The Little Things in (IC) Life!

Introducing new characters (optional)

Moderators: Annwyn, Simplicity, Kerianna

Re: The Little Things in (IC) Life!

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Sat May 20, 2017 8:29 pm

Added Merfolk! Thank you, Marena!
"The best thing in life is finding someone who knows all of your flaws, mistakes, and weaknesses and still thinks you're completely amazing."
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Sat May 20, 2017 8:55 pm

Added Vulpines under Race! Thank you, Callie!
"The best thing in life is finding someone who knows all of your flaws, mistakes, and weaknesses and still thinks you're completely amazing."
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Sat May 20, 2017 9:25 pm

Added 'Fae' under Race!
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Sat May 20, 2017 10:25 pm

I don't want to sound like a Debby Holy Shit what the frick is happening.. But .. we already have this covered, both on the site and by Adonais help for New comers. This needs to be deleted. I know you're trying to help but its more info spread about then is needed. Thank you.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Sun May 21, 2017 12:55 am

L`aquera wrote:I don't want to sound like a Debby Holy Shit what the frick is happening.. But .. we already have this covered, both on the site and by Adonais help for New comers. This needs to be deleted. I know you're trying to help but its more info spread about then is needed. Thank you.

Yes, they are all on the site, but it tends to be missed or people just forget about the little bits about the game; the intention was just to include the 'little things' that people just find difficult finding in the site or in the MB. I will delete this if it is truly necessary but considering how some of the info I did write in here is not easily found or is not in Adonai's 'Help for New Comers', I would like to at least have a chance to discuss with him about maybe working together to add them into his.
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Sun May 21, 2017 1:01 am

Yes dear, its a bit to much info overload. If you don't wish to, I can. I know you were trying to help and thats fantastic but.. just to much.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Sun May 21, 2017 1:10 am

I can delete it, but may I please be allowed a chance to discuss it with Adonai first?

His is a Guide while mine is more like TLI Trivia. I've read through his and there are things not covered in his guide; in the site, some of these 'trivia' are all over the place. So I would like to see if I can work something out with him.
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Farvel on Sun May 21, 2017 1:22 am

There was actually a lot of information here I had no idea, that's not covered by the site or the MB at all TBH, and resulted from Abby going around to ask every store manager and OP she could get her hands on I'd imagine. And a lot of stuff on the main site is outdated and can't be trusted, at least that's what I'm always told whenever I point out something written in the site.

So personally I think this benefits the game immensely as it's an easy frame of reference for stuff that is not covered elsewhere or that is hard to find. And that unlike the website, can actually be updated when things change.
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Sun May 21, 2017 1:30 am

Farvel wrote:There was actually a lot of information here I had no idea, that's not covered by the site or the MB at all TBH, and resulted from Abby going around to ask every store manager and OP she could get her hands on I'd imagine. And a lot of stuff on the main site is outdated and can't be trusted, at least that's what I'm always told whenever I point out something written in the site.

It was indeed the intention of this thread, but if it is actually making things more inconvenient for the players because it is 'more info spread about than is needed', then it has definitely failed to live up to its objective and is doing the exact opposite of what I hoped with it.

I have removed all of the trivia, but all of it is currently saved elsewhere so I can always return to it! For now, please refer to just the website and Adonai's Guide for Newcomers viewtopic.php?t=15484 to learn more about our IC world whether for its RP or its mechanics!
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Farvel on Sun May 21, 2017 1:39 am

That is really too bad. I commend you for all the work you've had in collecting this nonetheless! =D>

So looks like the main problem we had in this game (not having a reliable and updated source with all the info we need plainly written out) is back now. *Shrugs* :roll:
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Sun May 21, 2017 4:19 am

Farvel wrote:That is really too bad. I commend you for all the work you've had in collecting this nonetheless! =D>

So looks like the main problem we had in this game (not having a reliable and updated source with all the info we need plainly written out) is back now. *Shrugs* :roll:

Thank you. There are just a bunch of mechanics about the game (especially when magic is involved) that is either outdated on the site or not mentioned anywhere. As for the latter: perhaps I myself just don't know where to look for them and for all I know they might be somewhere on the site or in the MB already - it's just that I can't find them, but others might have been able to (such as the stacking elemental damage on weapon enchantments, or a few spells like Dust Devil and Poetic Justice).

No harm in finding things the old fashioned way though: just ask an OP. Though I do hope that, while I may not be allowed to post what I did, I will at least be able to post something similar (though perhaps not to this much extent) or ask for the links to these rules/mechanics everyone else and myself can refer to.
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Sun May 21, 2017 12:44 pm

I'd perhaps, and this is just a suggestion mind you! Get with Adonai, see what he doesn't have there, and sift your info to his thread. That way, no info is lost that you collected he doesn't have, and whatever he has, you can delete and both the folks benefit and you two collaborate and benefit.
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Tehya on Sun May 21, 2017 2:30 pm

I kind of agree add the extras to Adonai's he has a rep for flashing them in OOC and has done this since Old Witherbee ate her hat. Just a joke but he's been the one that showed interest in this since long ago.

It would be nice to coordinate with him and remove this bit so there isn't two different places plus the website itself and the message board.

But the Reeve IC helping a character is nice.
Tehya

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Sun May 21, 2017 5:24 pm

The Mercenary Abby wrote:...but considering how some of the info I did write in here is not easily found or is not in Adonai's 'Help for New Comers', I would like to at least have a chance to discuss with him about maybe working together to add them into his.

The Mercenary Abby wrote: His is a Guide while mine is more like TLI Trivia. I've read through his and there are things not covered in his guide; in the site, some of these 'trivia' are all over the place. So I would like to see if I can work something out with him.

Yep, don't worry: already on it!
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

Previous

Return to Hello