The Exploration Quest

Brief notes about things that are being talked about at the Inn. Not to provide OOC knowledge but events that happened in the open and which other characters could overhear as public gossip. Does not replace the newspaper.

Re: The Exploration Quest

Postby Lindor on Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:43 am

Lindor Tindomerel participated and intends to complete the mission as a Captain. Aided in ship repairs with the Dream Repair spell.
Lindor

Postby Archaon on Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:05 pm

Naval warfare was a fickle beast, wrought with many chaotic scenarios that could happen. Explosions, watery deaths, fires, high winds and whatever may lurk below the depths, just to name a few. After the battle with the pirates, Archaon's mephos had procured a small pile of things that he had safeguarded from everyone, even the other mephos. Snarls and growls, snaps of fanged maw kept everybody at bay as the mephos shoveled his shinies against himself. It was fairly amusing to the drak. Wraith had always been protective. Always the alpha. Even the wild mephos knew their place in his hierarchy.

The necromancer approached his long time companion like he would any other figure. While others were afraid of losing limbs, or even their lives, to the large mephos.. Wraith chortled and allowed the drak close as usual. He mulled over what Wraith had captured; the body of a pirate.. Wolven in nature from the look of the soaked fur, a peg leg.. humorous as it was, a few other bobbles.. and this strange book. It was this book that caught the eye of the drak.

He'd take the tome in hand and examine it whilst his large friend nuzzled him for something to eat. Archaon thumbed through the tome, surprised that it wasn't soggy like the pirate, and he'd see familiar writings. Spells.. necromantic spells that he already knew well of. Water magic.. nothing surprising.. but what was this? Necromancy.. and Water magic.. a mixture? This was not right. Magic such as this should not exist. It was alien to his eyes. He could only make out a few things that involved Necromancy, but the rest was a puzzle.

As he stritched Wraith's brow, and fed him for his triumphs, this tome was something of high import. Too important to allow it elsewhere, at least for the time being. He'd put the book away in a satchel upon Wraith's saddle. A perfect and secure location for it, for whom would ever get close to his monstrous friend but him? "This tome must not be lost, Wraith. We must get it back to Umbara as quickly as possible." He'd speak to Wraith as if he were just another person, and he understood.

The two would set off soon after, taking the newly created portal back towards the mainland, and then back towards Umbara to unlock the secrets of this strange and foreign writing that should not be possible.
Archaon
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:08 pm

Strange tome indeed. Plenty were spells understood, some lost to the century, some changed as those of magical knowledge found better ways or more powerful, all that the Draksen knew, but there were a few that were a puzzle to look upon and may possibly take years to fully grasp. But they were certainly an oddity for they weren't simply necromatic, nor were they simply water related spells but a mixture from the noxious fumes and poisonous plums to the waft of a wave to make the entirety... roll as if it were more then just mist but a thickening cloud that one could almost mold. Again, it would take years not just to understand but perhaps, even cast and even then, they might wish to be careful.

Days of study would bring to light the author and those that had followed, names written but hardly legible as one might wish. Craolist, Morgreth... the others and any last names or magic followed, were impossible to read from so many smudging. But if this find was any indication, then there was truth to the rumors about the Tome of Angles and if there was now solid proof, what could the other tome hold? One might be terrified of such a discovery and certainly the Lady L` was already curious on what Archaon had brought back but she'd wait to hear his proper report before dancing outside his Tower doors for a peek.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby L`aquera on Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:13 am

As I sit here I keep waiting for the Internet to go out again. Gone out several times, was off for an hour, back on, off again. They are having issues here so, if I don't make it tonight!!!! We'll do this Sunday so that folks have proper time to rewire their lives if need be for a few hours, so same time on Sunday unless you see me earlier!!!!!!!
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Fiona Sharora on Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:44 am

Katipo won't be able to make it on Sunday, but completely understand that nothing can be done about internet issues, so will just cross fingers
Fiona Sharora
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Angst on Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:51 am

Angst won't be able to make it on Sunday either. I have a long day at the clinic and then plans that evening.
Angst, Anisa|VRK|, Latanya|STB|, Kacela, Inara{Chris}, Taini, Nixxle, Lilly{FRST}, Jilaiya, Jace, Kai, Tirnel, Esme{DVK}, Samina, Samiya{Mal}, Leila, Talen.
Angst
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Ryke Masha on Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:53 am

just mark joe as out for this whole thing really. I am working sunday and cant get out of that and I am working next friday. As much as I would like to see this to the end. it just not going to be possible for me
Ryke Joe Ariel Summer Takuran Fenris Elensar Aurelie Avidicus
Ryke Masha
Expert
Expert

Postby Gabriel Storm-Dancer on Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:00 am

Gabriel will also not be in attendance this time around on Sunday. So if his participation in the infiltration group needs to get shanked as though he were there, then shank away!! Although next Friday if things resume as normal I will def be there.
Gabriel Storm-Dancer
Expert
Expert

Postby Farvel on Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:45 am

Can't make it on Sunday either for time zone reasons. :(
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:11 pm

Well, I can't make it either so... Friday it is. Super frustrated at this point. They are still working on the problem and the internet is intermittent. Up down up down up down, i'm getting fucked and not enjoying it right now. My apologies to everyone.
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby VanMasterson on Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:14 am

I will try and make next friday giving that RL my lil one is getting her back surgery but my lady will be staying with her..daddy does not leave until he is sure that his lil one is ok soo...if I make it I make it..if i can't I just hope that everyone understands.
VanMasterson
Adept
Adept

Postby Archaon on Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:40 am

Wraith had taken his master home to Umbara with that unique book. It was something the drak did not wish to waste time in looking at. Any other matter would be delegated, for his sole attention would be on discovering the origins of this obscene twist of magic. Wraith enjoyed his time away by returning to his other mephos, feeding and doing what he does best as alpha.

Candle after candle melted upon desk. Piles of parchments, other books for reference, anything that would help him further understand what it was he had here, yet nothing new would be gained. Smudges, ruined writing.. at least some of it seemed useless, until he would find what seemed to be a name; Craolist, then another name.. Morgreth. Nothing would cross his mind concerning these. He had no knowledge of them, both mentally, or in any book he could use from the library. Still, names would be important. The jottings of these mysterious powers were beyond him. He had next to no knowledge in using the magic of Water, let alone whatever it was these spells could muster.

The drak pulled a blank parchment in front of himself, and would begin to scribe.

To the Lady of Flames, L`aquera,

I write now, after days in darkness and candlelight, about a mysterious book that my companion Wraith had come upon from the pirate incursion. Until now, this tome has not been made known to anyone outside of myself and Wraith. This tome is filled with magic. While there are spells that are, for all intents and purposes, well known within the circles of Necromancy and Aquamancy, it's true secrets hide well within its pages.

I have found evidence within.. of two possible names. Craolist and Morgreth. Whom they are, I know not, however upon further reading, I have come across things I have never seen before. This book speaks of some unnatural mingling of Necromancy and Aquamancy as if it were one single magic. I cannot even begin to comprehend what is inscribed here. This is even beyond my knowledge, and my power.

For whatever purpose those pirates have had in possessing this tome, it is unclear. If this tome speaks of a mixture of these two schools of magic, I can only begin to imagine there may be another.. or more. It is imperative that this tome does not leave Umbara for the sake of everyone, and so I shall contain it separate from all other tomes deep within the bowels of the tower where none may tread.

Safe travels.

Archaon, Archlich of the Empire, The Soulkeeper, Headmaster of Umbara

Once the parchment was written, the drak rolled it up and tied it with a firm string, before placing the seal of Umbara upon it using wax. He would then summon one of the messenger fae to place this scroll within their care.

See to it L`aquera gets this scroll with utmost haste fae, lest your bones become my new piece of jewelry for my dear wife..
Archaon
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:49 am

The Lady herself felt a foul taste afoot the moment she slipped sharp nail into hardened wax to break seal and read. Nose wrinkled and she'd move her diminutive being into the bedchamber's of her Lord, Master and Emperor and soon to be husband. Tiny figure flopped upon thick mattress and gave a tug at sheets and furs to expose one big arm so she could wrap it about herself. She didn't need light to read but she wanted to be comfortable and close to Stormbringer in the process.

Soft mumble was heard as she sifted to ease under covers and steal the barbarians warmth though inevitably she didn't doubt his huge feet would slide over her own to gain that warmth back. Smile curled to plush lips as she perused over parchment, considering the words. Well, they were exploring the South and perhaps Stormers concubine would have more to say but otherwise, this left a puzzle to mull over and probably tomes here to sift through or send over to Archaon. Considering, she finally set the note aside and placed a heavy crystal atop it to stare and let thoughts swirl. So land hadn't been reached yet but soon enough. Strange missing ships. Strange tomes, strange magic. Magic they weren't prepared to just snap fingers and produce. That might be years in coming. After all, any magic one took up, took a long time to learn, study and then grasp much less perfect it.

Reaching out, she oozed slim dark fingers over the parchment again, leaving it open for Stormer to read when he wished and probably listen to him delegate further upon her ears what more he wanted. Still... he never failed to make her life interesting now did he? No. Not ever.

"Can I convince you to move you and this bloody place of workers and cooks to my Island for the Winter, love?"

She bet she could... besides, where better to be as folks came and went from the floating portal? She could pry info out of them by plying them with great food and warm sands.
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby L`aquera on Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:12 am

Tonights scheduled Quest is canceled, I'm tired, I can't seem to sleep and now I'm cranky like some five year old waving its fists. Which does not make a great GM. So I'm taking the night off to keep trying for that elusive sleep. My apologies to all. Next Friday, same bat time and place. I'll be available for side quests when requested.
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby L`aquera on Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:59 am

L`aquera
High Council
High Council

PreviousNext

Return to IC News and Gossip