Not really a rant more of just bringing something up

A place for players to get on their soap box and let it all out.
Ops will not respond to any posts here except to delete anything which is beyond the limits of a civilized community.

Not really a rant more of just bringing something up

Postby Akaton on Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:03 pm

Ok so here's what's up. Manager and asst Manager pay rates. I am seeing confusion amongst specifically the amount of pay. Won't name names but well I can be logical and whatnot and explaimed it, but seeing as the last listing for pay of such was under the old monthly work as many hours as you want thing as seen here

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=17454

So there is that. But given now we are on a weekly max hour system I believe it needs specified by the powers that be to make it perfectly clear. I have an idea I'd like to propose to be looked at for consideration of a new pay model for managers and asst managers.

Since we are working on a 4 week system I propose this. The pay be divided by 4 and the first hour each week gets you a 4th of what that pay is. So if someone misses a week of work with 0 hours they make less mgr pay. As it may look like a punishment. But as a manager and asst mgr you are that boss you should be there to be available to hire and such. Also from an in game standpoint it actually goes to weekly management of a businesses like doing he books, ordering stock etc...

Anyways this is just an idea but regardless of what happens an official release of how it works under the new system would be appreciated even if its still the same as it was. It just clears confusion when there is something put out as a 'This is the rule' thing from the powers that be.
Akaton
Expert
Expert

Re: Not really a rant more of just bringing something up

Postby Tawny on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:23 am

First off I want to state that this is In my opinion and how I personally see it. I see people hired and told they are making completely different amounts that what is on the Website and I think it needs to be made clear that,.... A manager, assistant manager, HP is paid 340 to 240 MHL for 4 hours work and overtime for any further hours they've put in for that month.
Now under the new rules of course they are not allowed to get paid for more than 4 overtime hours a week. And like everyone else they can work all the hours they can claim in the last week if they wish.
I personally have, and have seen people offer the places they work in, over and over in the OOC channel and barely get anyone who wants the shops opened and yet I see people complain about shops not being open.
Doing nothing but mono logging has been frowned on in the past. And there is a lot managers and assistant managers do behind the scenes in the way of work, that there is no way to get time stamps for. And there is simply some months that now matter how hard you try your simply cant get people into the shops much. Heck sometimes its hard to get people IC period. The OOC is full and maybe 4 IC.
Now everyone knows I am NOT a power that be. But I do handle payroll and I do watch and I see things. Some months people get more hours IC than others. Warm weather tends to drop the RP a it is. But remember just because you don't see it or don't see time stamps for it, doesn't mean Managers and Assistant Managers, are not doing work for their shops and such, it just means its being done behind the scenes and without a way to get time stamps for it.
Tawny

Postby Farvel on Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:12 pm

I don't see how that would help TBH. The main issues with the old system were: people were working too many jobs, and for each job they were claiming too many hours and too many skills, which overall resulted in them making a shitload of money. Those three issues have been mostly fixed by now.

I do believe the current description is needlessly confusing. There was no need to split the hours into "4 regular hours" and "4 overtime hours" when it could've just been said "no more than 8 hours a week can be claimed", because that's really what we're talking about. Describing it like that is confusing, because it makes some people believe they must do a log every week, or worse, must work 4 hours every week to keep their jobs, which is clearly not the case. There's nothing stopping you from working one hour a month like before (and in some jobs even that can be a challenge), you just won't be able to claim 400 mhl for that one hour from skill bonuses like before.

As for Manager payment, nothing has changed AFAIK, the first 4 hours every month have the bonus payment, regardless if it's the first week, the last, or split between several weeks. I don't think people need the additional stress in their lives of "I must do a log this week or I'll miss the bonus!", otherwise this becomes a RL job.
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Stormbringer on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:52 pm

Suggestions are better made in the appropriate thread
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath