Kiera Mercer seeks a mentor

Private tutoring in skills or any other IC subject available or wanted.

Moderators: Keaira, Tarin

Kiera Mercer seeks a mentor

Postby Kiera Mercer on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:59 am

I am seeking a mentor for my character Kiera Mercer. She is a High Human with a hunger for knowledge, so she is willing to learn most anything though there are a few particular things she is keen on learning. such as..

1.) Sword fighting
2.) Magic
3.) Anything that has to do with fighting/combat

She is an archer, and has been on her own for eight years (18 now) so she does have experience in fighting, but wishes to learn more. Due to abuse from her past she bonds better with females so her new mentor will need to be a woman..No, gender swap doesn't count. Sorry boys.

Kiera is a calm individual that appreciates the simple things in life. She is solemn, but also kind and loving. She gives those that teach her her respect, but someone that can rule her with a firm but gentle hand will be needed. Someone that can and will push her pass her limits, and give her guidance. Hopefully someone that can love her too..But that isn't a requirement.

She is also suppose to start work for Sutara's house (Mercurial Foxes) so if you have a character that also works there and would be willing to train her that would work out well too, but if not that is fine.

If you are interested, please PM me on here or leave a reply below. Or you can PM me on mIRC. I am not in #thelounge or the #lonely_inn_ooc unless I am looking for someone, but when I am on you can find me in my private channel #Skyrim. My alts include: Meryn, Talia{Vlr}, Terra, and Emmy`Thatcher.
Kiera Mercer
Novice
Novice

Re: Kiera Mercer seeks a mentor

Postby Vladimir on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:36 pm

Helliss the Mad Paladin would likely be interested, if you bumped heads with her IC!

A descrip., because why not:

Helliss is a human woman coming into her mid-twenties. In her late teens she arrived in Nanthalion with no memory of her former life, her only companions an eerie grinning shield and a worn old horse named Horse. She swiftly earned the attention of Sutara in a series of races, tournaments and altercations, and was quick to devote herself to the woman's service as a knight. In time she was taken into the Imperial Guard, which she served dutifully and with suicidal abandon for several years, rapidly advancing to the rank of Lieutenant for her crazed fearlessness in battle, while becoming aware of a strange but potent connection within her to some greater force in the skies. A prolonged peace-time laden with mounting bureaucracy and sudden floods of past memories began to break down her commitment to the Guard however, from which she was eventually discharged, her position uncertain should she attempt to return. Somewhat listless, her 'focus' is now on exploring her past and her strange and personal Religious connection to the Minor Moon.

Helliss is an oddity. Affectionate, physical, easily inflamed and easily bored. She relishes challenge in most all its forms, and though she has not yet died, she dances with death as often as she might. She is a Zealot, but to a faith that may well exist only within her own skull, and which seems very unconcerned with dogma or propriety... only with asserting its own power over others, and seeing the unpredictable occur. She's not overly quick to anger, but anger is by no means required to earn a violent response; her rather notorious for murdering men who make the wrong move or say the wrong thing. She isn't without her insecurities however; her lack of education in non-martial pursuits leaving her awkward and self-conscious in intelligent conversation, her desire to connect with others often thwarted by her own strangeness or blunt honesty, her wish to know love burdened with the belief she may well be unlovable.

I also play Kain and ZabugDabug, feel free to PM in-channel if you wanna play!
Full fathom five thy father lies; of his bones are coral made; Those are pearls that were his eyes: Nothing of him that doth fade, but doth suffer a sea- change into something rich and strange. Sea-Nymphs hourly ring his knell: Ding-dong, Hark! Now I hear them, - Ding-dong, Bell.
Vladimir
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Kiera Mercer on Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:17 am

That is one hell of a reply! I am very interested in your character, it sounds like Kiera and Vladimir have several things in common but I will admit someone else got to me first. We're suppose to see how things go IC next week..I think, or is it this week..Hrmph. It's one of the two. But regardless if it works out or not, I would love for our character's to meet and see which 'mentor' Kiera cliques with the most.

What stood out to me the most about Vladimir is the fact that she thinks she's unlovable. Since things went down with Kiera's previous mentor, who took her in and treated her like family she is convinced that she is unlovable either, and is honestly wondering if there's a reason for her to live. Maybe if they bond their minds would be changed.

Also, you mentioned that Vladimir isn't the most educated. This also interested me because maybe Kiera could educate her. Actually, Kiera was suppose to teach another one of her friends how to count and write in common, but the person wasn't here for such lesson's as you can imagine so they moved on with more interesting scenes. So depending on how much education your character has, Vladimir wouldn't be the only one teaching if she was willing to learn.

On a last note, I do have one question that I ask every potential mentor. What would your character be like as a mentor?
Kiera Mercer
Novice
Novice

Postby Vladimir on Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:56 am

If Helliss were teaching Kiera to mountain-climb, she'd take her to the bottom of a steep cliff, chalk her hands, tie Kiera off to her own waist, and urge her to keep up. So it would be in most all things- a dangerous dive into the deep end teaching through trial, error and example, while being present to share in any stumbles. Expect minimal theory, maximum practical lessons!

Side note: Vladimir is just another character of mine, who I don't think Kiera would care to meet. XD
Full fathom five thy father lies; of his bones are coral made; Those are pearls that were his eyes: Nothing of him that doth fade, but doth suffer a sea- change into something rich and strange. Sea-Nymphs hourly ring his knell: Ding-dong, Hark! Now I hear them, - Ding-dong, Bell.
Vladimir
Predominate
Predominate

Return to Mentors