The Flesh Quill

News and IC events relating to the BA shop and it's activities.

Moderators: Azara, Angst

The Flesh Quill

Postby Joytoy on Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:39 am

Upon coming back, and because it has been so long, I discovered that the 'flesh quill' was a lost artifact amongst the Body Artists of Nanthalion.

Now, not sure how things are done anymore, but I felt the need to rather bring this one about again. The flesh quill, originally what Chymaera was trained with in the Body Arts, by the troll Roquai was an enchanted item.

The Flesh Quill - A long, thin needle not unlike a feather-less quill. Silvery in appearance, but when the chiseled tip is dipped into a pigment and the word of activation is given, it absorbs said pigment. When applied to flesh, the Flesh Quill hums with enchanted power, and without the artisan having to constantly poke, they instead 'draw' upon the flesh.

The Quill itself performs the necessary 'puncturing' to create the permanence of the tattoo. Re-filling inks, mixing inks and changing ink colors/tones is still necessary to complete the tattoo, and understanding the refined technicalities of the Flesh Quill shows a mastery of tool and craft.

Due to system changes and so forth, I am not sure how this would apply any longer. I would personally like to continue to use such an item for Chymaera to continue performing her work.

It is not to say I do not appreciate the natural hand techniques that the Maori/Samoan and other island tribal cultures have used, or Tabori - the Japanese hand-poke technique which I have some real life, minor experience with.

But in a world of magic, I feel it is quite natural and functional to have an enchanted item for such an art form.
Beating, whipping, piercing, breaking, scarring, kissing, biting, licking, fucking, bleeding, aching, waiting, stroking, begging, longing, craving...
Joytoy
Initiate
Initiate

Re: The Flesh Quill

Postby Logolar on Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:46 am

I've seen this used before by people even in recent days.
The player of: Gravik, Falador, and logolar.
Logolar
Expert
Expert

Postby Joytoy on Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:24 pm

Thank you Logolar! I had hoped it hadn't been lost to memory :D
Beating, whipping, piercing, breaking, scarring, kissing, biting, licking, fucking, bleeding, aching, waiting, stroking, begging, longing, craving...
Joytoy
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Angst on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:07 pm

No, darling. It is actively used by most. Angst uses it. Thank you for posting that up here. It shall remain. <3
Angst, Anisa|VRK|, Latanya|STB|, Kacela, Inara{Chris}, Taini, Nixxle, Lilly{FRST}, Jilaiya, Jace, Kai, Tirnel, Esme{DVK}, Samina, Samiya{Mal}, Leila, Talen.
Angst
Predominate
Predominate

Return to Body Arts