RIP Marot/Karram/Paige/Andrew Talos

Let people know when you are going to be away, or when you have returned.

Re: RIP Marot/Karram/Paige/Andrew Talos

Postby Ariellia on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:42 pm

I spoke to Katherine Smigel not too long ago, and got a few details on Marot's passing.

He was not in pain, however, was short of breath, had trouble catching his breath. He was fighting pneumonia as well. On Sunday 11/14/10, his heart simply gave out.
Ariellia
Novice
Novice

Postby MidniteFym on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:05 pm

Wow I find I am at a loss of words. My heart aches at the loss of a good friend someone that always made me laugh without fail and someone who had a wit so sharp it left you in awe at times. Marot was the life of the party in many cases he could liven a room in mere seconds and make even the most sour grouch laugh weather in humor or frustration....Marot was one of the few people I first met here in TLI and he always made me feel welcome and wanted. He was a light that shined brightly with his fierce personality that if you didn't know he was sick it never showed. I will miss him around here to make me laugh and smile. I will miss him on quests for he always made them more interesting and fun he had a way of just bringing things to life. He was a pervert and I say that in a good way he was one of those guys that made being a pervert fun not creepy. I will so miss him as I am sure many others here will as well. I know he is somewhere laughing at our tears saying "dammit where is that party I told everyone I wanted" :) I will always remember him when I smile with fondness.
made by Me
MidniteFym
Adept
Adept

Postby Sikyat`Pallaton on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:07 pm

I will remember not only the IC conversation but the OOC conversation I had with him. Always being excited to talk to him about the latest in a common interest (in this case, manga).. Sure Sikyat and Marot butted heads ic but ooc he was a nice person to talk to and was fun to rp when I got the chance.

RIP
Sikyat`Pallaton
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Krom on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:09 pm

He pissed me off about as much as he made me laugh. A challenging man but a decent enough fella.

Now who the hell am I going to talk hockey with...
Krom
Expert
Expert

Postby Tehya on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:12 pm

I don't know what to say, I knew Marot, and never had a problem or cross word, and he always brought a smile to my face. It will be hard to write a battle scene again without his sharp wit and humor which brought them to life. His cocky sure ways, mocking and challenging in the last story I wrote, (made) the story.

I guess there is always something good to learn from a hard lesson as Taria wrote, and I know when writing the person behind the character bring them to life, makes you smile, and makes you mad.

The man behind Marot is like a good book, something you will never forget and a friend forever.

Hard to write even hearing the news of him passing.

Marot in this story http://belariath.com/empire/memories/27-06.html as you can see he made the story

Quote from Marot:
Marot had come along with them, and for the time being decided to watch them. “I'll just sit and wait, you guys can take them, you don't need me in this fight, prove your worth to them, beat their stupid asses, teach them not to fuck with us. Nice shot girl, keep it up Drak."

Marot looked at Seth.

“Listen you ungrateful ass, you need us because you are too weak, you need us. Do you think I am a thug, here for money? Well shove the coins up your ass, I'm here because I care and not for your reward, I'm a fucking hero!"

Sad day,
Tehya
Tehya

Postby MidniteFym on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:17 pm

Tehya wrote:I don't know what to say, I knew Marot, and never had a problem or cross word, and he always brought a smile to my face. It will be hard to write a battle scene again without his sharp wit and humor which brought them to life. His cocky sure ways, mocking and challenging in the last story I wrote, (made) the story.

I guess there is always something good to learn from a hard lesson as Taria wrote, and I know when writing the person behind the character bring them to life, makes you smile, and makes you mad.

The man behind Marot is like a good book, something you will never forget and a friend forever.

Hard to write even hearing the news of him passing.

Marot in this story http://belariath.com/empire/memories/27-06.html as you can see he made the story1

Quote from Marot:
Marot had come along with them, and for the time being decided to watch them. “I'll just sit and wait, you guys can take them, you don't need me in this fight, prove your worth to them, beat their stupid asses, teach them not to fuck with us. Nice shot girl, keep it up Drak."

Marot looked at Seth.

“Listen you ungrateful ass, you need us because you are too weak, you need us. Do you think I am a thug, here for money? Well shove the coins up your ass, I'm here because I care and not for your reward, I'm a fucking hero!"

Sad day,
Tehya

I am smiling as I read this cause that was so marot he made running my first quest a blast I can't count the number of times he had me rolling with laughter as I tried to type. He did bring that quest to life and make it so worth doing
made by Me
MidniteFym
Adept
Adept

Postby Istoaj on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:24 pm

Marot's mun and I had several run-ins, and the most famous of these was where Christolf earned the title of 'Traitor to the Empire' (which he has since bucked off), where he and Xallion Fleetingmane had an epic battle that ended with the demise of Marot's Op character/noble, Xallion. It started befor ethat, but he and I had a long and storied history of playing, and I will say that I am very sad to hear about his passing. I do hope that wherever he is now, he will be happy, healthy, and be free.

We will miss you my friend.
Istoaj
Op
Op

Postby Tsuneko on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:30 pm

sigh, this is bad news. I kept in touch with marc outside of TLI, but he was a good friend to me in and out of the game. he will be missed... terribly.

Neko
Tsuneko
Novice
Novice

Postby Vladimir on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:38 pm

I've been playing with Marot since I started here, which by now is almost a decade ago. Whenever we played together there was about an 80% chance Kain would walk away with a broken nose... that was how we liked it. He was also easily the first person here who became more to me than just 'someone else I play this game with'. While we'd be spitting in each-others bloodied faces IC we'd be yacking in ooc or PM about whatever wizened, nerdy, or semi-retarded thing was on our minds. We'd act like we were the only Canadians in channel, and jokingly look down our noses at the poor american masses.
We didn't talk as much in the last couple of years, and we next to never played together anymore. I hope he knew that he was my friend... that as much as a person can be knowing him in the limited way that I did, I was behind him. I hope I never gave him any reason to think otherwise.
It never failed that every time I logged on and he was there, he'd 'bellow' out the same elongated greeting, and I'd make the same dumb reply. It's never going to happen again, at least not the way that it should... but I'll remember it, and him, for as long as I'm able.
This ones for you, buddy.
MAHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!
Full fathom five thy father lies; of his bones are coral made; Those are pearls that were his eyes: Nothing of him that doth fade, but doth suffer a sea- change into something rich and strange. Sea-Nymphs hourly ring his knell: Ding-dong, Hark! Now I hear them, - Ding-dong, Bell.
Vladimir
Predominate
Predominate

Postby laerel on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:07 am

Every time he was gone for more than two days for the past couple years... i would pm him as soon as he popped on and scream "WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN????" and he would just say "lol I'm alright, calm down." How i wish this was all a dream and i could do that again... i could see his nick to scream at him. You will be missed.

In his own words: I have muscular dystrophy, in a wheelchair, on a ventilator, and do not want any damn sympathy, and i laugh at cripple jokes. My life is very different than most but hell who isn't a bit fucked up.
RIP Marc AKA Marot.
laerel

Postby ShaKa on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:19 am

I am not much on eulogizing. I never had the tongue for it.

Marot was a basket of contradictions. Hilarious, yet enraging. Lively but somber. Friend and foe. I've known about his condition for quite a while, yet his energy made you forget it.

Nothing else I can say that has not already been said.

"Those friends thou hast and their adoption tried Grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel"

- Shakespeare's Hamlet.
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally."

"Taste. Come to me and taste the future."
ShaKa
Senior Op
Senior Op

Postby Erik_Northram on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:23 am

I did not personally know Marc but I know many people who love him dearly. I regret that I never had the chance to get to know him as he seemed to touch and enrich the lived of those around him in his own way. My heart goes out to his friends and loved ones and I know the man had many of both.
If somebody tries to kill you....you try and kill them right back.
Trust me my capacity for mayhem is undiminished.
Erik_Northram
Novice
Novice

Postby Neko Nightstalker on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:59 am

i didn't know marot that well occly. we met in a quest and all he did was sit there and yell at people until he was attacked. he was always enjoyable to fight beside in quests and even better when there was no quest. i always forgot his ailments when we played until he would make some joke about typing faster with his mouse than some with keyboard.

i wish i knew him better as he was a good person. enjoy the veiw from heaven and hope your time is better than it was here on earth.
Neko Nightstalker
Adept
Adept

Postby Ielenia on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:01 am

Marot has been been a wonderful pest to me for many years...he's played with Ielenia a lot and even worked with my only other character I ever tried.

then years ago he offered Ielenia a chance to join the IG and I jumped at it and was forever grateful. I joked and teased him and even cursed him now and then, but he always took it in stride and often joked right back. It's hard to imagine TLI without him. I shall really miss him :cry:
Ielenia
Senior Op
Senior Op

Postby Adonai on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:05 am

Honestly, I have nothing to say because i didn't know him well.. but seeing everyone else, I wish i got to know him better, and it is a shame everyone lost a good friend, and a good onrey shit. (meant in a good way) I feel for those who miss him, who lost him, losing a dear friend is never easy or something that should not be experienced to lightly.
Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides, and life and death alike follow in its wake.
Adonai
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Absences and Returns