Kirva Ritual: Honoring the Night

News, information and events at the temple of Kirva

Moderator: xmastersethx

Kirva Ritual: Honoring the Night

Postby Lysabeth on Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:58 pm

Lysabeth sits within the Cave of Dwindling Light, a tome of rituals spread out before her. All designed to enhance one's faithfulness and service to the Dark Mother. There were not many of them, and most were detailed accounts from those who had previously participated in such rituals. One had an occurrence of once a year, and it was not yet time for that, but there was one that struck her as needing to be held. Quickly, she began penning out a missive to be sent to all those who follow Kirva, Moriel and non alike, because there were those who were not darkling and still followed the Dark Mother, Lysa being one of them.

Honoring the Night:

This ritual is made at least twice a Year. One, usually within a group, the other alone. Because Night is a time where the Dark elf may flourish and sweep away their enemies, because the Moriel needs no light to guide them in their path. And because the night affords them cover and the warm embrace of the Goddess herself, twice within a years span will a Moriel bow to their Goddess. This ritual is really overtly simplistic and yet the darker measures that lay about the Moriel like a cloud of whispers hold true to them until the next ritual is done. This gives no benefit other then making them feel.. empowered.. But yet whom would not have an ego boost from a night of true debauchery. A night where slaves are traded and shared. Where the fruits of their labor is brought and shared with those that come and half is as always favored and given to Kirva herself. Yet some claim to gain memories, or the touch of Kirva is what gave them these memories of when their time, as a race.. began.. Or perhaps when they had been given life, or when they will die.

To determine this outcome, in dice, roll a !r 1d4 1-2 a subtle fuzzy memory that if picked through might depict the life they could have, or the life that will be snuffed out. 3-4 a memory a solid flashback of when the first elf wandered from its brethren into the caves themselves and first heard and felt the touch of Kirva and the sanctuary presented.

She included information concerning the ritual, ensuring that those who did not know of it, would have knowledge given that is important concerning it. Missive sent off to those who would read it and even those who would not.

I've not yet set a date for this event, for those interested, reply to this thread, or via pm here on the MB. Let me know what days and times would be good, etc. Thanks!

May the light of which ever God or Goddess you follow bestow happiness and luck upon you.
Lysabeth
Novice
Novice

Postby kylara` on Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:56 am

Len`neth Is a Moriel Though I do not fully understand the entire thing. Could you please put it in Simple terms?
I am the angel of Light and Darkness.
kylara`
Novice
Novice

Postby Lysabeth on Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:53 pm

Lysabeth sat within the CoDL, a date had been chosen for the Honoring the Night Ritual to begin. Two fold ritual but it would be the main portion that was the most complex to organize. She would need to speak to StormWind, an idea forming...knowing he to be the best leathersmith and weaponsmith within the Empire she would seek him out very soon. However, a missive would be crafted, sent out to all followers of Kirva.

To All Followers of Kirva:

The ritual shall begin on the evening of Saturday, January 5th, 2008. It will start at seven pm EST. There shall be two events occurring in tandem with this ritual. A psalm/devotional/artistic contest, where you create something written, something drawn, etc., symbolizing your devotion to the Dark Mother. These contest entries must be submitted to me no later than noon on the day of the event. The other shall be a dagger throwing contest held the eve of the ritual.

There shall be food, wine and debauchery for all involved. Bring a guest, your slave, etc, warn them or do not of the possibility of conquest while within the time span of the ritual. The Ritual's gathering has no set time for ending.

I look forward to seeing you Saturday evening for a night of Honoring the Night, the favored time of the Dark Mother.

Lysabeth sends off the missive, ensuring that all fairies deliver to the proper recipients. She would then turn her attention to gathering items for prizes for the contests.

OOC Note:

For the dagger throwing contest, there will be two sections of ten people each. Three winners in each section. There will be three winners for the prose contest as well. I'll not be listing the prizes, because well, I want them to be a surprise...

May the light of which ever God or Goddess you follow bestow happiness and luck upon you.
Lysabeth
Novice
Novice

Return to The Cave of Dwindling Light