The Dark Lord Will Claim Your Employment (and maybe soul)

Advertising jobs at shops and other locations, characters wanting work, freelance opportunities.

The Dark Lord Will Claim Your Employment (and maybe soul)

Postby ShaKa on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:37 am

*Minions began to appear throughout the Empire, soulless creatures dressed all in white. Their eyes without pupils, their movements surprisingly languid, even elegant as they posted parchments upon walls, doors, windows. Indiscriminate as to where they were placed. The citizens began to whisper about these beings, rumors began spread as some thought that several of these mysterious messengers looked familiar... missing brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers... but, that couldn't be. Could it?

Once the task of placing these written missives was completed, those disturbing representatives left as silently as they appeared. It was then, that people began to read what was left behind...*

ANNOUNCEMENT

The Dark Lord ShaKa's holdings, Qu'ellar d'Aphyon, has the following open positions. Also listed are the accepted skilled ranks for each. Please note that skills required for a HEAD/LEAD position are marked with an asterisk (*) and must have the minimum skill level of Journeyman.

House Seneschal (The Black Rose - L'Renor Cryso)
-- Filled by Azara

Healer

· First Aid/Triage *

· Tending/Etiquette *

Maids/Butlers

· Tending/Etiquette *

Cook

· Cooking *

· Butchering

· Baking/Candy Making

Hunter

· Hunting/Trapping *

· Butchering

Guard

· Soldiering *

· Scouting

· Cartography

· Horsemanship

Battlemaster/War Seneschal (The Blood Rose - L'Vlos Cryso)

· Soldiering *

· Horsemanship

· Scouting

· Cartography

Stable Hand

· Horsemanship *

· Winged Riding

Clothier

· Tailor *

· Leatherworking

Artisan

· Artist *

· Ceramics & Pottery

· Glassblower

· Jeweler

· Sculptor

Distiller

· Brewing/Winemaking *

Blacksmith/Armorer

· Metal Smithing*

Gardener

Maester/Sage
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally."

"Taste. Come to me and taste the future."
ShaKa
Senior Op
Senior Op

Re: The Dark Lord Will Claim Your Employment (and maybe soul

Postby Azara on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:53 am

**Please note that, with the exception of Seneschal and Battlemaster, there may be more than one position open for each category**

House Tag: -QdA

House Seneschal (The Black Rose - L'Renor Cryso) : AZARA

Battlemaster/War Seneschal (The Blood Rose - L'Vlos Cryso): REBECCA of VALARIS

Healers:
Veldera

Maids/Butlers
alexis{StWi}
Nowlyn{A-M}

Cooks: TBD

Hunters
Haze`Honorday

Guards : TBD

Stable Hands: TBD

Clothiers: TBD

Artisans
Icki the Gobbocat

Distiller
Lladre

Blacksmith/Armorer: TBD

Horticulturist
Primula

Maesters/Sages
Nirnaeth Aduial
~Watching.. always watching.~

Azara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Kooky on Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:44 am

Written in a hired hand's calligraphy, a message on rich parchment is delivered in reply...

"My Lord,

My name is Icki, but please, do not let my name be your first impression of me. I am studying to be an inventor, but with such a profession comes passion, and with passion, art. I am versed in many forms of creation, from traditional drawing and painting, to sculpting and glassblowing, and even some woodwork. I'm also in the process of opening my own shop for Contraptions, Toys and Games. I am a very driven man. If my words peak your interest, I would be honored to create something for you in hopes of proving myself worthy of a position at your House, representing you and yours with my work. Thank you for taking the time to read my message.

--Icki"

Icki's Skills
Artisan: Journeyman
Sculptor: Novice
Glassblower: Apprentice

Other skills
Carpentry: Novice (For woodworking)
Engineering
Mathematics
Animal Handling
Dev Team Member | Manager of the Bazaar (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the Arena (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the General Store (Spotzen Strype) | Manager of Chocolates 2 Cherish (Calvan) | Assistant Manager of the Siren's Call (Sammy)

Most known characters - Lumio, Misk, Rumplelynx, Moxie Fink, and Icki
Kooky
Predominate
Predominate

Postby ShaKa on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:02 am

A young woman wanders the town, looking aimless and listless. Dressed in white she peers around corners,
clutching a rolled up piece of parchment. Her eyes are empty, pupiless and reflecting a soulless form. Upon finding Icki, she drops the parchment at his feet before turning and meandering off.

The inn. Now.
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally."

"Taste. Come to me and taste the future."
ShaKa
Senior Op
Senior Op

Postby alexis on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:37 am

The nymph had come upon one of the minions as it has posted a note to the inn of the openings.
Not knowing how long she had before the thing either left or just vanished into nothingness she approached it cautiously and spoke to it. Knowing its Master would hear her. Some way. Somehow.
"Tell HIM Lexi will be here tomorrow evening to apply for a position."
She didnt expect a response from the thing. Knowing she wouldnt get it. But true to her word she had
appeared the very next night to speak to him about a position in His House as a maid.

alexis{StWi} Skills:
Tending
Cleaning
Cooking
Baking
alexis
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Sikyat`Pallaton on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:43 am

Haze arrived in town, frustrated by the lack of progress in his job hunt. He had searched through out the town and the various areas around it but had little luck. He grunted again in frustration for as he made his way from shop and was just about to head back to the inn when he caught sight of a minion posting a sign. He changed direction and headed towards the direction as the minion disappeared. He slowed and approached as he reached over and gripped the bottom of the paper reading it. He hmms a moment before he sends back a note toward the owner letting them know of his interest a position either in a guard or a hunting or trapping for the house hold. When finished, he turned and headed back to the inn deciding to check on his pet.

Hunting: Apprentice
Scouting: Apprentice
Soldiering: Notice
Sikyat`Pallaton
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Lladre on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:29 pm

The increasingly flustered Pixie spent days... perhaps even weeks... flitting after the white-clad minions of House Qu'ellar d'Aphyon, often with creative - if almost, though not intentionally, rude - comments on her lips as one after another managed to dodge her pursuit.

At first, she was simply curious as to who these creatures were. Then, after overhearing the denizens of the town murmuring over the employment notices, with an entrepreneur's interest. Pixie Brew & Bubbles was doing well, but things were getting a bit tricky now that the weather was turning. Nosy deer had tipped a kettle of spirits the other night and damnably cute, but evilly cheeky chipmunks had twice raided her berry stash... delaying her start on Tumble Green. To say nothing of the diabolical sneakiness of squirrels! Even if this Dark Lord could only manage to ward off the worst of the squirrels, it would be worth joining forces with his household.

In a finale of effort, Lladre started peeling the minions' proclamations off the windows, doors, and walls around town and began pinning them along the eaves of Kiosk F, even going so far as to create a curtain of parchment pages from roof to ground on one side of the little wooden structure. Several corked samples of Golden Shine and Berry Bite, plus various Bubble and Scrubble Cubes, were left out on the counter each night in an effort to lure the minions out of hiding so she might convince them to put in a good word for her.

Skills:
Brewing / Wine-making
Perfumer
Soap Maker
Florist

(http://belariath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=21641)
Lladre
Novice
Novice

Postby Garthel on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:41 am

Veldera had seen the notes around town as she had been exploring. The half breed was intrigued and had started to discreetly ask around about how to meet someone for the job.

Healer.
First Aid/ Triage Apprentice
Tending/Etiquette Novice
Garthel
Novice
Novice

Postby Isso on Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:40 pm

Isso had noticed all the messages placed around town requesting persons apply for any of the posts listed. A quick look down the list and the position of Guard was of interest to him...he was experienced in scouting although he was a little less so in the other skills. He was however willing to learn and he was already looking into the Cartography side of things....he was just waiting on the Mentor he'd applied with to confirm their availability to teach him the skill.
He had seen interviews ongoing in the Inn and decided that next time he would be one of those being interviewed, he took out some parchment and wrote a quick note putting himself forward and pinned it underneath the advert...hopefully someone would find it and pass his name on to the relevant persons.

Skills:
Reading/Writing Language Common
Wilderness Survival
Navigation: Wilderness
Direction Sense
Scouting: Expert
Isso
Novice
Novice

Postby Nessenar on Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:27 pm

Nessenar took a flyer. In her halting Human she read it aloud, and then smiled. She had seen the one who put this up, she took off in their direction.

"Nessenar of the Kay Clan born of the wind, sired and raised by Wolven. There is none to match me for terrain at speed, scouting would be easy. Hunting was my life, as well. I would join the Dark Lord, if he will have me."

Skills:
Nothing more than what starting skills a Ranger gets
Nessenar
Novice
Novice

Return to Work and Workers