Reeve Raffle!

Questions and suggestions that don't fit anywhere else in this area.

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Reeve Raffle!

Postby Lozen on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:00 am

raf·fle
ˈrafəl
noun
1. a means of raising money by selling numbered tickets, one or some of which are subsequently drawn at random, the holder or holders of such tickets winning a prize.
synonyms: lottery, lotto, drawing, prize drawing, sweepstake(s)
"the winner of our raffle was Doris"
verb
1. offer (something) as a prize in a raffle.
"a work that will be raffled off for a fine arts scholarship"

The Reeve Raffle will be about the people investing their hard earned money into tickets, as many as they wish to collect, which will increase their winnings on a chosen deadline, and the winner would select a number. That number will be one of the participants in the raffle who will be subjected to any orders, for a day, by the winner of the raffle. If there is incompatibility with the two, then it will fall to the Reeve to make amends... In any way, shape, or form.

The money invested in the raffle will go towards a project that the Reeve is working on getting ideas for. Ex. Bigger Arena, More Booze, Imports, Racing Complex add-on, or something like simple as the Reeve having an inherited budget that could pass down to the next one and after.

What are your thoughts on it? :)
Lozen
Initiate
Initiate

Re: Reeve Raffle!

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:09 am

I would think this would be a fun idea! Though I am curious what you mean by "Reeve making amends' (does it mean they have to come up with a compromise, or do they have to do what the winner wanted?). And as stated in OOC not too long ago though: the Arena's plenty big enough and it's got all sorts of bibbity-bobbity magic to make the terrain to anything, but I do understand the example.

Perhaps the best idea out of this is a budget that the Reeve can use to help with organizing events, though I can foresee one obvious issue with this:

If said Reeve suddenly disappears or goes on hiatus over their three-month term, then that money will be pretty much gone until they return (oh no!). I'd imagine a treasurer would be the obvious alternative or at least have one of their assistants handle it but the same problem could still happen.

Now if it's something built into Des herself and have it be only accessible to the appointed Reeve... that might be doable - though I'm no programming wiz so I have no idea if that's even possible.
"The best thing in life is finding someone who knows all of your flaws, mistakes, and weaknesses and still thinks you're completely amazing."
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Lozen on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:37 am

Thanks! I really think it will be fun to play and I can't wait to see what sort of prize that the winner would take. Hope that it is going to be funny too, being honest. :lol:

"Reeve making amends" would be a compromise negotiated with the winner and the reeve. It could be anything from a favor, money, or a quick turn around in a dark room for some fun. Who knows?

I would think it is possible to make something available in Des for that to work, but the question is if there is a certain someone willing to do it. Sort of begs the question how important the role of being a Reeve is for a Des Treasury to be coded?
Lozen
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Stormbringer on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:33 pm

It doesn't need coding. Any money can be paid into the black hole, a record kept and any Op can pay it out. KISS

As far as using the money, I'd sooner it went to support prizes in an event rather than some nebulous improvement
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Lozen on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Understood. Thank you for considering and responding. :)
Lozen
Initiate
Initiate

Return to General Questions and Suggestions