Mentoring

For activities relating to healers and those in need of them.

Moderators: Allie, Amethine

Mentoring

Postby gwyneth{StWi} on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:01 pm

July 2, 2018 *Edit by Lindor—

Tacked to the board in the main entryway of the Healing House, a parchment where names could be listed of those who sought mentorship, or were available to give such. A quill and inkpot stood on a small table nearby, for use.

(Post here if you want mentoring or are willing to mentor/hold a class.)

———————————————————————————————————————-
Healing House Training all healers respond please

Ok, so, to get things started with teaching in the Healing House gwyn needs a basic list. Not talking "skills" points here, but what your chars know how to do icly... and what You have some idea how to do oocly as well, because if you don't know oocly what You're doing it's difficult to rp out.

So, mundane skills:
herbology
stitching
bandaging
splinting
setting bones
identifying wounds and illness without magic

Not going to make this as complex and comprehensive as it used to be, but need a sound off from the healers of what they have, what they think they would use, etc so gwyn can get classes and teachers organized. Those who were Master/Mistress level trained HG healers, gwyn knows what You have :P so no need. If you know it icly and don't have a clue oocly, let gwyn know and something can be worked out so You have an idea how to use the skills your char knows when you're rping out healing. Healing is an art, as much an art as leather work or metal smithing, and if you know how to use *these* skills you're much less likely to pass out from using up all your stamina doing spells.

thank you.
gwyneth
HH Teacher
gwyneth{StWi}
Expert
Expert

Location: tied up in Mistress Ehlanna's pm box, in Mistress India's lap

ATTENTION HEALERS WANTING TO BECOME REZZERS

Postby MidniteFym on Mon May 07, 2012 5:27 pm

Naidra sat at her desk, quill in hand as she penned a message on parchment to be hung in the inn and around town. She knew there would be other healers in the realm looking to broaden their skills and she hoped this would catch their attention.

ATTENTION ALL HEALERS
Interested in learning a new skill and broadening your knowledge of herbs, anatomy and the healing ritual. Have you ever wanted to learn how to stop death from keeping you from healing your patients. The Healing house is offer classes once again if interested let Naidra manager of the healing house know. Please specify if your wanting to learn Healing Resurrection, Learn more about herbs, Poisons, or first aid. Once interest is established A date and time for classes will be set.

*****post here to let me know if your interested in a class and what times your normally available
made by Me
MidniteFym
Adept
Adept

Re: ATTENTION HEALERS WANTING TO BECOME REZZERS

Postby Azara on Mon May 07, 2012 9:33 pm

Azara is a level 40 Healer x7 and would like to learn the skill of Healing Ressurection.

Available times: Mondays and Thursdays I have off so any time. I am on most every evening after 5pm CST. Weekends are tough as I work and my hours vary.
~Watching.. always watching.~

Azara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tehya on Mon May 07, 2012 10:42 pm

Character Topaz: Would love to continue classes again. Pretty available for rp times a few evenings like Friday and Sat. I may not be available.
Tehya

Postby Rhapsody on Mon May 14, 2012 2:11 am

You know I'm game for the classes and will help with whatever lessons I can as well. Just poke me about scheduling.

Banner by the lovely Naidra
Rhapsody
Expert
Expert

Postby Cymorill on Sun May 27, 2012 10:37 pm

Cymorill is a Healerx7 (Level 39) who would like to learn Healing Resurrection. She had taken a class from Laerel a while back, and participated in a sample resurrection... I just am not sure what the next steps are.

Thanks! :)
"You are free, and that is why you are lost."
-- Franz Kafka
Cymorill
Novice
Novice

Postby Cymorill on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:00 pm

Still haven't heard anything on this since my post in May. Is this opportunity still available? *bump*
-- Franz Kafka
Cymorill
Novice
Novice

Postby lyllamarie on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:05 pm

It's available -- sorta, but I suggest to try and find an existing Healer (Naidra or anyone else) who can Rez to train with, then submit those logs to me if you'd like to qualify to be a Rezzer yourself. If you are unable to find someone, let me know.
lyllamarie
High Council
High Council

Postby Cymorill on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:18 pm

lyllamarie wrote:It's available -- sorta, but I suggest to try and find an existing Healer (Naidra or anyone else) who can Rez to train with, then submit those logs to me if you'd like to qualify to be a Rezzer yourself. If you are unable to find someone, let me know.

Perfect. Thank you. Cym had training a while back (in which she assisted as part of the rez process), but she hasn't been the head healer on a rez quite yet.

I'll poke around and see if I can find someone.

Thank you. :)
-- Franz Kafka
Cymorill
Novice
Novice

Postby Tehya on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:26 pm

Character: Topaz

Would love to join you when you do Cym since Topaz would like to learn how to rez too. I was taking weekly classes with gwen who isn't in the game anymore.
Tehya

Postby Augustus on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:47 pm

I can teach any religion based (kirva specifically) who wish to learn
Augustus
Expert
Expert

Postby Cymorill on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:48 pm

Sure thing, Tehya. I was taking classes with gwen, too, before she left. I'm hoping I'll have some time later next week to search around for someone.

Thanks!
-- Franz Kafka
Cymorill
Novice
Novice

Postby MidniteFym on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:36 am

We are holding Rezzing classes when ever we get the corpses or have an npc we havent been setting times because we havent been able to get everyone on in time but if your interested please send me a pm when your available and we can get you a class we have done two already this week :)
made by Me
MidniteFym
Adept
Adept

Postby Cymorill on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:32 pm

MidniteFym wrote:We are holding Rezzing classes when ever we get the corpses or have an npc we havent been setting times because we havent been able to get everyone on in time but if your interested please send me a pm when your available and we can get you a class we have done two already this week :)

Ah, great. Thank you, Naidra. :) Definitely interested, I'll PM you.
-- Franz Kafka
Cymorill
Novice
Novice

Healing Class Triage/First Aid

Postby gwyneth{StWi} on Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:20 am

Posted in the Healer's Hall, and the Inn:

To all healers requiring to learn or update their mundane skills:

Crispin`Pulin and gwyneth will be holding a Triage/first aid class in the Healer's Hall in two week and one day's time from this notice at dusk. All healers are welcome, supplies will be available, as well as practice subjects.

Crispin
and
gwyneth, slave of StormWind

((ooc info: Class will be held Saturday July 1st at 4pm Est in the Healer's Hall in Town))
gwyneth{StWi}
Expert
Expert

Location: tied up in Mistress Ehlanna's pm box, in Mistress India's lap

Next

Return to Healing House