Its coming... Blood Swan Moon

Brief notes about things that are being talked about at the Inn. Not to provide OOC knowledge but events that happened in the open and which other characters could overhear as public gossip. Does not replace the newspaper.

Its coming... Blood Swan Moon

Postby L`aquera on Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:05 am

Blood Swan Moon

The name itself is laughable, given from Kirvas sweetly cruel lips to the ears of her most trusted High Priestess. The thought had grown and grown within the dark Goddess that her children so gifted, so cared for in her own twisted way, seem to have grown fat and lazy. Their collection of slaves, the assurance of few enemies and great numbers to deal with them below. The abundance of odd fungus's that helped cure the sick and made grand scents when boiled and then left to burn in the middle of the large caverns. The many wards to keep out what was light.

They weren't displaying what they should, they had grown less and less reliable on her gifts as newer slaves from above were brought downward and shared their knowledge’s. Angry, wanting to see her children laugh and play in the anguish of others, she called to her Zo'lel, a rather fiercely loyal Priestess and let her words touch to the sharp tipped ear of the black colored woman. "My essence shall be blown to you, my Priestess, and you shall spread my disease, my care, my anger and retribution. You shall share it with others of your like mind; let them spread it through all my caverns. To all those that remember where they came from, it was I that gave them first life. And it is I that will dictate to them when their violence must be at their peak. Go now... "

She'd leaned forward, placed cold hands to the cheeks of her Priestess and breathed into her the very cruelty of the Mother from her black heart and evil essence. Then she sent her off with a snap of a fist... and sat back to watch.

The cruel twist of the Blood Swan Moon was that it sounded more a freak of humor. The races of above took it as a joke when rumors began to spread. How could one shake and quiver at the name... Swan.. when the Swan was the true beauty and innocence of the calm lakes? They laughed, flicked it off. Felt as Kirva did. These Moriel knew nothing anymore of true wars. They only sprinkled their hatred upon their lands. Not poured it. They were soon to find out the joke was on them. For the Goddess of the Dark, had known they'd but laugh.

Once a year, the High Priestess or Priests to Kirva, gather into Her temple, fall to their knees and drink what is called 'Kas'eli' A mixture of Bloodwine and moon flowers crushed. The hallucinogen hits the bloodstream quickly, leaving the High Priests and Priests alike into an uncaring zone of full worship. They cry out for Kirva to give them the strength and the fierceness she so craves to see in her followers. They ask for her judgment to be passed upon land dwelling rivals. They sway and writhe until the sun shone upon the upper reaches of the land they live on, and fall into an un-wakable state of dark dreaming. The blood moon rises, and so to, does Kirvas blessing to all her Moriel. A touch of insanity; a thorough need for violence, chaos, they thirst for it and the Priests weave the magic outwards from their very inner dark souls, releasing it into the night sky to be tasted by those within a 30 mile radius. All Moriel.
The Moriel breath in the very essence of their Mother; they writhe and near choke upon the need and then set out with sword to magic’s at the ready to do as bid.

The first night is utter violence and chaos unhinged. The second day is tamer, the Moriel seems almost normal until the skies darken and the richness of their ruby hues shines with their need again. It only lasts until past the Witching hour and then they must eat.. they must rest. The third day finds the Moriel twitchy... easily set off. Going at friends and lover alike with no real reason until their lust for that violence is curbed.

Once the essence is drained from their system, the Moriel WILL sleep a full day. They must replenish what was lost. And they must relinquish what was given... but they will rise again. Renewed in their faith and of what they truly are. Moriel. A gifting from the Dark Mother Kirva.

OOC note. For the Priests of Kirva. You should begin your Ritual In June on (The 5th Saturday) Prepare yourselves. You may bring nothing with you. No weapons. Nothing to drink or eat. This will literally put you down until night falls. Once woken, and you will wake sharply. You will quickly leave the temple and move through the Inn, Town, Unigo and forest to spread the 'essence' of Kirva to the others. It ONLY lasts three days. No more, no Less. And it will begin on Sunday night (the 6th of June)

Any Moriel may participate or ignore at their choosing. In no way is this automatic ooc consent for anyone’s death. In no way is this ooc consent for raping. These rules still apply. However, if you deliberately go out of your way to incite the Moriel further, you are giving willing consent for whatever follows. Implied consent rules apply. So mind yourself.

Above all have fun with this. This will be a Yearly Ritual. Goddess help you all
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Return to IC News and Gossip