The Folville brothers are recruiting..

A place for thieves to meet up secretly, swapping stories, fencing goods etc.

Moderators: Twerlinger, WhiteMist

The Folville brothers are recruiting..

Postby Miranda on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:29 am

‘disturbers of the peace are said to gather together daily to do evil; they ride in force by day and night taking and robbing people at their will, imprisoning some of them until they have made intolerable ransoms. They form congregations … and wander in woods and other public and private places, ambushing wayfarers whom they rob and sometimes slay. In all these things they are aided and abetted by local people, who incite them to their evil deeds and shield them after they are done’.

The Folvilles of Ashby Folville, Leicestershire, and their associates in crime, 1326-1347.

Well to be honest I've always tended to regard them as more of a Lincolnshire bunch but that's by the by....What isn't is that, under the guise of a gang calling themselves the Folvile brothers, it's time Miranda revealed her true colours - and started her crime wave proper!

Now I'm going to be patchier than a ten year old pair of work trousers over the next few months but I've been umming and ahhing over this for a while as to when I'd do this so I figured by popping it up here now it would test the waters for interest so that when I'm back (and yes sadly I will be back!) I could hit the ground running as to whether there was enough momentum to get this SL running.

But details Miranda, I hear you ask. A fair question! Well IC I have in mind a cross between Robin Hood and an anti-batman. So stage performer by day, vicious outlaw by night for her. After all, who would possibly suspect the singer of Alice from Thallis as the leader of a bunch of notorious criminals? A bunch of criminals who, much like the aforementioned Mr Hood, rob from the rich and give (some of it at any rate!) to the poor. This had always been my long term plan for her, hence why thief and not entertainer as a class of course.

I'm looking to going beyond shop steals where possible, either with some cleverly thought out of scams and japes or if push comes to shove kidnap, extortion, honey traps - in short whatever we can get away with within the rules. (note to OPs, yep I'll check before I do any of them, honest!), and I'd also like to use it as a test ground for me running my first few quests as well.

So, if you have a character who fancies a life of crime, with a real risk of becoming an outlaw and with death a most likely probability if we ever get caught on a jape, do let me know below. ( Not selling it well am I? :D ). Preference is given to my thiefey brethren of course and I'm only looking for a few to start with but it could be a laugh if nothing else.

OOC bits and bobs? Well I'm a brit so do be aware that there might be a timezone issue but I'm often up and about at odd hours but do bear it in mind. Also given that I would imagine there would be a lot of "pulling the wool over peoples eyes" involved in the japes, characters should really have the skills to match where possible. Finally, I'm not really expecting this to be a boffing fest if I'm honest. So, in the interests of managing expectations, I'm expecting this side of things to be less snoo-snoo and more whoo-hoo as we pull off some cunning plan.

Righties, laters!
Miranda
Adept
Adept

Location: As far away from that snooty cow Rebecca as possible

Re: The Folville brothers are recruiting..

Postby Tehya on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:06 pm

I'd like to join this rp with Meg, and like you I am not sure how often I can play her due to other commitments with characters and IRL dragging me away. But yes it sounds like fun.
Tehya

Postby Farvel on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:59 pm

Trisha would be interested in this.
Farvel
Expert
Expert

Postby Miranda on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:21 am

Super :)

I won't be around properly for a few months but let's chat when I get back.
Miranda
Adept
Adept

Location: As far away from that snooty cow Rebecca as possible

Postby Sorgram on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:20 pm

I know a wrath might be interested.

Make sure you go through quest team

S.
Sorgram
Op
Op

Return to Thieves Den