughter of Ishtar. Ishtar herself decreed there was no reason to have someone between her and her Daughter. I prefer that title over High Priestess.” She left the subject of Rayn alone. She was not about to discuss the inner politics of her temple with him. “And His Majesty has placed imperial protection around me. He said he doesn’t want anyone thinking that since I wear a collar I am no more than a slave. As far as abuse, that depends on the light in which it is given. I am still what I am. That has not changed. I was made to find pleasure though pain. As far as the kidnappings...” She shrugged a slender shoulder. “That is up to the offender if they will risk the Emperor’s wrath.” She ignored the last part of his statement. If anyone could get her to eventually beg for those things, it would be him.

She closed her eyes briefly, shivering at the presence she could feel. She swayed on her feet ever so slightly. He might know how to make her body dance and sing, but he had never been able to break her devotion to Ishtar.
Keaira

Postby xmastersethx on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:55 pm

Carthad moved then, rising from his desk, floating like a spectre through the winding passages and narrow tunnels. Closing on her as her statement hung in the longest time in silence. Then another whisper, "Yes, the Emperor's wrath...should protect you for a little while from the fire god pretender, shouldn't it?" He'd tease lightly, remembering how she'd told of him kidnapping her. "Of course...it won't protect you from the divine. Have you forgotten your admittance that Kirva had some hold over you? That you would come here...to me...to give her praise as she demands. For once your prayers going to one other than your precious Ishtar."

Silence again, long enough to let her think, before she felt body press behind her. THe wicked smoothness of silk belying the power of the male frame beneath it, hand sliding down, dragging along the curve of her naked hip. Gripping where hip met ass and pulling lower back into him lewdly, letting her feel the outline of the organ that made her quiver. "Your attire makes me think you wanted to make at least one more offering to Kirva before your devotion is given completely to Ishtar."
xmastersethx
Expert
Expert

Postby Keaira on Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:05 am

Keaira couldn’t help melting into that strong presence. Breath had escaped her the moment his hand laid on her bare skin, sending her heart fluttering into her throat. She couldn’t resist him even if she’d tried. Her body knew his too well, knew what his touch could do, how he could please that darkness inside her. She closed her eyes as she let his presence loom over her.

Her voice was soft, and gentle as she replied. “I look to Ishtar for protection. The Emperor will do as he wills. He might take offense where I would not, but that is beyond my control. And I have not forgotten Kirva.” Even as she muttered the name she felt the darkness swirl around them. “Acknowledging a goddess and giving her due is not the same as devotion. My prayers have always belonged to Ishtar, and always will. But that does not mean I do not give Kirva the honor she deserves as a goddess.” It was a fine line, and Carthad liked to blur that line. Keaira kept defining that line, and probably would have to continue till the end of time.

It took immense concentration to not think too hard on that manhood pressing into her hips. “And my ‘attire’ is nothing new. You know that I gave up clothing when I took my collar. I stand ready at all times.” She turned her head to look up at him, her eyes dancing with a dark light.
Keaira

Postby xmastersethx on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:58 pm

He smirked lightly at her while she turned toward him, his handsome features shifted to not quite a sneer, but something wickedly dark, temptation incarnate as fingers closed tighter on her hip and pressed her back to him harder, to the point where she was certain through the sensitive flesh of those tender cheeks she could feel the -pulse- bet lightly through that apendage. His other hand was on her side, a relatively chaste touch, even as her words spoke of being ripe, ready to be plucked, to lose herself in the dark desires of the necromancer.

"Did you now? Then why the cloak on the way here Keaira? Aren't you meant to be ready at all times, even for the denizens of the forest? Or does the Goddess encourage your preferences....you wanted to be fresh and sweet for me, and for Kirva." Fingers dragging lightly up along her other naked hip and side in a light stroke, "The times you were drawn here by dreams and strife it was to worship Kirva, not just to give her her due as a Goddess. Don't fool yourself into thinking Ishtar has the complete and sole possession of your soul. The Dark mOther has you in her web just as she has all of us."
xmastersethx
Expert
Expert

Postby Keaira on Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:06 am

“Ishtar has you in her web as surely as Kirva has me in hers. Does that mean you don’t serve Kirva with every breath?” She shook her head. Her head fell back against his chest as her eyes slipped closed. “I wore my cloak to make sure I would be in perfect shape when I got here. Not for Kirva’s sake, or even for yours, but because I was presenting myself as the official Head of the Temple of Ishtar. I do not deem to control the god’s wills. If Ishtar had wanted me used on my way here, then I would not have resisted.”

A very small shudder passed through her body. The pulse tickling away at her ass was pulling more and more of her concentration. Surely that was his goal, but that just went to show how well he knew her. How easily he could distract her. She took a deep breath, clearing her mind. The growing desire pushed back a little, leaving her free to think better and concentrate on the verbal sparring. She knew better than to let her mind wonder when he was around.
Keaira

Postby xmastersethx on Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:22 pm

He chuckled lightly at her words, fingers sliding over her hips, one hand gliding up, a caress over her lower stomach, and then middle finger would drag. From the top of her sex, up between the mounds of her breast, not touching anything terribly sensitive, only the line of her oiled skin, toying with her, knowing she wants his hands elsewhere. "Our Goddesses function differently my dear. Kirva knows that first and foremost, I serve myself...but serving her is in my best interest, and so she can count on my loyalty." His hand would turn, and fingers would suddenly curl hard into her plump right breast. Squeezing with enough force that flesh would spill forth between the cracks of his fingers, nipple trapped in agonized glee against the grinding palm of his hand, "Don't lie girl. At least part of this was for my sake...oiling up your frame, the scented oil. You wanted me to desire you, to ravage you, and that desire lies deeper than simply being the Head of your Temple."

That shudder, the way her breathing was a bit shakier, another grind given forward, almost positive he'd felt pressure returned. Friction from her round taut bottom back against the apendage that was still hidden beneath dark folds of robe. A slow exhalation escaping him, the heat of it dancing along her neck as they'd stand, bickering and their lower bodies flush.
xmastersethx
Expert
Expert

Postby Keaira on Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:56 pm

Keaira was a trembling mess as his fingers ran over her body. Part of her wanted his hands in more intimate places, part of her didn’t knowing she’d loose any thoughts when he did. And indeed most thought flew out of her mind as his hand found her breast, squeezing down on it so that pleasure and pain battled in her body. A cry escaped her lips as her body gave a jerk back into his own. Her body tingled with want of attention from that appendage pressing into her ass.

“I have not lied, Carthad...” She squirmed a bit, a small moan escaping her. “My goddess is the goddess of pleasure. I would not be doing my job if I did not inspire you to pleasure.” She turned her head enough to look up at him, her own breath hot on his neck. “And I do take pride in doing my job well.” A smile spread over her lips as she looked up at him. “Am I do take pride in serving my goddess to the fullest..”
Keaira

Postby xmastersethx on Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:22 pm

That hard jerk caused cheeks to part, plumping cockmeat under his robe sliding between them to be sandwiched if she just nestled back and flexed her cheeks. As his breath slipped from his throat, and his tongue would turn, dragging along her neck deeply he'd chuckle, "Well then, glad to see your job demands that you come and see me." There was a coldness in that chuckle, perhaps something she hadn't expected from him. As his other hand slid around and dipped between her thighs. Long drag of his fingers along her cunny, sliding along lips, and a grind given forward to her.

Then he was gone, not dissapeared, but his flesh no longer felt, hand fading away as if made of mist, and he was walking away from her. Leaving her in that state where he knew her mind would be fading, her resolve weakening. He'd begin to stroll toward the statue, "But my Goddess is a jealous one, and I can't have you taking pleasure for your Goddess in -Her- Temple," he'd say looking up to the statue.
xmastersethx
Expert
Expert

Postby Keaira on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:16 am

A moan escaped her as he pulled her back, that throbbing manhood teasing her. Her knees trembled as his tongue ran up her neck. It surprised her that she was able to keep upright at all. That coldness in his chuckle ran like a physical touch over her body. She gasped softly as much from his hand dipping between her thighs as to the tone in his voice. It was that coldness, that cruelty that called to her. She knew it, but even knowing it she couldn’t help craving it.

His support disappeared. She stumbled, but managed to not fall onto the floor. Her skin cooled almost immediately, leaving her feeling as cool as his attitude. She tried desperately to regain her composure, to recall herself. It was a miserable failure. The only thing she managed to accomplish was calming her breathing and her racing heart. Her body still cried out for his touch, his presence looming over her.

She turned to look at that dark statue and the man standing before it. Her gaze drifted from the two of them, to just Kirva. A shiver passed through her body. Memories flashed through her, some here, some elsewhere, but all of them connected to her journey to acknowledge the goddess and give her due. Keaira knew it was the right thing to do, but there were still times she doubted herself. This was not one of them.

Those green eyes came back to rest on Kirva’s High Priest. “I cannot quit being who I am, Carthad. Just as you bring Kirva into my temple, I bring Ishtar into yours. I am too connected to my goddess. And besides, Ishtar is the goddess of *Pleasure*. But that does not mean I do not offer Kirva her due. I give my pain and all those dark feelings to Kirva. But I cannot deny Ishtar.” Her own eyes went back to the statue of the goddess. They’d had this conversation before, but he never gave up. Her body ached for him to bring his attention back to her, but she held her tongue, letting that desire build.
Keaira

Postby xmastersethx on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:43 pm

That shudder had been so sweet, that rocking of her knees, jiggling ready to collapse beneath him if he just kept pressing, kept playing this game. But no, he was making it clear, he wanted her mind only slightly befuddled on this. She could give herself completely to her Goddess and say whatever it took to be had by him in a few more moments. He didn't want that. Knew that her wordless submission was more worship to her Goddess than anything.

Standing before her, looking at the Goddess and then back towards her, watching the struggle to regain breath, to hold onto her composure, even as each little bump on her skin declared her wanton need for his touch. Asked him to return to stroke her flesh, to tease her to the edge of such mad pleasure and finnally after she'd teetered on it, to take her, ravage her, and make her scream to both of their Goddesses in complete madness. The scenario played out scene by scene in his head, and it was oh so tempting, because Kirva -would- enjoy the Daughter's submission, even if Ishtar would enjoy her giving into the pleasure.

"Is that why you've come then Keaira? To bring an offer of pain and darkness to Kirva? To make an offering so that she would be appeased at your taking up of the temple? To kneel before me and pleasure me as I inflict the agonies you so crave upon you, is that any different than the statue that caused all that uproar, if Ishtar kneeling before Kirva? Would Ishtar care if she kneeled as long as pleasure was being had?" He'd say turning to face her completely again, cool sneer on his lips, "Or is this just one more stop. Another notch as you move from temple to temple and invite the priests use of your body, because your Goddess wishes it."
xmastersethx
Expert
Expert

Postby Keaira on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:52 am

Keaira turned her gaze to that dark statue. She let his questions roll over her. She let several moments pass before her attention moved from the goddess to him. Her eyes were a bit guarded as she weighed him. It was mostly the sneer on his face that held her back from answering immediately. She watched his reaction to her silence before she even started forming her answer in her mind. She didn’t have to think of the answer, she’d tell him the truth. Just as she always wanted to truth from him.

“A little of both.” She shifted her weight, her gaze left him to look up at the statue once again. “I plan on going to all the temples. I feel there has been enough animosity and I want to start out by offering an olive branch to all the temple heads. So I am going to the temples and presenting myself officially.” She looked back at him. “It is not a scheme of Ishtar’s, nor a way for me to offer my body to those of other faiths. If you wished me to leave now that I’ve announced myself, I will.” Her tone said that she didn’t think he would ask her to do that.

She moved to stand next to him, her attention going back to the statue. “And I do not need Kirva’s approval on my appointment. I already have my goddess’s and that is all that matters. As far as that statue... Just because one kneels in pleasure does not make that one lower.” Her eyes came back to him. “The problem was not with the statue itself. Perhaps that is a relationship Kirva and Ishtar share. The problem was the reason for which it was made. It was made to say that Ishtar was below, submissive to Kirva. That was what the uproar was about. And I believe most of the uproar had to do with my predecessor, not me. Had the attitude behind the statue been different, I might have even defended it, but it had been created to cause strife.

“And as to giving an offering to Kirva... that was not the main reason I came here today, but if you should wish it, I would not refuse. I am more than willing to give a goddess her due.” There was more to say, but she left it at that. Mostly what she was doing was reaffirming things he already knew.
Keaira

Next

Return to Temple Roleplays