*** PLEASE READ ***

For activities relating to healers and those in need of them.

Moderators: Allie, Amethine

*** PLEASE READ ***

Postby Lindor on Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:14 am

June 6, 2009 Message from Stormbringer re: Restoring the HH

Stormbringer wrote:Healers can use the facilities at the HH free of charge. That includes beds, the library and so on. If they need to use med kits, herbs and bandages to treat a patient they have to supply their own.

A healer can be employed at the HH. Just not as a simple healer. The HH doesn't provide healing as such, it provides support services for independent healers to carry out their work. Those services are free to any healer and can be seen as a gift from the empire.

No charge to the patient for the HH either. The patient pays the healer instead.

I hope that clears up any confusion. The empire provides a location and pays for its upkeep including staffing costs but there should be no competition for money with the healers who freelance their services and have a hard enough job getting anyone to pay them in the first place.

So the HH gives a boost to healers by them having an opportunity to take their patients there and also by having a place to hang out and chat to others in their profession, maybe a place to make mentor/student arrangements though that concept is up for review generally. Injured characters may make their way to the HH (or be dumped there by their friends) if they want to, and the HH can locate a freelance healer to fix them up.

Healers want a central location for their class and somewhere to be able to mend customers who can't be fixed with a wave of the magic wand. But I don't want that location to compete with them for business. I just want it to be active so as to encourage more roleplay.
Lindor

Return to Healing House