Tweak to the Arena staff

Questions and suggestions for new locations, business plans, and changes to shops or other places around the empire

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Re: Tweak to the Arena staff

Postby Farvel on Sun May 20, 2018 12:40 am

Tawny wrote:For those who are still having a problem understanding the rules for slaves might I suggest you read.. .http://belariath.com/locations/isa/conduct.html

We have read them, Tawny. In particular the part that says:
Slaves cannot own other slaves. They also do not own weapons, equipment or money except by permission of their owner.

http://belariath.com/locations/isa/beslave.html
Which implies that they can in fact own weapons if they have permission, they simply cannot attack a free person, or another's slave, except in self-defence.

That slaves are not allowed to engage in fights is clear enough, and regardless of my thoughts on the issue, the rules are what they are so I'll say no more about it. Whether they are allowed to carry weapons or not is an issue that still is not clear, and that we get a different answer everytime we ask. But that's a discussion for another time and place, so I will not hijack this thread further.
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tawny on Sun May 20, 2018 3:47 am

Ok let me state this as clearly as I can.

1... Arena slaves as detailed in Ellyssas first post is perfectly fine by me and the ISA.

2... Can a slave own a weapon?... Yes. Can a slave buy a weapon? Only with the owners written permission or presence, at time of purchase.

3... Can a slave use a weapon in any manner other than a non aggressive manner and NOT cause themselves and their owners to answer to the ISA and possibly face punishment... NO!

Hope this cleared up the question that seemed to be not so clear for some.
Tawny

Postby Cayenne on Mon May 21, 2018 2:54 am

It would make sense to have arena slaves, someone to tend to the gladiators, and handle many of the tasks too menial for their to be an actual position for. It could be a position, or positions where multiple slaves could be acquired for various purposes, like a pretty thing for carnal desires, and light work - and a larger individual the heavier tasks the arena has.

My only worry would be how much active play they would get, as while the arena isn't the emptiest channel - a lot of times individuals come with a specific goal in mind and it might take a while for people to adjust to the presence of an arena slave.

Also, the arena is a channel that can be taken over for quests - cutting off the characters ability to be played during that time unless, like an inn slave they are given a long enough leash to travel to Unigo (Before the collar chokes them out).

Just some thoughts~
Cayenne
Adept
Adept

Postby Naomh on Mon May 21, 2018 4:46 am

Cayenne wrote:Also, the arena is a channel that can be taken over for quests - cutting off the characters ability to be played during that time unless, like an inn slave they are given a long enough leash to travel to Unigo (Before the collar chokes them out).

All channels can be taken over for quests. A quest is supposed to be in the channel it is taking place, within reason (quests that take place in multiple locations can start in the 'best room' to avoid channel changing).
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil : http://belariath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186
Team member of: Dev, SI, Quest, Ops
Manager of: Sorcerous Sanctuary (Anaya), Unigo (Headmistress - Keani), Lodge of Strength (Head Priestess - Robyn)
Assistant manager of: Thallis (Lady of the Azure Isle - Naomh), Sutara's house (Majordomo - North), Arena (Records Keeper - Kateri)
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Ehlanna on Thu May 24, 2018 2:31 am

"The Arena" is now available to attach slaves to, with the caveats and constraints outlined by Tawny.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Serena on Thu May 24, 2018 2:44 am

I have the char that i will pitch up to be the first one - ;)
Theressa Annaert, Pledged Lifelong Bondmate to Allivia Annaert and Lady of the Annaert Household
Player of Theressa, Kytte{Naya}, Vonni and Remlie.
Serena
Predominate
Predominate

Previous

Return to Location, Location, Location