Recurring Events?

News of forthcoming events. Place here instead of in general news please.

Moderators: Twerlinger, Tehya

Recurring Events?

Postby Stormbringer on Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:54 am

The calendar is looking rather threadbare at present. Do none of the shops, locations and temples have regular annual, semi-annual, or other regular events, festivals, tournaments, parties?

Adding them to the calendar helps make sure they don't get forgotten and gives people something to look forwards towards.
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Eraelabryn on Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:20 pm

Blood Swan Moon for Kirva: Jun 5th (Start runs to the 7th)

N&&&&& Something day, The once a year event where women get to rape men. I cant remember the name of it, but its fun! Esp when all the Dom men run and hide..

Spring Festival for Gaea: Fertility. I think it was on March 21st this ear.

Festival of Fools: Festival in Town to celebrate Summer: June 8th

Unigo Normally has an event a masq ball around halloween.

Feb. 26th. A festival honoring the Mating of SB and L.

Would suggest a harvest festival about the time E held hers to glorify the Troops who fought against the Spirs. Sept. 16th.

Around Christmas time, I know we normally have a festival of some sort, dedicating the land to the winter chill. I think it happened last year like 5 days before "Christmas' and involved gifts given to Eraelabryn..I mean no ok, take out the last part, you were supposed to 'surprise' others with things to get through the Winter chill.

Those are all I can remember off the top of my head..will try to think later on today. -slips out-
Eraelabryn
Op
Op

AdenVer

Postby Brane on Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:05 pm

AdenVer celebrates the beginning and end of the seasons war (the summer months), where nromally most wars and conflicts happen. And powers down during the fall and winters.

We also have a winter ceremony where the hearth fires are extinguished, and then reignited from the village's forges.
Brane
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Windflower on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:26 pm

hmm seem be shops and other establishment use to throw more events but none places really done that since got back this time. only shop event i seen been sale at apothecary and one at ss. i don't think seen towers of magic or temple held event of note in bit. while their is story lines going on events seems to bring people together lite bryn part or adver party morri threw. these where their but not many people knew of them in ooc, a case many people not looking at mb on that part , only big event held had lot people was the battle other been to very low attendance on most part maybe exceptions but either need get people advertise events in ooc or remind people once again of message board.. it might help if their is a event calenders for regular events like morri suggest and others even held on reglar bases, thier alse seems be lack od small parties and gatherings we use have , not big events or related to anything but people throwing party and come up whatever reason for it, like almost Halloween and hadn't heard once mention autumn festival or harvest festival mention.
Windflower
Novice
Novice

Postby Stormbringer on Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:41 am

Generally I need actual dates where possible plus some indication that those who are running locations are going to at least set in motion the organisation of recurring events, even if they don't have time to handle all the details.
--------------

(John Keats)
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Windflower on Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:33 pm

to stormbringer , what need is sort events sectary someone collect the date for you about who and when the routine events are going be run, if you are agreeable I well take the task on, and bug heads of different establishments and organization to see if they have routine events for their places..
Windflower
Novice
Novice

Postby Stormbringer on Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:55 pm

Go for it ;)
--------------

(John Keats)
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Windflower on Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:46 pm

I add as i find out about different establishments.

Healing House . no establish regular events

Apothecary - no establish events

Unigo - Unigo ball held around Halloween

CODL - Blood swan moon around Jun 5th Start runs to the 7th

Inn - no establish events

Naked Bird - no establish events

General Store - no establish events

Festival of Fools: Festival in Town to celebrate Summer in month of June

Feb. 26th. A festival honoring the Mating of SB and L

Anvil Horn - no establish event

Umbra- no established events yet

Silent embrace - no establish events yet

Baths - no establish event known talked to Ann but hadn't seen Miss India talk with.

Market Bazaar - okay on mb i pretty stymied not sure who runs it as general manager and other shops with in besides anvil horn to make guess as who bug to get the info although since those establishments are used so seldom I doubt it greatly if they have regular held events.

MMR- no establish event

SS- no establish event

Racial events - their are racial events but they are on main site so am not sure if want them here

Arena- Annual tournament held at no specific month just when it can be fit in.

IG - no establish event

BA- no establish event

Ishtar- no establish event
Windflower
Novice
Novice

Postby Eraelabryn on Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:58 pm

Unigo's Ball is always held around Halloween, I believe the weekend before is the norm Sunday the 28th, or Saturday the 27th this year. (will give a postive date for it sooooooon )

one think I would think you will find, is that most things are "The third weekend" kinda dates, not set ones like the 5'th of every year, since most plan their things on Saturday's or Sundays so more can come. :D
Eraelabryn
Op
Op

Postby Stormbringer on Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:48 am

That's no problem. I can add them on an approximate date and make a note they are held at a weekened.
--------------

(John Keats)
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Aramis on Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:24 am

There will be the usual annual masquerade ball at Unigo this year. Bryn is being awesome and helping get it all set up.
"The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it."
Aramis
Expert
Expert

Postby Ehlanna on Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:27 am

Being a Sylvan Ehlanna would like to celebrate the Vernal equinox so ideas on a postcard - ehlanna@belariath.com - about how such an event could be done. Best idea(s) to get a prize.

Also, being the owner of the Naked Bird makes be think we should have a quarterly event to show upcoming 'fashions' - again ideas on how to stage that please and once again best idea(s) to get a prize.

PLEASE - email me .. do NOT respond here!
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Re: Recurring Events?

Postby Tahni on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:29 pm

The Mithril Mephos Cup will be held annually on October 15 and 16.
Tahni
Novice
Novice

Postby Tehya on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:50 pm

If anyone has any events pm me and I can add them to Oct. Calendar like Tahni's and I will also add them to Des on IRC. To see them on IRC just type !news and 1- how ever high it goes.
Tehya

Postby Wadeywade on Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:54 pm

I'd like to propose an event:

Hangers' Ball

During the early years of my life we used to have a celebration (Which ironically turned out to be Guy Fawkes day, a holiday not normally celebrated in the US) and we used to wear masks and run around while the adults had a drink and we all ate at a large potluck dinner. I'd like to convert this idea into a Thieves' holiday sort of a last gas of the year to be held on the 5th or 6th of November. a pot luck dinner where the members of the local.. guilkd members may gather and talk business once a year. I am sure I can come up with more info, I am leaving right now for an appt. but when I return Ill flesh the idea out.
"There are no strings on me." Leonard Snart
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Events Calendar