Desdaemona changes

News from the admin relating to developments in the roleplay, changes to the web site, etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Re: Desdaemona changes

Postby Ehlanna on Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:47 pm

Been a while, so here's the first update for the new year ...

You can now add a line (or two) - in effect an IRC buffer's worth of text to the end of your character's Notes fields (as seen in your character edit page or via the Desdaemona !notes character name command).

You can use it either in PM with Des or in channel:

Code: Select all
!addnote The stuff to add goes here.  You do not need to wrap it in quotes.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Ehlanna on Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:01 pm

Quick (yeah, right ...!) update to the !game code so that the holdem game now follows the proper flow of the game (post updated to reflect his)
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Ehlanna on Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:46 pm

And one more change, a suggestion from Anaya:
the !webdesc command ... give it a nick of a logged in character or full character name and it will return the URL to the web search to find the character description (as shown at the bottom of the !desc and !backg commands, but without the details).

Works in either public or private.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Ehlanna on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:50 am

First change of 2016 ...
I added a !cast command that may make the use of spells a little simpler. There are various outcomes, depending on what the character has, the database defines and the player types!
The command, only for use in channel, is:
!cast Spell name [#] (with the optional # being slots used, it will default to 1 if omitted)

If the last 'word' is a number it will be taken as slots, with the remaining text being the spell name.
If # is used and is greater than the number of slots the character has in the spell it will be restricted to that amount.
If the spell exists (and the character has it), the casting method defined for it will be used to have Des make that roll for you. If there is no casting method specified you'll get informed of that.
If the spell doesn't exist (or is mis-typed), or the character does not have that spell, am message to that effect will be shown. Note, just to add to confusion, you can get the same error message if you have the spell in both your OOB spell slots and your normal spell slots.
If there is a defending method defined, that will be shown after the spell casting roll.
[00:29] <@Ehlanna> !cast Unseen Hands 1
[00:29] <@Desdaemona> Ehlanna goes to cast the Sexual Anywhere spell, 'Unseen hands' using 1 slots. but no casting method defined, sorry!
[00:29] <@Desdaemona> Check the spell description and use the relevent command to cast
[00:45] <@Ehlanna> !cast Restraints 1
[00:45] <@Desdaemona> Ehlanna goes to cast the Sexual Battle spell, 'Restraints' using 15 slots.
[00:45] <@Desdaemona> Ehlanna (Ehlanna) makes a ranged magical attack roll for (d275)237 + (d285)101 + 15 = 338 modified by 15 giving result of 353
[00:45] <@Desdaemona> Any defenders against the spell should use ranmagdef
[00:29] <@Ehlanna> !cast Restraints 20
[00:29] <@Desdaemona> Ehlanna goes to cast the Sexual Battle spell, 'Restraints' using 20 slots. (restricted to 15, the max the character has)
[00:29] <@Desdaemona> Ehlanna (Ehlanna) makes a ranged magical attack roll for (d275)122 + (d295)62 + 15 = 184 modified by 15 giving result of 199
[00:29] <@Desdaemona> Any defenders against the spell should use ranmagdef
[00:29] <@Ehlanna> !cast A perverted spell to capture catgirls
[00:29] <@Desdaemona> That spell ('A perverted spell to capture catgirls') either does not exist or is not known by Ehlanna
[00:29] <@Desdaemona> Check the spell description and use the relevent command to cast
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Ehlanna on Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:47 pm

Personally I blame Amara ... ;)

Added a "from nick/char name" option to the !mail command to allow filtering by the sender:

/msg Desdaemona !mail from Ehlanna
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Ehlanna on Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:39 am

More blame for AMara, but some to Valara too!!

Another !mail tweak - this one 'recent'

You can specify a number of days. If you don't or specify an invalid number (less than 1 or greater than 90) it will default to 7. It will then list any m,aisl sent within that number of days.

/msg Desdaemona !mail recent 7
[23:38] -Desdaemona- Mail listing (use '/msg Desdaemona !mail read #' to read)
[23:38] -Desdaemona- Mail listing filtered for mail up to 7 days old
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Ehlanna on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:25 pm

This one is down to Naomh ...

A new !timer feature, that will allow adding, deleting and showing of personal reminder/timers. To prevent 'insanity' the granularity is to the day - so you can set a timer to 'pop' in 1 days time (24 hours from when the command to add is issued) or 90 days time. A bit like the !mail command you can list your timers and, if you wish, delete them ahead of time. When a timer expires you should receive a fairy mail to tell you, along with the reason (which you provide when adding the timer).

/msg Desdaemona !timer add # description

/msg Desademona !timer list

/msg Desdaemona !timer delete #
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Ehlanna on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:53 pm

Time for Farvel to take some blame!

New option to the !choose/!choice command, to pick a random player from the current channel (will be a logged-in nick that is not the one issuing the command):

[21:16] <+Farvel> !choose player
[21:16] <@Desdaemona> I choose "gwyneth{StWi}" from the 12 other characters present in #Lonely_Inn_OOC
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby L`aquera on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:28 pm

Thats very nifty. Nice add, Ehlf ;)
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Ehlanna on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:40 am

L`aquera wrote:Thats very nifty. Nice add, Ehlf ;)

*points at Farvel* Blame him, not me! But yes it is! :)
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Ehlanna on Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:42 am

Been a loooong time, and I had thought I had implemented this already!!!!
This is for Des only, I do not think the same functionality is in the web pages yet. What has happened is that the code that check if you can have a spell or not now looks at Class multiplier (if the spell has one).
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Ehlanna on Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:00 am

A quick update for 2019 ... a something akin to the !choice command (which remains intact and unchanged), the !question (or !ask) command.
[01:05] <@Ehlanna-AFK> !question "does this make Anaya's arse look big" yes no
[01:05] <@Desdaemona> Ehlanna-AFK asked, 'does this make Anaya's arse look big', and in response I say, 'yes'

You need at least 3 things: a question, and at least 2 possible answers and will be told it you don't. You will also be told you have unbalanced (mis-matched) quotes if you forget one (or add an extra one) since quotes will be needed for, at least, the question.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Ehlanna on Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:19 am

A quick (hah, hah!) update to the !timer command. One had already been done implementing a synonym of !reminder. main change is:

The expiry duration/period can now be specifie din 2 ways: the original plain number method which takes the number entered as a number of days:
!timer add 20 A timer expiring in 20 days

But now, also, you can, thanks to assistance from Amethine, use:
!timer add 1w2d3h A timer expiring in 1 week, 2 days and 3 hours time

In fact you can use any combination (so long as they are in w, d, h order), any amount solong as the end result is more than 8 hours and less than or equal to 90 days:
!timer add 12d Expiring in 12 days
!timer add 127h Timer expiring in 127 hours
!timer add 1w6h Timer expiring in 1 week and 6 hours

All existing reminders set up have been updated to reflect the new system which is now based on hours rather than days.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Amethine on Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:00 pm

So now that I've been peeking under Des's skirt for a while, time to leave my own mark there!

New Command: !CAT

With a lot of help from Ehlanna, I've designed a little alternative to !CLAW. The CLAW combat system is great and easy to use, yet I've had a couple of issues using it. So I developed: CLAW, Amethine's Tweaks! CAT!

The idea is the same as CLAW; level the playing field between two characters. But while CLAW does this by imposing a blanket nerf on the stronger character, this new !CAT system brings both players to a middleground, while also keeping their stats familiar. Let me show an example:

Player Bob has 10 STR, 20 INT, 45 AGI and 25 RES.
Player Dan has 100 STR, 80 INT, 80 AGI and 110 RES.

So Bob has buffed his AGI a lot, and Dan is much more balanced. So if they were both the same level (which !cat essentially tries to do), then Bob should have a high AGI score, and Dan should be higher in the other stats, right?

<+Amethine>!cat Bob Dan
<@Desdaemona>Bob should use STR+13 INT+27 AGI+60 RES+33; and Dan should use STR-37 INT-31 AGI-31 RES-42 when using the !CAT combat system"

If we do some math, then !CAT says that:
Bob should fight with 23 STR, 47 INT, 105 AGI and 58 RES
Dan should fight with 63 STR, 49 INT, 49 AGI, 68 RES

And that lines up with what we expected to see; Bob has high AGI, low STR and Dan is much more rounded.

So how do I use !CAT for combat?
When you use !cat, like the example above, you see that Desdaemona tells you how to adjust your stats. You use those stats with your regular !cd rolls.
So if Bob wanted to make a ranged physical attack, he would roll !cd AGI+60 INT+27 +weaponmods.

If you have any enchantments or effects that boost or hinder stats, you add or subtract appropriately. So if Bob had a familiar with ritual bonding, thus giving him +3 to his INT, then he would roll INT+30 because the !CAT results stack with stat modifiers.

If you add :pm to the end of one of the nicknames, then that person will get a PM from Des of the stats given. That way you always have a note of the numbers to use. Do not use the pm feature to spam or irritate other players.

As with any optional combat system, once you start using !CAT, you HAVE to stick with !CAT for the entirety of the fight!

I've spent a long time coming up with this, and couldn't have done it without Abby (and Airy!) helping and teaching me the ways of combat with the monthly Works deliveries as well as a few tests, Naomh and Dragovar and probably so many other people I can't recall (poke me if I forgot ya!) who helped answer various combatdice queries I had. And Ehlanna was a freaking godsend with all the code help and input she gave me! Still, despite all that if there's any issues, problems or suggestions, don't hesitate to let me know. MY IRC and MB pm's are always open!
Amethine Tawariell is the main catgirl.
Felicia`Delacroix is the naughty catgirl.
All the catgirl's just wanna have fun!

If you like this wax-seal, I could make one for your too. PM or hit me up in IRC if you're interested :)
Thank you Abby for drawing the amazing pic I'm using as the avatar!
Amethine
Predominate
Predominate

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:19 pm

ImageImageImage
Another mark to be left by the A-Team!

Remember this little fun game from last year's 'Festival of Gifts and Gold Day' celebration at The Works (viewtopic.php?f=108&t=22945)(OOCly I came up with it; ICly Airy came up with it)?
Quicklist of !pig rules wrote:
  • Number of Players: 2-8
  • Player that will go first will be chosen randomly, the person who uses the !pig new command is automatically added to the game
  • Object of the game is to be the first to reach or surpass the target score.
  • Each turn a player can roll as many times as they want, or bank their score and end their turn.
  • If the player rolls a 1, they score nothing for that round and it becomes the next player's turn.
  • If the player rolls any other number, it is added to their turn total and the player's turn continues.
  • If a player chooses to "Hold", their turn total is added to their score, and it becomes the next player's turn.

A lot of people apparently enjoyed it and ever since then the game has been played here and there every now and then to pass the time at the inn, at other events, and even played to kill time during quests before enemies come to kill -you-!

And now thanks to Amethine, it has now been worked into Desdaemona herself! Also, a thank you to Ehlanna for providing tech support!

That is correct: no longer will you need to manually keep track of scores or remember whose turn it is to roll after yours; why do all of that when Des can do everything FOR you!?

It's all very simple and fun, just as it was designed! Let's look at the different commands:

COMMANDS

!pig is your main command. However, just for laughs (I assume), it's interchangeable with any of these:
  • !gpc
  • !greedy
  • !greed
  • !porkchop
  • !pork
  • !piggy
  • !bacon
  • !ham

Because pig.

So typing up "!pig roll" or "!porkchop roll" or "!gpc roll" will all function the same way as intended!

TO START A NEW GAME:

• "!pig new" and "!pig begin" can all start a new game.
  • BUT, you need to use the format "!pig new score Nick1 Nick2 Nick3" (Up to 8 PLAYERS!)
    NOTE: The game will automatically add the one who starts a game as a player if they don't add their nick to the list!
  • 'Score' must be replaced with the desired score a player must reach to win the game (e.g 10, 20, 30, 35, 47, all the way to a MAX of 100).
  • So once you've decided who will play the game, then all that's left is to post the command in ANY channel with Desdaemona in it.
Example: "!pig new 30 Abby` Airy` Amethine" will start a new Greedy Pig game between Abby`, Airy`, and Amethine in the channel up to a score of 30.
HOW TO ROLL FOR 'GREEDY PIG'

• "!pig hit", "!pig roll" and "!pig r" can be used to roll the dice. Des will roll a 6-sided die for you and generate the result. And you can keep doing it and doing it and she will add the numbers for you!
  • Oh, but be careful not to get too GREEDY. If you roll a '1', you lose ALL your accumulated points for that round.
Which brings us to...
HOW TO HOLD/BANK FOR 'GREEDY PIG'

• "!pig hold", "!pig h", "!pig stand", "!pig stay", "!pig bank" and "!pig halt" can be used to stop and bank your accumulated points! And the total will be carried over to your next turn.
I FORGOT HOW MANY POINTS WE ARE ALL AT.

• No worries! "!pig score" and "!pig scores" can help display the current scores of every player in the game.
A PLAYER HAS TO LEAVE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME!

• If a player does not wish to continue, then "!pig boot", "!pig hoof", "!pig trotter", "!pig trot", "!pig kick" and "!pig remove" can be used to remove a player from the game (e.g "!pig hoof Abby`" will remove Abby` from the game).
HOW TO STOP THE GAME

• Well, if you want to end it, there are two ways: WIN THE GAME, or "!pig reset" and "!pig gatwo" can be used to close the game in the channel.
PLAYERS FORGOT TO TURN THE GAME OFF SO NOW WE CAN'T PLAY!

• If for some reason you try to start a game but Des says there's one already running, you can ask an op to use "!opreset" or "!opgatwo" command and they can reset the game regardless if they were in it or not.
SO CAN ANYONE ACCESS THE COMMANDS?

• Your nick has to be IN the game for you to use some of the commands, so nobody can just come along and ruin it! But anybody can use "!pig scores" to see what the current scores are.

Give it a try!

Once again, a BIG thank you to Amethine and Ehlanna for working the game into Desdaemona! Believe me when I say that while the game is easy, the coding was not. Kind of like Pork Chop himself. Do you think it's easy for Abby to take care of that pig? It is not. Clean him up and he'll be messy in other ways; tell him to do something, he'll do something else entirely.

Which pretty much sums up Amethine's experience with the coding <<

Either way, we - the A-Team - do hope you enjoy the new game as we have enjoyed bringing it into the game!
"The best thing in life is finding someone who knows all of your flaws, mistakes, and weaknesses and still thinks you're completely amazing."
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

PreviousNext

Return to News From The Admin