Retired Posts

News and IC events relating to the BA shop and it's activities.

Moderators: Azara, Angst

Body Arts Price List

Postby Avarwraith on Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:43 pm

-Body Paints/ Henna-

Arm Painting/Henna : 15 mhl
Face Painting/Henna : 10 mhl
Leg Painting/Henna : 15 mhl
Torso Painting/Henna : 20 mhl

A Body Paints Kit ( Four colors and two brushes) Is available for 25 mhl.

All Body Paint/ Henna work is guaranteed for one week from the time it is applied. It can, however, be scrubbed off of skin with a little soap and water if the customer wishes.

-Piercing-

Piercing is priced based on the labor + metal + gem modifiers.

Lip Piercing : 8 mhl
Earlobe Piercing : 8 mhl : 10 mhl for a pair
Nose Piercing : 8 mhl
Tongue Piercing : 10 mhl
Navel Piercing : 10 mhl
Nipple Piercing : 12 mhl : 20 mhl for a pair
Labia Piercing : 20 mhl
Clitoris Piercing : 20 mhl
Clitoral Hood Piercing : 20 mhl
Penis Piercing : 20 mhl

Ear Cartilage Piearcing : 10 mhl
Facial Cartilage Piercing : 13 mhl
Torso Cartilage Piercing : 17 mhl
Lower Body Cartilage Piercing : 20 mhl

Facial Flesh Piercing : 8 mhl
Torso Flesh Piercing : 12 mhl
Lower Body Flesh Piercing : 15 mhl

-Metal Modifiers -

Wood/Bone: 3 mhl
Copper: 5 mhl
Silver: 10 mhl
Steel: 12 mhl
Bronze- 15mhl
Crystal/Ivory: 20 mhl
Gold: 25 mhl
Platinum: 50 mhl
Mithril:100 mhl

-Gem Modifiers -

Minor: 5 mhl
Major: 25 mhl
Exquisite: 50 mhl

-Dermal Anchors-

An anchor with a narrow head and flared bottom is inserted through a hole in the skin into the subcutaneous layer. This is considered a deep tissue piercing, and will be charged accordingly. The head of the piercing screws into the anchor and is interchangeable.

Facial Flesh Piercing : 8 mhl
Torso Flesh Piercing : 12 mhl
Lower Body Flesh Piercing : 15 mhl

-Tattoos-

Small Tattoo (2x2 inches) : 25 mhl
Medium Tattoo (4x4 inches) : 50 mhl
Large Tattoo (6x6 inches): 75 mhl

Quarter Mural/Sleeve Tattoo : 125 mhl
Half Mural/Sleeve Tattoo : 175 mhl
Three-Quarter Mural/Sleeve Tattoo : 225 mhl
Full Mural/Sleeve Tattoo : 300 mhl

Mithril Ink Modifier : 25 mhl
The Necromancer's Kiss*: 100 mhl

* For information on the poison, cost, and any questions about the Duessa race and tattoos see below.

Note- Tattoos can now be enchanted after they have been done in shop, people can still buy the ink and have it enchanted as a gift, but that will add an extra step of having the enchantment moved from the ink to the finished tattoo after it is done.

-Brands/Scarification-

Small brand (2x2 inch): 25 mhl
Medium Brand (4x4 inch): 50 mhl
Large Brand (6x6 inch): 75 mhl

Quarter Mural/Sleeve Branding : 125 mhl
Half Mural/Sleeve Branding : 175 mhl
Full Mural/Sleeve Branding : 300 mhl

Small Scarification : 25 mhl
Medium Scarification : 50 mhl
Large Scarification : 75 mhl

Quarter Mural/Sleeve Scarification : 125 mhl
Half Mural/Sleeve Scarification : 175 mhl
Three-Quarter Mural/Sleeve Scarification : 225 mhl
Full Mural/Sleeve Scarification : 300 mhl

-Removal-
Any tattoo and sub-dermal implants can be removed by trained body artists. Costs are equivalent to having the tattoo put in to begin with, with no increase for mithril ink, and leave a moderately severe burn in place. For removal of scarification and branding, please see a healer, as it will require the removal/regeneration of tissue. Stitching maybe removed at no cost for new work to replace the previous otherwise the thread will be cut and removed for a nominal charge of 25 mhl.
Avarwraith
Predominate
Predominate

The Necromancer's Kiss

Postby Avarwraith on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:10 pm

-Tattooing Information for Duessa-

Cost: The duessa will need to pay for Mithril ink + Cost of Tattoo labor + The Necromancer's Kiss poison. For example, for a small tattoo the cost would be 25 mhl for the ink + 25 mhl for the labor + 100 mhl for the poison = 150 mhl total.

The Necromancer's Kiss

A tincture made from a carefully balanced mixture of Hemlock, Arsenic, and the venom of one of a special breed of Kirvian spider that flourishes in the nethergloom, brought to the surface by the Goddess' devoted. It attacks the nervous and immune systems halting the healing process. Though in the case of Duessas, it will merely 'slow' it to 'normal' (20% rather than 40% per day) for one week. Thus allowing their body to accept the new art placed within skin, rather than rejecting it within 24 hours.

Mechanics: OOC and IC consent only. Specially designed for the Duessas special needs, the poison needs to be ingested by the Shade, and then the tincture will slow the healing of the body for 1 week. During that time the Duessa will heal at 20% health per day, though they will still be unable to be healed in a normal fashion making it imperative that they are aware of the consequences.

Price: 100 mehrials (on top of the price for the ink and tattoo)
Note: Only available to those of the Duessa race in conjunction with Body work, must be handled only by trained BA workers, IE: Fully trained Masters of Body Art.

Q&A:

Can the tattoo be done in regular ink?

No. Only Mithril ink is strong enough to bond with the flesh and not simply be forced out when the week's healing period is up.

How is it given?

The poison is delivered to the Parlor from the SE in small ornate bottles sealed with wax. The Duessa must drink the poison prior to work being done.

Can this be sold to a Duessa without Body work?

No. Absolutely not. The Poison will be handled by the worker, and will be ingested by the Duessa in question just before ink is put to flesh.

If the tattoo is damaged before the 1 week healing period is up, will it heal perfectly, or does it need to be redone? Say if it is torn with a whip, or any other incidental damage that a Whisper is likely to take?

The entire process will need to be redone. Including paying another 100 mehrials for a second vial of poison. Note that before this can be reworked, the first healing week must have passed, so that everything starts fresh.

What about Body Scarification, or natural scarring that a Duessa might get during that week, do they retain that as well?

No. Only Mithril ink is strong enough to bond with the flesh. At the end of that one week period, all other marks will fade from their flesh as they normally would due to a Whisper's advanced healing.
Avarwraith
Predominate
Predominate

Rate My Work........

Postby Kaytoo on Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:03 pm

Over my nine years here I've tattood, branded, carved and pierced very likely over a hundred characters here if not many more.....and no I don't mean with black eyes, torches, swords and knives ;). However, once the play is over for all of us we simply move on, and really there has never been any feedback as to the quality of the work (or more so play and creativity involved) generating a IC physical result, yet more so step in a characters life.

That said....rate my work please! Be it old work done years ago or recently to those in the future, I'd like some feedback to try and improve so critisism is welcome! Please vote in the poll as often as you'd like for each piece of work/scene....Yet most of all let me know what you liked, yet more so what you didn't in comments.

Thanks,

K2
"Call me savage, and you're only telling me how much you have forgotten of the natural world, and the nature of minds."
Kaytoo
Adept
Adept

Re: Rate My Work........

Postby Neko Nightstalker on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:48 pm

bitch done horribly.... naw. it was a great time ic with k2. trying to figure out her hammer talk and everything. even has the cleanest method of tattooing i have seen. 10'ed
Neko Nightstalker
Adept
Adept

Postby Zeph on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:15 pm

I had a great time in the rp. As Neko said the language of the Hammer was a bit tricky to figure out. But after the hours that we rped i was able to get a better handle on most of it. Not saying in the least that i knew everything that was being said to Zeph, but that was great in iteself. I also liked that you took the picture that i had shown you and improved upon it with what you were thinking to make it better, and stand out more than just the tribal tattoo that i had shown. Though icily Zeph might think that Kaytoo is an odd duck, especially after poking those thorns in his rear, not once but twice. :D
Baron Zeph Kincade Viceroy of Valencia
Zeph
Adept
Adept

Postby kitten on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:28 pm

Stardate 9 20 2010
The tattoo began.
Kaytoo slams door on IG face.

Stardate 9 28 2010
Tattoo ends.
Kaytoo slams door behind Zeph.

If the dates don't mean anything.. think of this.. we spent a great week of RP with Kaytoo to finish one tattoo.
I think Zeph should call it Near Death by Snoo Snoo.
Though I think one of the two Zeph or Kaytoo or both.. left with souvenirs of the experience other than sweat and ink.
kitten
Adept
Adept

Postby miyuka on Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:03 pm

The work done was great. It was so crude and barbaric, like I'd expect out of someone who acts like Kaytoo. I don't think Yoshina will be ever wanting to get more piercings, but she is definetly happy with what she has. You made what some would make into a simple scene into something that was really fun and allowed me to explore certain aspects of my char that she doesn't normally have to even think about. So, yeah, you do great work.
miyuka

Postby Phaing on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:36 am

Stinging the shit out of people for a living... are you sure she's not part Moriel?
Heh heh, I'm just glad it wasn't me getting any tats, and it never will be!

Glad I got to play with you. :mrgreen:
Phaing
Adept
Adept

Postby Keegan on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:52 am

It was great I enjoyed it very much. plan to get some more done by Kaytoo now.
Keegan
Adept
Adept

Postby Adonai on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:38 am

never done tats but i have enjoyed the rps we had far in the past lol.
Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides, and life and death alike follow in its wake.
Adonai
Expert
Expert

Postby KajaRamal on Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:04 am

I finally got Vera pierced and I LOVED the experience as a player. It was rich and not the normal piercing style. It was so filled with life. With story and something to go off of. So easy to play with and looking forward to more play in the future. Sure as hell feel bad for the poor vulpine though. Getting her nipples pierced should be simple, and yet, it had her second guessing the second after the first one haha. Although... Her loyalty lies with Kaytoo. That is her piercer, and despite the pain, she did a fantastic job. Vera will be returning to her for any future work... If she can work up the guts that is ;)
~Vera (V), Kaja Ramal (Kaj), Aelayandra (Aela), Maelawen Ar-Feiniel (Mae or Maela), Mirelle (Mir), Malkia Omen (Malk, or Mal, or Kia), Meena (Mee)~
KajaRamal
Novice
Novice

Postby Valindra on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:57 pm

xandria blackrose just got her tattoo done
with was crude,intense,rough and a hell of a ride

enjoyed it very much kay2
Valindra
Novice
Novice

Postby Isla on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:45 pm

Although she's still having hers done (its a hell of an undertaking after all) I'm so very glad that you're doing Valla's tattoo.. its been an awesome experience.
Isla
Expert
Expert

Postby Kaytoo on Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:40 am

You all are very generous....However, my big fat head, oh wait that's my ass is not what will help make me better....Besides the language deal, what might make the experience more realistic, or what details were missing, anything.....I've got a thick skin so don't worry about insulting me, yet I've also got a thick skull, so could use the help.

Thanks all!

K2
"Call me savage, and you're only telling me how much you have forgotten of the natural world, and the nature of minds."
Kaytoo
Adept
Adept

Postby Aeria Nighthawk on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:06 am

I was truly impressed with the amount of thought you put into Kaytoo's body arts work. And despite your desire for criticism I have very little to add. You had a link to a page that described the tools you used, the stains and even outlined the entire process. The rp itself was quite enjoyable to boot. The language barrier was easily worked through and gave Kaytoo a certain uniqueness to her character. Only reason I gave a 9 out of 10 was that Kaytoo might be a little too intense for some weaker characters. It is the only 'fault' I really can think to mention, and I put fault in quotes because I don't think Kaytoo would be a Hammer Barbarian if some little pixie would go to her for tattoos. :lol: It was also a very long and involved rp, but that to me was a plus. I would recommend you to anyone wanting a tattoo who didn't mine some pain inflicted upon their character in pursuit of art.

Thanks!
Aeria Nighthawk
Predominate
Predominate

Next

Return to Body Arts