Don't call it a comeback

Let people know when you are going to be away, or when you have returned.

Don't call it a comeback

Postby Archaon on Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:38 pm

I been here for years. I'm rockin my peers, puttin suckas in fear. Makin the tears rain down like a monsoooon listen to the bass go boom EXPLOSION...

*clears throat.. obvious path taken, and now onto srs bsns*

It's been a little while now. I've managed to peek in a couple times to see how everyone has been. 2023 has not been a kind year so far as some may know, but to those whom probably are in the dark of what I speak of, this is the story so far.

After my indefinite hiatus announcement, I had been working on getting everything back to a semblance of normal in all things life. Unfortunately my body had other plans. In February while I was hanging out with a friend pulling an all-nighter of PS4 games, I began to have some pain. It gradually became worse, until I couldn't take it any longer. I went to the ER, and after a few hrs of waiting, tests, and waiting, they informed me I had a kidney stone. Fast forward.. been doing whatever I could to make sure getting rid of that culprit would be a smooth enough transition, and I had been pain free for a time, but then April comes along.

I began to have fever chills in the middle of the night. I couldn't sleep worth anything, and with what I've been going through, I looked up whatever it could be on my phone. One result came up; a kidney infection. I waited until I took my brother's kids to school the next morning, and I immediately went to the ER again. After several hours, and being told that because I was essentially a walk-in, I would probably be waiting a long while. That long while became a fear, for one of the nurses returned and told me that I was borderline septic. My old kidney stone went stealth mode and blocked the pathway to the bladder entirely, and began to back up waste product all the way to the kidney. My immediate thoughts went right to when my mother had passed of the very same thing, at the very same timeframe. I told them to do whatever they needed to do. I did not want to die. After everything had been done by the doctors, and 2 extra days bedridden in the hospital, I was essentially told by my dad that the doctors had told him that if I had waited just one more day to go to the ER, I certainly would have died.

So, present day. I have a stent installed to bypass the kidney stone temporarily, and on May 23, I will be returning to the ER for another operation to have the stent removed, and then any kidney stones present will be pewpewd by a micro laser they plan on using. This entire operation is completely void of incisions and other body opening things, so one can only surmise how all this will occur.

I've been contemplating a comeback to the place. As much as I've already been away, it's rather tough to completely walk away from something that you've literally spent half your life engrossed in. I have been a part of TLI since Xmas Day of 2003, and it's now been nearly 20 years. I may have hastily and rather chaotically exited before due to immense overwhelming emotions, but after the time away, it feels like I can be myself again. Granted this might not equate to daily appearances to begin with, but perhaps a slow and steady transition might just work out.
Archaon
Predominate
Predominate

Re: Don't call it a comeback

Postby Akaton on Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:13 pm

Archy one, if you do come back the vaults have been packed with Oreos in hopes of your one day return. Secondly we all do the hasty leave and stuff in many things in life. And sometimes when we step back and look at things we can see it much more clearly. So make sure everything is clear and you want to come back. Do it for you and no one else. Also I am glad everything is ok, and I say ok as in you are still alive. That is a lot of shit to process. So do not rush things even on a decision to come back sporadically. Because you know even with the pull thus place has. You show up see people and suddenly you are coming back to see them more than being here because you want to. So again do it cause you want to and not for any other reason. Just take care of yourself. You do you. This place will probably always be here. And I am sure even years down the line from now if you pop in someone will remember you.
Akaton
Expert
Expert

Postby Adonai on Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:44 pm

Archy, take care of yourself man, i hope it all works out <3
Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides, and life and death alike follow in its wake.
Adonai
Expert
Expert

Postby Sha`Ruse on Tue May 02, 2023 9:28 pm

Oh boy Archy, I'm glad you're going to be okay! I pray the second surgery removes all of the kidney stones. As far as TLI, you did what you thought was best at the time when you left, and sometimes people need time off to sit and relax and reflect. I'm personally glad you're coming back. As the Oreo Pocket Dragon, there is now a backstock of Oreos that need to be given to someone, and I'm sure you're the right person for the job. ;)

Glad to have you back, my friend.
Mun of: Traael, Cameo, Lelay, Varis, Syn, Lyon
Sha`Ruse
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Eucep on Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:52 am

You been through a mess there, hope the operation was indeed a success.
It's good to be evil.
Eucep
Expert
Expert

Return to Absences and Returns