Recount for Reeve Election

General news from managers relating to OOC topics that affect a wide area of the game. Check the individual location forums for news relating to only one place.
Also news from artists and writers when their work is added to the site.

Moderator: Tehya

Recount for Reeve Election

Postby Kir^Trelander on Mon May 15, 2017 9:45 am

Greetings:

There will be a recount on this year's Reeve election. Let me be clear, this is because of a procedure mishap that made results show up in a way that appeared skewed to the Ops, and it was uncertain how best to proceed with the data from voting without conjecture on what the numbers meant. It was decided that a recount could be asked for, and should, if there was significant doubt on how to interpret said numbers.

That being said, the announcement in OOC was pretty abrupt and while my intentions were to maintain clarity on why I was calling for it, I went a little gung-ho with explaining why I wanted a recount. It resulted in a mood that could be interpreted as disapproval of the result rather than the fairness I was seeking, so please let me reiterate that we had some trouble interpreting the results and that we're not pushing for any particular result here.

To help us evaluate the script and the data it gives us (and how to interpret it), I'd ask for one vote per player instead of per character unless alternate characters are truly invested in the election. This is just to keep the numbers a bit lower and easier to interpret. Bribes can still be in Des, but I'd also like votes to be in-channel (#tli-town) so that I can compare results to the commands being typed. Likewise, if there's a true need for secrecy, I'm not about to jump down anyone's throat for continuing to be anonymous as long as rule #1 (please only vote with vested interests of characters rather than using all your characters to vote to pad numbers) is followed.

Thank you for helping us out with this, and again, apologies for any misunderstanding in my delivery of the decision within the OOC. Voting will be closed again at 5:00 as per the !time command on (Edit: Whoop, fixed the day) Wednesday (that gives 2 days to vote!)
Kir^Trelander
Expert
Expert

Re: Recount for Reeve Election

Postby Ehlanna on Mon May 15, 2017 10:19 am

This is partly my fault as the wording the command gives out can be a little obscure (it sort of has to be to fit into a single line of text per candidate and still have the code run in a reasonably efficient way). That means I know what it means (sometimes I have to think about it a little as I do not often get to see the wording - it made sense when I was coding it seven years ago!) but to others it can be no better than gibberish and makes suggestions about things that may not actually be so!
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Re: Recount for Reeve Election

Postby Ehlanna on Mon May 15, 2017 3:59 pm

Anyone who attempted a bribe (successful or not) in the original election has had the money returned.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Return to Other OOC News