The Letter: For CD and House Quellarin Chath

Roleplay at any of the four temples. IC posts only in this forum

The Letter: For CD and House Quellarin Chath

Postby Isla on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:37 pm

Isla had been having things weighing on her mind with her recent appointment within the Temple. Her prayers brought up troubling thoughts and with looming war she felt it imparative to do what she had imposed on her as being right. She closed her eyes, with the dinner coming up she would almost think herself insane to do such but soon she was scratching out the words she would send.

Lady Daae,
house of Quellarin Chath,
I Isla McKie, Joiner of the Temple of Ulvecra would like to bridge the gap between the Temple and your home. It is clear to me that you are a fervent worshipper of our God Ulvecra and I wish to see all worshippers reconciled with our God. Perhaps it is a bit persumptous of me and I have not talked to the Mallus of this decision but it needs to be. After much prayer and meditation on the matter I have found a way to do so without involving the Mallus in this as I wish to be your personal chapline within the house of Quellarin Chath.

Of course there are a few.. lines that I do need put into place as I am the day to day opperator of the temple. I swear allegience only to the Lord Ruler StormBringer as well as to our God Ulvecra before any other, my alleigences from there go to the Temple itself then the House. You may wonder why I would put into writing such a thing as this but it is only for the understanding and the protection of the Temple itself as it is the in my oppinion dwelling of the God but that can be discussed on a night over wine or hot chocolate if we are ever lucky to see such a thing again.

I would like to meet with you at your convinience and discuss this matter further if you should be kind enough to permit me to do so.

Humbly Yours
Servent of Ulvecra, Joiner of the Temple
Isla McKie

An acolyte was called, the parchment was rolled and sealed with a wax seal then placed into another container. "Take this to the house of Lady Daae, Quellarin Chath." She told them and returned to her seat. The man's mouth dropped open and he stood there a moment, only saying, "but.. but.." Isla stared a second, "Is there a problem with doing what I have asked?" She tilted her head, waiting the man bowed instead and turned to go, "OH.." Isla called, "If that seal is broken before the Lady reads it I will know.. if it is tampered with.. I will know and I will not be happy. You are to give it only to Lady Daae and no one else is that understood?"

"Yes Ma'am," was the only reply he could give. The Acolyted donned his tunic, simple with the emblazened seal of the temple on it, the cloak next and soon he was off on a path that everyone knew and no one ventured down.

Isla returned to her seat, she had many other things she needed to do though now feeling a bit more settled in this decision. She didn't know what had seperated the Lady's house and the Temple, nor really did she care. The only worry she had was that the Lady Daae was without guidence and going into a time of war, that could be fatal to more of the soul then the body.
Isla
Expert
Expert

Re: The Letter: For CD and House Quellarin Chath

Postby Almondus on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:27 pm

The acolyte arrived in the evening looking worn down from his travels. One of the castles many guards recived the man. Recognising him from the temple he was shown every curtasy. Food and drink brought to him, and one of the castles many furnished rooms left to his disposal untill Ladey Daae could see to him.

The guards were a close knit bunch and news of the man's arrival soon found it's way to Alren's ears. The scruffy faced mage quickly made his way over to the acolyte's quarters to introduce himself. "Hello good sir, I understand that you have a message for the Lady. As you can expect, the current preperations for was has her busey attending to several matters at the moment. But make no mistake she knows of your presance and will speak with you as soon as she is able. In the mean time please make use of our hospitality, and if there is anything that you require let one of the guards know," he'd say pleasntly.

Though the mage wore a kind smile, it was clear that he too had been rather busey of late. An ongoing inspection of the House's troops taking up much of his time. Turning to leave, a hand reached up to idly rub at the back of his neck as his footstepps faded down the hall. "Now where the hell did Viceregine and Kayla run off too...." he muttered to himself.
Almondus
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Isla on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:45 am

The acolyte would look about, still in a mild state of shock as he realized that not only was he being allowed entrance but he was being treated well. He shook the cloak off a little, removing it as he found it looked messy from the ride in. He folded it over his arm before walking around the room, curious what the Joiner had written to the Lady, knowing that the temple had not had contact with her in some time.

He straightened his tunic and decided to stand and wait instead of sitting, holding the tube that the letter had been placed in to keep it safe he found himself worrying the strap a bit, forcing himself to relax, surly he wouldn't be killed.
Isla
Expert
Expert

Postby Christine-Daae on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:57 am

As she was informed of the acolyte arriving she would bid he be brought to her office. The room was large with a large desk to one side and a fire burning brightly within the hearth on the other. At the moment the torian was seated behind the desk with a bunch of paperwork laid out before her, that would be ignored though as she would lift her gaze to the door to await his arrival.
Christine-Daae
Expert
Expert

Postby Isla on Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:03 am

The acolyte had been called, smoothing out his tunic he followed the woman that was leading him toward what he had assumed to be was where the Lady was. He held the tube tightly in hand, playing with it a moment before the door was opened and he was ushered in. He blushed, giving a bow to the Lady before him, "Lady Daae" he said, holding the tube out with his head bowed still.

"The Joiner McKie.. wished me to bring this to you.." he said simply, quietly as he tried not to gawk at what was around him.
Isla
Expert
Expert

Return to Temple Roleplays