Amphitheater is now Open

Items of interest to bards, artisans and entertainers generally

Moderator: Tehya

Amphitheater is now Open

Postby Tehya on Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:05 pm

As some of you know who participated in the grand opening event, The Amphitheater has been opened.
This is not a permanent structure, but one that can be put up or taken down as per the Emperor's request. Bard and other events may be held there.

I will give a brief description of the Amphitheater for fellow bards to spread the word, or to use in their rp practicing, or meeting there IC. Amphitheater rp is to be held in #TLI-Arena I hope this stimulates the bards, and we can recruit players to work there. Bards per-say can't be paid as workers since we are freelancers, but we do need help with running and the upkeep of the amphitheater.

It would stimulate great rplay if we find others outside our bard network to work at the amphitheater.
The Emperor has agreed to pay them a salary.

Description of the Amphitheater:

As any amphitheater in these times, the new amphitheater is elaborate in decoration and function, the base is a rotating platform. The stage is round, and revolved by hitches on the side attached to horses. The stage spins very slowly for easy viewing from all sides. The base where the horses are hitched is soft sand, so the sound of the horses walking isn't heard.

The roof is held by two giant pillars carved to duplicate the Emperor and his Companion, carved by Kuromaku, duplicating them beautifully. There are box seats for the royals and for those who have donated to the building of the amphitheater. The amphitheater has retractable sides for weather, to be taken down and put up as the Emperor dictates.

Some Ideas for Jobs

Person to care for horses and the circular path they are tied to
Stage sets
Ushers
Promoter for donations: for upkeep, and in return gives the character special reserved seats.

Hopes

I hope this stimulates more bard events, role-play, and brings the bards visible as a profession among the races.
Tehya

Return to Bards and Craftspeople