Where are My Fellow Bards?

Items of interest to bards, artisans and entertainers generally

Moderator: Tehya

Where are My Fellow Bards?

Postby Tehya on Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:44 am

We are unique and have the ability to drive armies on with our music and tales. The magic of our souls have made armies conquer beasts.

Yet when posts and word floats like old wives gossip through the Inn and Forest, I see few of us uniting to build a structure that will house our performances. A structure that will be a place where ALL will gather to hold our community events.

An amphitheater where the new and to be Reeves can stand and give debates, and where honored crafts like the pillars of the Emperor and his Companion are carved out of the very finest wood will hold this structure's roof up.

Where Lords and commoners may sit in a united gathering to hear, relax, and even announce events that might be detrimental to our very survival.

This shelter that can rotate for all to see perfectly; every performance, and where the finest horses will be used to make it rotate.

Where are you my fellow bards?

Collections, donations, word of mouth is whispered like a sweet song that even a well hearing person can not hear.

Those stories in your very soul, be it truth or not...this is your opportunity to be heard. Mumbled complaints of sitting and never being paid appreciatively for your art...shall be no longer.

All you have to do is unite, work hard, and build this amphitheater. This building is not mine, nor do I hold any claim to even the idea...but I do have the love of stories in my heart ready to pour out to an audience, and honor my Emperor in all his glory.

Shall the old beasts that have brought hardship and death upon this community be weathered in brittle books, or shall you tell those tales under the roof of a fine structure for all to hear?

May I not hear another complaint of the bard's tales not being heard, until I see you stand up and show yourselves for what you are.

I have not lost my belief in you, may you not lose your belief in our Empire, and our Art.

We need more help spreading this word, besides one Sylvan bard with a grand dream.

This is not my dream... it is yours.

(OOC I do thank those who donated. But there are many bards out there almost oblivious of this endeavor. Let's join together and get this moving in story-line.)
Tehya

Newly Initiated

Postby Alexian on Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:33 pm

Darien_Dragonsong, a warrior gold from a faraway land, has made his fortune in Nanthalion, and now has fulfilled the calling in his soul to inspire and persuade his fellow man and man-dragons rather than cut them down in cold blood.

It is the duty and privilege of the charismatic to tell the stories of those who do great deeds but lack the flair to adequately relay their valor and their splendor.

And though he is only new in the realm of warrior-poetry, what better way to instill a sense of unity and affection for the fellow citizens of the Empire(in a time of strife and rebellion) than to make a place where they can gather and hear first-hand their tales?

While my attendance will be spotty for the next few months, consider me in to whatever capacity to help make the amphitheater come into being.
http://www.freewebs.com/baptism-of-the- ... lexian.jpg

[i] A master of his art reveals it in his every action. Samurai maxim[i/]
Alexian
Novice
Novice

Return to Bards and Craftspeople