Thieves Night Out - An Event Idea

A place for thieves to meet up secretly, swapping stories, fencing goods etc.

Moderator: Belson

Thieves Night Out - An Event Idea

Postby Phelonie on Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:50 pm

This is just a thought (and I hope I'm posting this in the right place):

Could it be possible to have an event for thieves to raid the town? There would have to be a limited number of participating thieves as there are a limited number of shops to be stolen from. To this I was thinking ONE THIEF PER SHOP (how which thief will raid which shop can be worked out later).

The raiding group would infiltrate the town at the same time and simply use the Shop Stealing rules. But, it would be an event that could potentially create a great night of RP between the thieves and any IG/Shop Workers/Good Samaritans that are IC.

I'm sure there are other little details that would need to be worked out like which IG/Shop Worker/Good Samaritan would be attempting to capture the thief if the that thief's shoplifting roll results in a FAIL. And, other things that I can't think of at the moment..

.. but, is this something that anyone's interested in? Or possible?

For easy reference:

Shop Stealing

Shop Stealing Guide

Thanks!

~Phel~
Phelonie
Novice
Novice

Re: Thieves Night Out - An Event Idea

Postby Almondus on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:24 pm

Seems like you put a good amount of thought into this phelonie, and I like the idea.

If you could, flush it out a bit more, mabey come up with some proposals for rewards for all involved and write up an event proposal for it and pm it to me. It does seem like fun, but I don't know how many IG or clerks would show up to participate without some incentive..well.. the players at least.

The other option would be to do an event write up to raid an npc town and have everyone along for the ride with the theives??

Anyways.. I do like the concept behind it and wish you luck. Once you pm the write up, I'd be happy to go over it with you then submit it to others on the quest team for approval.

As a side note... I've always wondered why the SS isn't on the shop steal list....

*Edited because i can't type on cell phones*
Almondus
Predominate
Predominate

Re: Thieves Night Out - An Event Idea

Postby Phelonie on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Thanks!

I hadn't actually considered raiding an NPC town and with goodies to be had by all. That might be the way to go. Or, even both? To see which works best (and by works best, I mean the ratio of "fun:ease of execution" is close to equal)? I'll start an event proposal (maybe, two), try and get it as fleshed out as possible and get it to you as soon as I can.

As for the Shops list.. maybe, it could do with a bit of updating?

~Phel~
Phelonie
Novice
Novice

Return to Thieves Den