Mystery in the Mountains!!

Notification of new quests to be played online; suggestions for quests you would like to see; offers to help run quests.

Mystery in the Mountains!!

Postby Gabriel Storm-Dancer on Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:51 pm

Dethsiris. A newly acquired region that still has many mysteries to unravel. The dense jungle is not the only feature of the southern land. To the west lies a mountain range that nothing is known about. There were no ancient maps uncovered in reclamation of the ruined city and it's troves. There was no documentation about the mountains to be found. Anywhere.

Due to some recent reconaissance work conducted in the region, a little more has been discovered about the mountains of Dethsiris and thanks to this insight, the Lord Archaon himself has expressed his interest in uncovering the secrets of the mountains. Are you intrepid enough to brave the unknown? Are you strong enough to survive the dangers of the jungle, composed enough to bear what awaits in the mountains? Let's find out.

This information has been published IC and is being passed around the Dethsirian camps and carried back to Nanthalion proper via word of mouth. A few scrawled flyers have been left at places of interest. Safe to say, there is accessible knowledge of Archaon's intent to gather a small group to venture westward.

When:Friday. November 29, 2019 @ 10am EST. (I know it's a holiday week/end for many of us, but this is the best time for me to conduct the quest). Ideally it will run two to three hours.

Where: The quest will happen solely within Dethsiris, but fear not! Intrepid adventurers do not need to work for DETH in order to join! This is open to all! The preferred channel will be #TLI_Borderlands and #TLI_Quest.

Details: Will there be combat!? YES! We will !qdice for combat. Death? -Could- happen, but it's highly improbable.

Rewards: Those who attend and complete the quest will be rewarded for their efforts. There will be an MHL payout at the end, as well as a special reward by Lord Archaon himself. Questers choice of a mephos egg from Dethsiris, or a Dethstrier pup.

*Note: Due to this being a small, organized and direct quest, only FIVE participants may join. First come, first served. If you sign up, please make sure you're online a bit early so that we have time to shake out any issues. If you commit and have plans that form between now and then, please let me know so that I can make proper notes.

*There is a chance for some buildup RP between here and there. For any OOC questions, feel free to PM me (Gabriel) on IRC. If you would like some IC interaction between now and then, by all means, hit me up.
Gabriel Storm-Dancer
Expert
Expert

Re: Mystery in the Mountains!!

Postby Xanetia on Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:49 pm

Xembra will come
Xanetia
Expert
Expert

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:51 pm

The A-Team will return.

That would be myself, Airy, and Amethine! Or will try!
"The best thing in life is finding someone who knows all of your flaws, mistakes, and weaknesses and still thinks you're completely amazing."
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Shiho on Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:19 pm

I would have loved to be there, but Admiral Aavran can't make it until 2 hours later, so I wish you all a lot of fun ;)
Shiho
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Cevelt on Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:27 am

Let me just restring my bow...
Of course I love you... ignore the dagger.

Cevelt
Novice
Novice

Postby Gabriel Storm-Dancer on Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:53 pm

Thanks for the interest folks! Looks like we have a full group now! Between Xembra, the A-Team, and Cevelt, that covers the 5 allocated spots. Please continue to express interest in case someone can't make it or there is more availability!!
Gabriel Storm-Dancer
Expert
Expert

Postby Kiki on Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:06 pm

If there's still space, Lianna Anirose would like to offer her healing abilities and sexual prowess
Kiki
Novice
Novice

Postby Ryke Masha on Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:08 pm

Joe will come if there is room in on the quest!
Ryke Joe Ariel Summer Takuran Fenris Elensar Aurelie Avidicus
Ryke Masha
Expert
Expert

Postby Gabriel Storm-Dancer on Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:17 pm

**PART 1**

Part 1 has concluded with the adventurers speaking with Lord Archaon and Gabriel. A map was given to the party and the headed out towards the West. A safe, mostly unproductive trip was had to the river.

**PART 2**

Part 2 will pick up with the explorers having crossed the river and now have their feet on the soil of the mysterious Western region of Dethsiris. What awaits them there? Soon they shall find out.

(OOC: Likely to commence earlier in the week. Monday-Wednesday is ideal)
Gabriel Storm-Dancer
Expert
Expert

Postby Hashmulan on Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:21 pm

I believe I am off Monday.
Hashmulan
Expert
Expert

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:07 pm

Same time?
"The best thing in life is finding someone who knows all of your flaws, mistakes, and weaknesses and still thinks you're completely amazing."
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Gabriel Storm-Dancer on Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:48 pm

Aye. Would be same Deth-Time, same Deth-Channel. For refresher, 10AM EST till whenenver. :D
Gabriel Storm-Dancer
Expert
Expert

Postby Gabriel Storm-Dancer on Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:36 pm

Update to part 2:

For the brave adventurers, we will continue on Friday, December 06 2019. I am slammed for most of the week, and I don't want to hold up the progress. Everyone deserves the attention paid to them that they in turn pay, so I want to make sure mine is as undivided as it can be. So we will continue and finish up on Friday. 10 AM EST.
Gabriel Storm-Dancer
Expert
Expert

Postby Gabriel Storm-Dancer on Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:54 pm

**PART 2 CONCLUSION: The party found themselves ambushed by the notorious and still mysterious Shadow Cats of Dethsiris. Eight of the beasts set a trap for the adventurers!! After several members of the party sustained moderate to heavy wounds and things started looking grim, it seems like the very power of Gaea herself was the only thing that could save them. And it did! The trees, river, and very ground seemed to come alive and protect the group from an untimely demise! With the Shadow Cats pushed back and defeated for now, the high grass parted to reveal a simple path. A clear way to the mountains was now given to the group. It seems that whatever force had come to their aid wanted them to proceed on.

**PART 3: Will resume sometime this week (week of 09 December 2019) with the group having arrived at the mountains and proceeding onward to hopefully unravel what secrets lie within!!
Gabriel Storm-Dancer
Expert
Expert

Postby Gabriel Storm-Dancer on Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:46 pm

Thanks for all of those who attended. For those who wanted join, there will be plenty more to come!
Gabriel Storm-Dancer
Expert
Expert

Return to Quests