Old made new again?

How to design a special item, how to apply for one, etc

Moderators: Twerlinger, lyllamarie

Old made new again?

Postby Akipurra on Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:25 am

Not sure about how to do this - we might just need to drop it and move on with something else:

Back around 2002 - 2003, I did a quest that resulted in my gaining the Dragonsong flute. Logical for a bard/ranger since it is both a flute of dragon scale and becomes a staff-type ds weapon. Problem is, I've been gone a long time, and the write-up for it, and the other items that were also on the table (I believe a coronet, a gemstone and something else...fie on my memory!) have hidden well. At any rate, what I do know is from my character write-up:

(She carries a soft leather pouch hanging (on her belt) in which is protected a silver flute. This is the Dragonsong, which has special properties, and which she acquired on a journey to another continent. (+15 int, +5 to all other stats; turns into a 3+3 staff/weapon).

I know it's not much to go on, and if you wish to drop it entirely, I can understand it. I was sure I had the full write up for the dragon treasures, but so far have not found them. I also think I have the quest log, but haven't found it either. Big help, sorry.

Let me know how you want to handle this, and if I need to come up with another quest or something. (It's possible I got it on the same quest Belson got Dar'Gan's tear - we did that quest together - but again, it was a long time ago...). Since I'm pretty much relearning the game with all the changes, I thought I'd get this out and see what you want to do with it. I can be flexible (I'm a catgirl) :D

Thanks!

Aki
Akipurra
Novice
Novice

Re: Old made new again?

Postby miyuka on Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:51 pm

if it's not on the website under one of the Special Item categories, I'd have no choice but to drop it as I'm sure the items wouldn't match with how one should be creating a special item at this time as the rules for making them and earning them have changed since '02 and '03.
miyuka

Re: Old made new again?

Postby Akipurra on Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:33 am

Understandable, thanks for considering it. I'll take it out of the character description then, and hunt for something else to quest for.

Aki
Akipurra
Novice
Novice

Return to Relics and LI's