The Exploration Quest

Brief notes about things that are being talked about at the Inn. Not to provide OOC knowledge but events that happened in the open and which other characters could overhear as public gossip. Does not replace the newspaper.

The Exploration Quest

Postby L`aquera on Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:57 pm

Yesterday saw the Floating Portal event, one that was always draining and took a full day of rest to simply try to feel normal again, though thrilling it was also... terrifying in its own right. A meeting of sorts had been held just after at the Inn where many were asked a simplistic question from the Empire. Will you go on an adventure?

Alright, it wasn't so simplistic as all that. Those that volunteer will be boarding the Warship with the floating portal upon it, a second Warship will be coming along for supplies, Mephos and Jhore and for added protection and perhaps as those last night heard, it may be needed.

Myths and Legends were always a treat to come upon, it was preparing that wasn't the treat. But these particular myths were of great interest to those within the Palace. It was the Emperors wish the Southern tip be explored fully, what with the resurgence of the Amahil into the Empire, the stories that begun following them around and the research of it all, everything was possible. An ancient abandoned city? That was worth exploring. Left to the elements, they had old ruins seen by their own scouting party to know there was definitely something there. It wasn't just the city but what was within it and around it that was more of interest. A Tome of Angles... No... not angels..... Angles. The very word had intrigued and plenty of time had been taken to push past myth and see if perhaps its very existence was ingrained in any truth. And perhaps it was. That was more then enough for anyone but there were also Maps, maps to mines that would prove most valuable to the Empire and the brief descriptions of Pheonix Stones which indeed were very valuable to the Empire. They wouldn't have to go trading with the Far East continent if they could begin mining their own.

An old place like that probably held more valuable information but first everyone must get past the armada of Pirate ships that was spotted sitting on the very coast they needed to land on. Yes, they could have gone by land but that would have taken far longer and the trek back? With valuables of that nature? Quite dangerous indeed.

Unfortunately they knew very little more then was told. They had a near exact spot of where all were to look but not exactly, how to get there. So really... Do you want to go on an adventure?

Lady Dias will be your leader with the aide of the mage, Infernis and Lord Archaon. Such things known should make you feel better yes? And of course, the Empire wouldn't ask you to risk your life without being paid for such dangers and it is, a hefty sum in todays values.

OOC NOTE:

Flyer's were put up along town stores, the Inn, Baths, Healing House and the roads along forest to Thallis Port where you will be leaving from, This Coming Friday 6PM Central Time Zone, November 9th. Healers, Priests/ess, Rangers, Mist Raiders are a must have, but if you swing a sword and are simply good at cleaving things in two? You are welcome. If you sling spells? You are most welcome. This is a World changing Event and these don't come around all that often so take the opportunity to go down in history, you won't be disappointed..

Death Possible? Yes.. if you wish to die. Dice? I rarely use them, I prefer a narrative of Free Form. There may be times you'll be asked to do alphabetical order for posting but not all that often. The level of your character? Will not matter in the least. Have a new lvl 1 you wish to bring along? Bring it. This is not a closed event, if you come to the first two, and can't make the next one but want to join the next following? No problem, we will just shank the quest to make it seem you were always there. This will take a long while, every quest day will be on Friday unless announced differently.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Re: The Exploration Quest

Postby VanMasterson on Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:34 pm

Van Masterson could be there for a few hours then he has an ic engagement elsewhere and his skills are vast and would be very usefull in both the military front and the archelogy front
VanMasterson
Adept
Adept

Postby BlackDawn on Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:44 pm

I'd like to sign up my warrioress BlackDawn for this Exploration :)
Official Seal of BlackDawn
BlackDawn
Adept
Adept

Postby Zeddular on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:01 am

Zeddular the Moriel MageKnight is signing up to join.
Zeddular
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Dragovar on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:06 am

Signing up.
Dragovar
Expert
Expert

Postby Amara on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:16 am

Signing Amara up.

Though sadly, I'll miss the first quest this Friday. I'll be out of town.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil: viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186

"If my heart could beat, it'd beat for you." Valley of Silence

"And yet you did not chose me blindly. Certain expectations were aroused.
Let's not be coy; you were hoping I would satisfy all the desires you're
too shy to name, or at least show you a good time." The Crimson Petal and the White
Amara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Fiona Sharora on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:19 am

Katipo the arrogant moriel knight hopes to be there as well (just not sure how long I can stay)
Fiona Sharora
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Serena on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:25 am

Theressa signing up for use of her master cartography and scribe skills..and others as needed.
Theressa Annaert, Pledged Lifelong Bondmate to Allivia Annaert and Lady of the Annaert Household
Player of Theressa, Kytte{Naya}, Vonni and Remlie.
Serena
Predominate
Predominate

Postby lotaneth on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:45 am

Mistress, lotas blade is available
"in the end there can be only one"
lotaneth
Novice
Novice

Postby Infernis on Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:08 am

Infernis would send a list of names via mail to Dias and L`aquera alike.

Gabriel Storm-Dancer. Tracker, hunter, scout.

Joe. Shaman.

Ronja Mapleshield Knight to House Verkot. Military experience, tracking and scout.

Dragovar. Mercenary fighter. Cartographer, tracker. First aid training. Some experience in 'information extraction.'

Ailbhe. Mercenary with sea-fighting experience. Scout. Literate in map reading.

Valayne. Former House steward, tracker, scout, combat mage, naturalist.
Infernis
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Farvel on Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:53 am

Signing up for this. 8)
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Allie on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:35 am

Allivia will be there! She's a master cartographer and scribe if it helps.. she can also cook a mean jinjona!
Allivia, Healer Type and General Goof
Sadyra, The Crafty Drak
Deliya, Tiny Troublesome Thief
Allie
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Hashmulan on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:41 am

After receiving a personal invitation for the A-Team to attend from the House of Fire and Malevica herself, Airy confirms that she'll be there to lend her zots and illusions!

With Airy around the power of cute fae will shine within you all! That will help! So she'll be there!
Hashmulan
Expert
Expert

Postby Amethine on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:45 am

After receiving a personal invitation for the A-Team to attend from the House of Fire and Malevica herself, Amethine confirms that she'll be there to lend her gentle Healing touch!

... and possibly Fur Spikes.

But mostly the Healing!
Amethine Tawariell is the main catgirl.
Felicia`Delacroix is the naughty catgirl.
All the catgirl's just wanna have fun!

If you like this wax-seal, I could make one for your too. PM or hit me up in IRC if you're interested :)
Thank you Abby for drawing the amazing pic I'm using as the avatar!
Amethine
Predominate
Predominate

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:54 am

After receiving a personal invitation for the A-Team to attend from the House of Fire and Malevica herself, Abby confirms that she'll be there to lend her hammer and her bloody magic!

Abby is a wielder of Magic, Weapons, and is a Master of many skills; she will be there to join the party!

She also owns a jhore, if that helps.
"The best thing in life is finding someone who knows all of your flaws, mistakes, and weaknesses and still thinks you're completely amazing."
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

Next

Return to IC News and Gossip