Amphitheater

Items of interest to bards, artisans and entertainers generally

Moderator: Tehya

Amphitheater

Postby Tehya on Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:05 am

There is a building that the bards go to practice near the arena but there is no performing amphitheater and my idea is this. Having one built as described below.

My idea; bards would go around asking for donations for this theater to be built along with the royals help. Royals funding this along with people contributing could have reserved seats, closer to the stage. Tehya will match every donation in mhl that bards can gather from players up to 3000 mhl.

Of course the royals and nobles will most likely be contributing, but I thought it would be a fun event to role-play and the structure will be able to be taken down or put up.

The idea from Stormbringer is to build it in the Arena which would work out well for Fairs, auctions, and events as well, but making it portable with retractable sides.

I am picturing a platform theater to be built, round, with horse hitches so horses can turn it around in a circular motion while performers perform.

It would have an overhead circular roof carved out of wood and painted by our local artists. Sculpted beams would stabilize the roof overhead and would be made out of blood wood carvings to portray the royal figures.
What egotistical royal would balk at having their figures carved in wood as beams?

Surrounding the round platform stage there would be box seating for contributors. There would be horse hitches connected to the base of the stage so it could rotate while the performers performed with a soft sand base on the ground so their hooves would not be heard.

We as players would have to promote using the Arena room in OOC or in our rp in other rooms. The collection of donations could be played anywhere as well as telling them where the amphitheater will be.

It would not only open up jobs to build it, bring wood, supply horses, carving jobs, painters, ect. it would also be a place bards can perform and teach fellow bards, as a stabilized structure.

When more bards and artisans begin to role-play they could construct re-tractable sides that can be lifted off for summer and put up for the winter months for meetings and small events.

Hopefully this would open up more jobs this winter building sides for it.

Based on medieval times, theaters were platforms and usually elaborate in decoration and function.

Please note I have no intent on becoming guild master by doing this or wanting any fanfare, other than to be recognized for developing the idea and matching donations up to 3000 mhl. The general populace besides bards will have an opportunity to contribute and join in the role-play. Bards can beg, borrow, or steal for more funding to get this off the ground.

Possible rp situations using my character as an example:

Tehya may even get over her awestruck shyness, to ask the Emperor and his Companion to contribute, or wield her flirtatious pleading to Lord Ryo and other nobles to contribute.

If she gets mischievous enough she might send some silly bard that believes her tall tales to ask Korgewrath for some mhl too…I pity that bard. But this might be fun.

Those are just some rp situations that could come out of this venture. We have the go ahead to do this, and it is a great opportunity for bards to be noticed in role-play and for people to contribute to something for a good cause.
Tehya

Postby Aramis on Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:21 am

I dunno about a donation, but Lucius, my elven ranger, will work there, driving the horses and taking care of them.
"The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it."
Aramis
Expert
Expert

Postby Eraelabryn on Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:33 pm

Count Eraelabryn to give a donation, as well as come and speak to Ryo or I. We have a nifty difty plan =D to help get those donations up and going...

E
Eraelabryn
Op
Op

Great

Postby Tehya on Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:23 pm

Sounds great I hope this opens doors for more role-play for more than just bards.
Tehya

Postby Logan on Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:35 am

My Sylvan Bard will seek employment there and help build it if you like contact him IC or me ooc .

Nik: Marcalius Cole
The Ghost In The Darkness
Logan
Novice
Novice

Re: Amphitheater

Postby Dakiras Lorgaine on Fri May 16, 2008 7:32 am

Just before I left three years ago I was actually working on opening a Nanthalion Theater. It was an idea of mine to rework plays to a more...tli theme. Who wouldn't want to see the witch from the wizard of oz being clad in leather and brandishing a whip and punishing dorothy and her companions? Or perhaps see the Master and I (the kind and I spoof)...things like that. Once I get fully back in the game this was something I planned on poking around with again. Definitely would love to see this get off the ground again though. How Lorgaine loves a good show and a good story, heh.
Dakiras Lorgaine
Novice
Novice

Postby Tehya on Thu May 29, 2008 3:37 pm

By all means let's get together in rp and make this happen then. The responses have been slim as far as motivating rp for this project.

Maybe we can orchestrate an event to open this new amphitheater, once the people who have committed to playing out building it, have completed their jobs.

Perhaps with permission we can actually plan an event, and say this project has been completed, since I have been waiting months for the rotating base to be built. Kuro built the pillars of the Emperor and his companion that will hold the roof up.

I am a bard and motivator of the project, but there are many opportunities for all professions to play into the creation of this building and asking for funds from characters. Remember the permission we were given for this amphitheater is that it will be built in the arena, a structure that can be taken down and constructed on the rotating base.

It also has been announced that payment would be made, as OK'd by SB himself for people that will commit doing something monthly towards this amphitheater on a regular basis.

Time for the bard's to rally and do something heh?
Tehya

Postby Volo on Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:54 pm

If I had any real amount of coin, Volo would donate to this project.

I support it fully, as bardic characters are my passion. Anything I can do to help.
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words
Volo
Novice
Novice

Postby Tehya on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:54 pm

Well we are offering part-time positions you certainly can take one and earn some coin, if you would like to fit it into your character's story-line. There are also jobs opened for people to promote and ask for donations on a full time basis... the same rules pertaining to any job.

Or if you don't want to be linked job wise, please do work it into your role-play that the theater exists, or even visit it. It is located in the arena. You can find a good description of it under the category Empire, Bard's Journal.
Tehya

Return to Bards and Craftspeople