Thieves: Locks Pick Tools

Questions and suggestions for new locations, business plans, and changes to shops or other places around the empire

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Thieves: Locks Pick Tools

Postby L`aquera on Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:10 am

The General Store and the Anvils Horn should be encouraged to add these items to their list where applicable. Can I get the Manager of the General Store and the Manager of the Anvils Horn to give me a HELL YA.. after this that they will be willing to sell some of these Items; Note. The Naked Bird could sell the optional clothing via a back room if Ehlanna is alright with this as well.

Thief Tools:

Copper Lockpicks - The most basic of tools used for picking locks, copper lockpicks are easily bent, and not quite accurate, and give a -10 modifier to lockpicking (though keep in mind that one not using any lockpicks whatsoever incurs a -20 penalty). Because of the relative unsteadiness of the metal copper, they are only sturdy enough to pick "bad" and "poor" locks. Comes in a set of six lockpicks, accomodating for various sizes of locks.
Cost - 15 mhl for a set of 6, not sold individually.

Iron Lockpicks - A bit stronger version of lockpicks, these are fairly sturdy and a bit well made. The "staple" of what most thieves choose to pick. While moderately stronger than copper, because of the thinness of the lockpicks the metal can be a bit ill-suited for some of the more advanced locks. Iron lockpicks cannot pick "excellent" or "superior" locks, and have a -5 modifier to attempting to pick any other lock. Good for your average thief, as most people don't put in the time to buy the most expensive of locks.
Cost - 30 mhl for a set of 6, not sold individually

Steel Lockpicks - The more luxurious lockpicks for those that can afford it, steel lockpicks are well made and are quite sturdy. These are exceptionally good for those who spend their time picking their way through some of the more challenging types of locks. There is no negative modifier for using steel lockpicks, and they can pick any type of locks.
Cost - 60 mhl for a set of 6, not sold individually

Mithril Lockpicks - The end all be all of lockpicking, they're light, finely crafted, and incredibly durable. These are more for show and status symbols than anything, though that is not to say they are not quite exceptional when actually used, actually granting a +5 bonus to lockpicking merely by using such find crafted tools.
Cost - 100 mhl for a set of 6, not sold individually

Sap - 75mhl (1eq slot)
A thick leather bag filled with iron pellets that when used in combination with the Blackjack skill can render a person unconscious. There are various sizes and colors, created to be easily concealed in various places.

Grappling Hook - 25mhl (1 eq slot)
Ropes of various lengths, ranging from 10 to 20 feet, can be purchased with an attached grappling hook useful for scaling those unscalable heights a thief or assassin might encounter, after all one never knows what secret spells lay in wait for the careless man who thinks a simple fly spell will do.

Assassin Rings - 12mhl
Small, ornately crafted rings of various designs and styles with an added compartment capable of storing small amounts of poison for those thieves or assassins who find that a discreet delivery method serves their purposes best.

Clothing:

Soft Leather Boots - 20mhl
Any thief's best friend, shoes designed to aid in stepping quietly and quickly, these shoes are made with the intent of minimizing noise made when one's foot impacts the floor, while mdoerate traction to the ground. Boots such as these are required to use the soft steps, and stealth skills, and can come in a variety of colorations.

Sheer Silk Gloves - 18mhl
Gloves such as these are made as a means of enhancing the abilities of a pickpocket, providing easier access to one of their victim's pockets, producing less friction against clothing, flesh, armor - whatever one might be attempting to relieve their victim's

Cloak of Shadows - 78mhl
A large, hooded cloak, which comes in a variety of sizes and colors (though only dark colors - as not to draw attention), this cloak is specially imbued with magic so that when the cloak is pulled closed, and the hood pulled over the wearer's head, they are hardly noticable. This assumes, of course, that the wearer doesn't do anything exceptionally foolish to reveal themselves. (Works like the Lurk spell, only when above conditions are met.)
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby StormWind on Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:20 am

Hell ya!

Sense that is what you asked for<g> I'm not technically the manager of the AH.... but as Vorz has been gone like 2 months now I'm the only one your going to find.... we'll add these to the list, and will begin selling them as soon as I get an order.....

L: That good enough for ya??
Skills pertaining to Jobs

Owner and Manager of The Works:

Metalsmith X5
MiithrilsmithX5
Leathersmithx5
Wood working x5
Valicitesmith x5
Carpentry x5
Jewler x5
Appraisal
Administration

Stewart of the port of Virelith
Scribe x5
Cartography x5
Mephos Riding x5
Soldiering x5
Navigation x5
Boating
Ediquett
Heraldry x3

Master Body Artist

Body Arts x5
Artist x5
Jewler x5
StWi
StormWind
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:37 pm

Appreciate. I was figuring the AH could perhaps sell the lock pick tools, the GS the grappling hooks which is already on their sellers list and of course the rope, the NB the clothing.. teehee.. I hope that all fits with everyone running those shops.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby StormWind on Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:12 pm

Sounds like a plan as far as the AH is concerned.... not to mention that with the right encouragement.... Storm might be convinced to make the blackjacks freelance.... seeing as we are talking metal pelits incased in leather.....course.... in the end I leave that to the ops....

StWi
Skills pertaining to Jobs

Owner and Manager of The Works:

Metalsmith X5
MiithrilsmithX5
Leathersmithx5
Wood working x5
Valicitesmith x5
Carpentry x5
Jewler x5
Appraisal
Administration

Stewart of the port of Virelith
Scribe x5
Cartography x5
Mephos Riding x5
Soldiering x5
Navigation x5
Boating
Ediquett
Heraldry x3

Master Body Artist

Body Arts x5
Artist x5
Jewler x5
StWi
StormWind
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Oak The Fisherman on Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:39 am

Ohhh, me likey...

Me can't affordy, but me likey... ;)
Oak The Fisherman
Novice
Novice

Postby Eraelabryn on Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:36 pm

Just a bump to see if these were labeled as "SELL BABAH SELL".

Was asked today if the shadow cloaks were already open for purchase, and informed that a few had bought them, so assumed they were, and gave the permission.

Thank you.
Eraelabryn
Op
Op

Return to Location, Location, Location