Beladi says "Hiyas!"

Introducing new characters (optional)

Moderators: Annwyn, Simplicity, Kerianna

Beladi says "Hiyas!"

Postby Beladi on Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:55 am

This is to introduce both myself and my character, Beladi.

Although not new to interactive gaming environments and roleplay, this is my first time doing it in a totally text-based venue. I'm also using an IRC program (mIRC) for the first time, so bear with me. I'm BeladiShaabi in the TLI channels. (Just so you don't confuse me with another Beladi. :D )

FYI, beladi shaabi is a form of middle eastern dance. It's sort of like belly dancing, but not really. It doesn't include all the hip-shimmy of the mainstream belly dancing, which is actually called ruqs sharqi. It's more of a country-style folk dance. Its something that I've done, and I always loved the sound of the name. It's followed me into several MMOs.

My character here, Beladi, is a girl from a coastal village. Her father is a fisherman, and she grew up learning the trade. She is also a pretty good flute player, having inherited a flute belonging to a several-generations-removed grandmother. I decided that she would be more of an Entertainer as opposed to a Bard, who is more of an adventuress in my mind. Beladi left the doldrums of fishing village life, and traveled northwards to the port at the mouth of the River Thalis. To keep this intro short (you can read more at http://belariath.com/php/char/show_char.php?s_name=Beladi&s_sex=NULL&s_race=NULL&s_class=NULL&s_level=NULL&s_levval=1), she did something Bad, got arrested, was being taken back to Nanthalion, and escaped. I'd been chatting with Dakral, and he is going to become Beladi's Master once we finish ironing out a few details.

I hope to see/interact with all of you in the channels! Seeyas soon!
Beladi
Novice
Novice

Return to Hello