Naomh will be sporadic for awhile...

Let people know when you are going to be away, or when you have returned.

Naomh will be sporadic for awhile...

Postby CallieO on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:38 pm

From a conversation earlier today:

[13:32] <Naomh2> Heya, slipping in a moment to ask if you could let people know that I've seemed to have gone and got my laptop blocked from the work's wifi, so I'm going to be on much, much less, especially during the weekdays.
[13:32] <Naomh2> internet at home is acting wonky and is due to expire this weekend so I'm not certain how much I'll be on, iif at all until things get sorted out there as well *sighs*
[13:33] <Callie`Volopa> What people? The ops, the OOC room, the Absences and Returns forum?
[13:33] <Naomh2> All three? ^.^;
[13:33] <Callie`Volopa> Okay.
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné
CallieO
Expert
Expert

Re: Naomh will be sporadic for awhile...

Postby Rebecca of Valaris on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:23 pm

Bugger.

Thankies Callie
Rebecca of Valaris
Adept
Adept

Postby Naomh on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:41 am

Thank you to Callie for posting this for me.

An update as this is the first time I've been able to access the site in a while: I have sorted out things at work, clearly, they thought I was someone across the street bumming off of the public guest wifi and cleared my computer (and gave me access to the secured wifi as well!), but there's still some decently aggressive filters on it that prevents me from accessing the site so working at most stores or checking up things on the MB will be spotty until I sort things out at home.

And on that: The dial-up service has been fully shut down, and the ISP, despite their best efforts bless them, just do not have another option for me. I'm looking into other options but it's going to take a little while until my at-home internet will be back. Hooray for rural areas.

Right now I'm looking at:
Verizon wireless (3G reception at best when I tested a borrowed hotspot, $90/mo for unlimited though it'll be questionable if I'd be eligible for the unlimited plan according to a local retailer)
HughesNet satellite, not exactly cheap either.
Contacting the people our provider of our home phone (landline) and see if they have any options that is available for our area.
Dish satellite internet.

Everything else I've looked at (that I'm aware of) is unavailable currently. Whoo, rural areas.

Thank you everyone for being as patient as you have been.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil : http://belariath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186
Team member of: Dev, SI, Quest, Ops
Manager of: Sorcerous Sanctuary (Anaya), Unigo (Headmistress - Keani)
Assistant manager of: Thallis (Lady of the Azure Isle - Naomh), Sutara's house (Majordomo - North), Arena (Records Keeper - Kateri)
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tehya on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:24 pm

Hope it is sorted out soon. :)
Tehya

Postby Naomh on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:38 pm

Another late update but...

Got it sorted out now, paying too much for verizon wireless internet but hey, I got it, and the hotspot is portable enough that I can take it with me on trips so there is that I suppose. Either way, for now internet has been sorted out.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil : http://belariath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186
Team member of: Dev, SI, Quest, Ops
Manager of: Sorcerous Sanctuary (Anaya), Unigo (Headmistress - Keani)
Assistant manager of: Thallis (Lady of the Azure Isle - Naomh), Sutara's house (Majordomo - North), Arena (Records Keeper - Kateri)
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Return to Absences and Returns