Hi

Introducing new characters (optional)

Moderators: Annwyn, Simplicity, Kerianna

Hi

Postby Jane_Dark on Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:45 pm

Hi everyone.

I am reading the rules but can someone give me some advise on how much to write on my character page?

I have looked at some others and I have an idea of what she is and how she looks but some people write a lot and others not much. Sorry if this is a dumb question
Jane_Dark
Novice
Novice

Re: Hi

Postby Twerlinger on Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:27 pm

Not a dumb question at all. I would simply go with whatever you feel like to begin with.

For a description, go along the lines of defining height, colour of hair/eyes/skin if applicable, things she might wear, noticable features and the like, just something to give people some info on her looks and general appearance.

For background, thats where you can go a little wilder if you want. Basically, working on the premise of a 'normal' person, I would suggest starting with
1) Her environment of birth, parents, village/town/city ect
2) Her life growing up. Did anything happen for good or bad, or simply a normal child/teenage/adulthood as the case might be.
3) What lead her to being or coming to the area around Nanthalion(The town) and the Lonely Inn itself.

Once you've got something put down, join the irc channel #lonely_inn_ooc, talk to one of the ops and they can tell you if more might be needed, and what direction to go in if they do. If its all good, they'll approve you and you can start the fun side of things
Twerlinger

Postby Jane_Dark on Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:31 am

Thank you :)
Jane_Dark
Novice
Novice

Postby Rebecca of Valaris on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:48 am

For what it's worth my character page started out quite brief and then grew as my gal did ( through adventures etc...not her getting taller!) Obviously you need, as Twirl says, enough that people have an idea of what your char looks like etc etc but don't think that what you first write is set in stone. You can add, tweak and extend as you go along.
Rebecca of Valaris
Expert
Expert

Return to Hello