Retired Posts

News and IC events relating to the BA shop and it's activities.

Moderators: Azara, Angst

Re: Rate My Work........

Postby Vhidanon on Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Cons - it really always is long rp and when we get spoiled by people who don't take the time you do, it can take time to adjust to 'real' rp. the length is warranted but it is a hard adjustment for someone new to rping with you. i personally do not like the language thing. i know you worked hard on it and you definitely deserve credit for putting so much effort into it. but i'd love bracketed translations like we who rp moriel often give for those who are eavesdropping in a room. i watch other ppl rp and make assumptions as to what kaytoo might be saying. three out of four of my chars are slaves. they try not to assume things cuz that tends to get someone beaten. it's better to be clear what someone wants. the last thing i struggled with was the positioning. we got excited so things went an interesting way at least for a few moments. but i ended up just not acknowledging a certain posture with the chair because i didn't know what it was. and i always hate intruding on the 'mood' to ask questions in ooc. i make do by just sliding over bits that i don't get and hoping the person explains things later. i think that certain parts of the rp were more important than the position my char was put into, but it was something i couldn't comprehend so i just waited for subsequent posts to resolve that for me. while it's great to have passion for certain things, it's also important to describe all parts of the scene in equal detail. our partners are often not passionate about the same things we are, and it's a terrible thing to be confused and not feel compelled to ask ooc.

PROS - damn you know your shit! i friggin LOVE how you know this stuff. and that tops anything i've seen so far. some ppl will find a pic of what their char looks like. some ppl will have a pic of an outfit. but you KNOW this stuff in real life. and i appreciate that soooo much because i learn every time we rp. and while lots of ppl just wanna get it on and get going with the rpness, i'm pleased to be able to learn something from you that actually applies to my real life. i love piercings and tattoos, getting them, the whole process. and i am a tribal belly dancer, which means i adore the traditional way of things in many cases. your ability to take a person back to that time when things were not tech based, were not instantaneous, is great. and i really appreciate that. i also appreciate your obvious dedication to roleplaying honestly. you work at the BA because it speaks to you. and that just feels so genuine and rare and hard to find anywhere. i really respect that and feel inspired by that. yes i had cons. yes i find it a struggle to rp with your char. i know the reasons why, and i own those :D but if i were you, i'd just really focus on those pros. because i wish ppl would see what you do, how in depth you've gone with your char's talent and focus, and how willing and generous you are to share this information with the rest of us - and be inspired by it. a tailor should know tailoring. a metal smith should know metallurgy or whatever. you are a body artist, even if you don't do it in real life. i wouldn't know. it's in you and man that comes out in your rp. thank you for doing that, and for helping to keep the rest of us honest.i came for rp and you give it, one hundred percent.
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt.
Vhidanon
Novice
Novice

Looking for Artists!

Postby Avarwraith on Wed May 25, 2011 12:01 pm

There is an event happening on July 9th from noon to midnight EST time.

Midsummer's Sinful Delights Festival

I'd like an artist, or several artists, to volunteer to man a booth. I'd prefer several artists actually so that it need not be all day. If you'd like to do this, go ahead and answer this with your BA artist's name and what hours you could cover. It's okay to duplicate hours, as that gives the artists someone to 'hang out' with if there aren't necessarily any orders.

What skill level would be needed to do this? Novice. All that the booth will offer is body paint, which lasts for 1 week unless intentionally washed off. I may work up some sort of bonuses for people coming in, say visiting the booth gives them 10% off their next BA visit, we'll see.

Ideally earlier slots are better than later, since it starts at noon I'd like to have a BA presence until at least 4-6 pm, after that there's likely to be more sex going on than booth visitation, but we'll see.

Artist:
Time available:
Skill level:

Note: Anyone who volunteers for this will be noted down and given a bonus for showing up. ;)
Avarwraith
Predominate
Predominate

Re: Looking for Artists!

Postby Aeria Nighthawk on Wed May 25, 2011 1:37 pm

Aeria will tentatively be able to make it probably earlier in the afternoon (12-3ish EST) But it depends on my work schedule. We'll see!
Aeria Nighthawk
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tawny on Thu May 26, 2011 3:53 am

Artist:..Meadow
Time available:...7pm to midnight central
Skill level:...Novice as of right now

If I am needed that late let me know. But saturdays i am normally not around till about then.
Tawny

Postby StormWind on Fri May 27, 2011 4:10 am

Arshes

Not sure what hours i can cover, but i am usually on most of the day

master artist
Skills pertaining to Jobs

Owner and Manager of The Works:

Metalsmith X5
MiithrilsmithX5
Leathersmithx5
Wood working x5
Valicitesmith x5
Carpentry x5
Jewler x5
Appraisal
Administration

Stewart of the port of Virelith
Scribe x5
Cartography x5
Mephos Riding x5
Soldiering x5
Navigation x5
Boating
Ediquett
Heraldry x3

Master Body Artist

Body Arts x5
Artist x5
Jewler x5
StWi
StormWind
Predominate
Predominate

New Management

Postby Angst on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:20 pm

Hello Darlings,

As most of you already know the job of Manager has been gifted to Angst. That being said, I would like a consensus. Looking over these threads, I note that most of the dates are from years past and I have half a mind of purging the boards of unused threads. Start from scratch and gift life to the Body Arts with new ideas and a fresh start. Yet, this is a shop comprised of people. The workers and customers make it happen. Without the customers or the workers the shop would cease to exist, therefore I will be diplomatic about most things.

To start things off I want all those who currently hold positions to reply to this thread and let me know, in detail, what you do at the shop... your skills... so on and so forth. Basically tell me your position and how long you've worked for the Body Arts.

In your post, I would also love to hear any thoughts or ideas you may have for the shop. What you would like to see done. Let's breathe life into the shop once more. Soon enough I will come up with ideas of sales and the likes. Events and contests to promote the Body Arts, but I would love... absolutely love... for the input and ideas of those who work for the shop to be gifted.

When I first decided to work at the Body Arts, to even look into obtaining the skills, was because Angst needed a worker to pierce her slave. We searched for over two weeks for one when the two of us were about. Unable to find anyone online I went to Aeria to ask about a piercing job, with the argument that Angst was a Necromancer. She knew the living body and would know where -not- to pierce. She granted me the position and I fell in love with working the shop. Mostly because Angst is sadistic and likes causing pain to others. I digress. I have managed to get her Mastered in Body Arts and I am thrilled to have her as the Manager.

If you have lost your job due to inactivity and wish to start back up, feel free to speak to me about it. I will be posting up for hiring more into the shop family... and hopefully once I see it's running well... we shall see about Angst selecting someone from within to assist her in managing the shop. We all know how ambitious she is and she has a full plate already. So... all this said and done... I look forward to working with everyone. Let's get this ball rolling and make the Body Arts the best it has ever been.

Smooches,
~Angsty
Angst, Anisa|VRK|, Latanya|STB|, Kacela, Inara{Chris}, Taini, Nixxle, Lilly{FRST}, Jilaiya, Jace, Kai, Tirnel, Esme{DVK}, Samina, Samiya{Mal}, Leila, Talen.
Angst
Predominate
Predominate

Re: New Management

Postby Avarwraith on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:41 pm

Avara Raithe

Master Body Artist

Avara has been working the BA on and off since she was level 2, she even did a stint as the manager. She's skilled at all areas of BA work, though her personal favorite has always been scarification even if such is rarely asked for.

Currently have been working freelance, though hoping to get more into it in the coming months.
Avarwraith
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tawny on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:01 am

Meadow
Master in Body Arts
Skilled in all areas for the Body Art Shop.
She has been working in the BA since March 2012. Her favorite thing to do is tattooing since she loves to draw. She has a book where she has drawn many tattoo idea and she puts more in every week.
She is the shops gentle touch.Not one that likes to induce pain so she is best for those whom are bit worried about how much something will hurt. However she can take care of those whom wish pain as well.
I had thought about the idea of makeup tattooing. Maybe something like Lips, eye liner, full eye lid. Just an Idea I had.
Tawny

Postby Angst on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:45 pm

That's a splendid idea. Permanent make-up! Wonderful. <3
Angst, Anisa|VRK|, Latanya|STB|, Kacela, Inara{Chris}, Taini, Nixxle, Lilly{FRST}, Jilaiya, Jace, Kai, Tirnel, Esme{DVK}, Samina, Samiya{Mal}, Leila, Talen.
Angst
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Angst on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:24 pm

Alright, darlings. Next Monday I start getting into the nitty gritty. I'm hiring new people... going to be going through logs and checking out who is working and who is not. Read the posts in depth... and delete anything that is outdated. I'm thinking I'd like to make Angst available on Tuesdays... have an open meeting day where Artists and workers can come and talk to Angst about ideas and events they'd like to see happen around the shop. She likes to think she's fair and likes to hear people's views on such before proceeding.

Thoughts? Good Idea or bad?
Angst
Predominate
Predominate

Sales and Events at the Body Arts

Postby Angst on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:30 am

Saturday, February 23, 2013 : 4 PM Central Time

One day special sales event. Play a game of chance and receive up to 75 percent off your purchase. Games to play and Prizes to be given away.
Angst
Predominate
Predominate

Re: Sales and Events at the Body Arts

Postby Angst on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:35 am

Monday, February 25th to Sunday, March 3rd, 2013:

One week only, all body jewelry 50 percent off, sale coincides with SS, get your new jewelry enchanted!
Angst
Predominate
Predominate

Special One Day Sale Event

Postby Angst on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:03 pm

The Horde would be on the move once more, posting up flier after flier for the elven woman. The notice would be short, but it would be there for all to see. The artwork would be reproduced, the elven woman set for her day. It was no secret Angst had taken the position as Manager of the shop... and it would be this day that all would know. The Necromancer watches as her horde does the work for her, all the while searching for that special Minion she would use. Finding him, she tugs at the strings before guiding the creature back to her lair for preparations of the Event ahead.

The Flier reads:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Games:

Two Truths and a Lie: Come and speak to Angst. She will speak two truths and a Lie. Guess which is the lie and win a Prize!

Ship, Captain, and Crew: Play this game of chance and try to win against your fellow players. Rolling a die, you must get your ship, your Captain, and eight crewmen. Mechanics: Players must roll 1d6 in turns. The Ship and Captain must be rolled before the eight crewman can be rolled for. The numbers for Ship, Captain, and Crew are as follow:
Ship- 4
Captain - 5
Crewmen -6

Dart-a-Minion: This is a game of chance to earn a percentage off your purchase and is only good for this event only. Throw a dart at a minion and aim at a body part and roll a die for a chance to win anywhere between twenty percent off to getting your tattoo or piercing free! Mechanics: Players must roll a 1d6 to obtain the body part that is hit with the dart. After the base percentage has been assessed they will then roll a 1d10 to get the actual percentage. For example: A hit to the chest will only get you a twenty percent base rate, but with a roll of the die you get a five.. thus giving you 25 percent off your purchase. The Table is as follows:
Torso (20%) - 1
Left or Right Knee (30 and 40%) - 2-3
Left or Right Hand (50 and 60%) - 4-5
Head (90%) - 6

Potion Dice: Like the other games, this is a game of chance and is purely for the fun and affects each potion has to offer. Players must roll a die and drink the potion with the correct number. Players can only roll again after the affects of the first potion have worn off. Mechanics: This game is simple and fun. Players roll 1d6 and drink the potion that corresponds with the number on the chart that follows:
A roll of 1 - Waking Dead
A roll of 2 - Cooks Talent
A roll of 3 - Love Potion Number 9
A roll of 4 - Seductress Aura
A roll of 5 - Duessa's Touch
A roll of 6 - Love Potion Number 9
( Visit: http://www.belariath.com/php/shop/ap.php to learn what your potion does.)

OOC:

This is an event I thought up so that everyone will have a chance to meet Angsty as the new Manager and to have a bit of fun with the potions and games. I must say that it is short notice, I thought I had more time but my IRL job decided to change my days off. Such is the way of things. I hope to see you all there!!
Angst
Predominate
Predominate

Re: Special One Day Sale Event

Postby Angst on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:46 pm

As a side note. If any shops would like to set up booths to sell wares and what not with this event, you merely need to get into contact with me. She'd love that, actually. The more the merrier and so on and so forth. Also. Anyone wishing to volunteer for anything or to offer up things as prizes will be appreciated as well. Again. I'm sorry this is such short notice... but Real life decided to intervene.
Angst
Predominate
Predominate

Re: Special One Day Sale Event

Postby Angst on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:55 am

Body Arts Artists. I will need to know who is working and for how long for this one day. So if you'd like to post it on this thread, that will be fine. Or you can merely pop me message with time started and time stopped to receive a bonus.
Angst
Predominate
Predominate

PreviousNext

Return to Body Arts