Nylan's return to the Church

Roleplay at any of the four temples. IC posts only in this forum

Nylan's return to the Church

Postby Nylan on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:56 am

Nylan stepped into the temple, his eyes lingering upon the spot where Ishtar's statue would stand, had the gods not taken their likeness away to warn the people. He would move to the altar, his hand brushing the surface of the fine marble softly, thoughts drifting to times past and all the hours spent upon that altar. A soft sigh is given as he removes his helm, tucking it beneath his arm as he moves away from the altar and through the doorway into the back rooms, following the hall back until he reaches the office of the high priestess, knocking softly upon the door, then steps through it as he is bid to enter.

He smiles once inside, his eyes landing upon the High Priestess and Daughter of Ishtar, Keaira, a woman he had grown to love more than life itself in their long history together, the only woman who could possibly tear him away from his goddess if she tried, so blessed being just as devoted..no, more...to Ishtar. He crossed the room to her after closing the door behind him, leaning down to kiss her softly, hand going to her back to brush fingers softly over the firery jewel embedded in her body. "Love, I can see you are busy, so I won't take much of your time. But with my recent return to the lands, and the gods threatening to withdraw from us once more, I feel the time has come for me to return to the direct service of the temple."

He would stand beside her chair, leaning one hand on her desk, his other hand lightly lingering on her shoulder.
Nylan
Initiate
Initiate

Re: Nylan's return to the Church

Postby Keaira on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:52 am

Keaira smiled as Nylan walked into her office. They’d already spent some time getting reacquainted. She had thought time would dampen her feelings towards him, but now that he was back, she found they burned just as hot as they had before. In her mind it was a dangerous place to be. She was completely dedicated to Ishtar, and even letting herself love another person had been extremely difficult. Nylan’s return had been a balm to her soul with the disappearance of the gods.

The priestess was still a mess, although she was recovering quicker than she had the last time the gods had disappeared. Determination to see Ishtar and the other gods restored bubbled deep in her soul. Still her eyes were missing some of their usual sparkle, and her shoulders seemed a bit more slumped than usual.

Her smile was soft as she lifted her lips to his. She shuddered as his fingers brushed the ruby in her back, making her all too aware of its silence, and the emptiness that consumed her soul. She pulled back, green eyes studying him silently as he spoke. Despite knowing there would be no answer, she still lifted a silent prayer to Ishtar. After he was done, she turned her head to kiss his fingers gently, green eyes rising to his once more.

“Nylan, you are, and have always been, Ishtar’s Champion.” She pushed away the letter she had been reading, standing gracefully, turning to look up at that familiar face. “You know your heart, and Ishtar’s will in your life. If it is time to return to the temple, then you are welcome back with open arms.” She leaned up, giving him a gentle kiss. “And I am never to busy to take time for a follower of Ishtar. You of all people should know that.”
Keaira

Postby Nylan on Mon May 09, 2011 1:08 am

Nylan nodded, leaning down to return her kiss softly, then sitting down on the corner of Keaira's desk. "Good, the work is important and it must be done, now more so than ever. Even if the goddess chooses to remove herself from us, I'll not cease to do her will." He smiles then, reaching out to brush her cheek with fingertips, "And I know she is not gone, not truly, because I still feel a thrill when I touch you, when I kiss you. She is still with us in the most important of ways, and I must see to it that the people do not forget that." He smiles at her, adding, "Though, how anyone could forget it with you around, I'll never know."

He rises to his feet, then, "I'd like to get started as soon as possible, when can I be reinstated into the service of the church? The more time that passes, the further away from Ishtar the people will drift, and the harder the work will become. In my time back in the lands I don't think I have seen anyone professing the ways of Ishtar to the people, and I intend to make that right."
Nylan
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Keaira on Thu May 12, 2011 8:00 am

Keaira leaned into that gentle touch on her cheek. Nylan did have a way of making her heart jump in a way no one else could manage. Sometimes she had to wonder if it was more curse or blessing. She took a deep breath as he leapt off of her desk, bringing her back to reality. At his question, she reached out, grabbing the log book that she had before her. She pulled out a glass pen, dipping it in ink. In a careful, beautiful hand, she wrote in it, reinstating him back to his position of Champion of Ishtar. She set the book to the side to dry, carefully stoppering the ink and setting it aside as well.

“There, you are reinstated, love.” She smiled up at him, leaning back in her chair as she studied him. She had missed him, and she was glad that she didn’t have to shoulder the burden alone anymore.

“We must spread the name and glories of Ishtar. Especially outside of the walls of the temple. If the people won’t come to us, its time we started going to them.”
Keaira

Postby Nylan on Fri May 13, 2011 5:16 am

The paladin nodded at that, his demeanor becoming serious as he spoke, "I've had some thoughts about that. With the departure of the gods it is more important than ever that we carry on in our work, so that they may see us worthy. Who knows what will happen to this world if the gods decide to leave us forever." He begins to pace before her desk, arms half-folded, one hand tugging at his chin as he walks.

"I think I will go to the candy store in town, and arrange for a few dozen boxes of chocolates to be prepared for us, each containing a dose of Love Potion Nine from the apothecary. I'll then distribute them to a number of the stores around town. The General Store, the Bird, the Might Makes Right, and the inn too, and speak with the managers, encouraging them all to have their employees offer chocolates to their customers, courtesy of the Temple of Ishtar."

"I've also noticed a lack of captives chained to the stocks and pillars in the Temple since I've returned. I think I'll keep my eye out for some good choices and...arrange for them to end up filling those vacancies. Perhaps I'll have some of the Tanini draw up some fliers to distribute around advertising that we have a few waiting vessels awaiting their personal attention at the Temple." He purses his lips at that, thinking, trying to remember if he had any other ideas to suggest to help raise awareness and attendance at the Temple.
Nylan
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Temple Roleplays