Stormbringer

News from the admin relating to developments in the roleplay, changes to the web site, etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Re: Stormbringer

Postby Sanjin Koukyu on Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:24 am

I sort of couldn't get this out of my head. In memory of, and in celebration of, Stormbringer.

https://i.imgur.com/QGbIqaR.mp4

Sanjin Koukyu
Expert
Expert

Postby Amara on Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:31 pm

This is never an easy thing in our lives, losing a loved one.

My heart goes out to you, L` and your family. My most sincere condolences.

Jez, I've known SB for well over 24 years. My goodness. Time sure does fly by.
He used to host our website for the DemonDen, back in the 1990's for Vamppy. I definitely
miss those old days. In exchange for hosting, Vamppy asked us OP's to visit Shokushu, and then later, TLI.
So I did! Shokushu was a diamond in the ruff. I loved it.

He was always kind to me, you both were. Thank you for all that you do, and for all that will come in the future, L`.

Lighting a candle for y'all, sending comfort and peace your way.

Stay strong.

Sincerely,
Amara
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil: viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186

"If my heart could beat, it'd beat for you." Valley of Silence

"And yet you did not chose me blindly. Certain expectations were aroused.
Let's not be coy; you were hoping I would satisfy all the desires you're
too shy to name, or at least show you a good time." The Crimson Petal and the White
Amara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Ehlanna on Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:39 am

Well, crap.
Sorry to hear of StormBringer's passing, and my sympahy and condolonces go out to all of his friends and family.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Wadeywade on Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:39 pm

I know this may be a terrible and inappropriate tone to ask, but.. what now? how do we honor Hos legacy, how do we carry it forward.. and how can I help? I dont want to see this end. it may be many things, bit it has been a major part of my life for long enough that it really mayters to me what comes next. I dont want to rush anythi g, In the least... just to say whatever you need Im ready to step in and make sure this story doesnt end here, now.
this place has given me one of the most important parts of my life, and for that reason and a million other success stories it has created, I WONT let it die. we can hold the line, for Stormbringer.. TOGETHER.
"There are no strings on me." Leonard Snart
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Postby Elahri on Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:30 am

Ive got no words L`.

But you have my deepest condolences and heartfelt sympathy.

And we are all here right behind you
Elahri
Novice
Novice

Postby Adonai on Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:05 pm

Nazalia is busy with real life but asked me to relay:

Offer my condolences. He was so nice and so funny. Always encouraging people to use their creativity and pushing to go further.
Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides, and life and death alike follow in its wake.
Adonai
Expert
Expert

i heard

Postby One on Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:39 pm

it’s winn et al..
my laptop is non-functional so just a thumb to type with.
i know we’ve had our differences in the past, L, but human being to human being, i’m so sorry you’ve lost your husband and friend and first date forever. i cannot imagine that pain, but i do know the mess of handling a loved one’s affairs while your heart is shattered and there’s no feeling left in your face for crying - i wish you strength, i wish that your journey through grief is powerful and peaceful after the mourners throw their earth..

my favorite in-game memories of SB was when he appointed Octavia as the imperial sculptor, that he trusted her to leave that orgasming mermaid statue on the sand.. i remember the red and white ball i organized years ago, it was so fun and he was so fun participating in it. he allowed me in a bit but not a lot.. we barely knew one another in real life but he flitted through my FB posts - liking them or commenting, usually to flame US politics with his unique fire - always a pleasure to banter that way, he was smart and opinionated and always had an interesting take.

you have a fire to match, L.

i send condolences even though my fantasies have settled into fully consenting monogamy, lol
even though we argued and you could’ve banned me at least twice
i said stupid shit sometimes, still do
this news made me sad, and touched a lot of memories

i wish you a shirt that smells like him
a snack that reminds you of him
a stupid movie you both loved
your songs
both of your wedding days

sincerely,
emily
break the lock if it don't fit.
Winn d'Aviaa - Lene - Damascus - Octavia - siti{Carth} - Heron{Kir} - qiome|Rue| - Eleonora{LI} - Eala
One
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Malekith on Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:27 am

I would just like to say that my heart goes out to everyone here who knew stormbringer, and especially to L and the rest of his family. He was a good man, and while we never got the chance to interact, I know that we are all the poorer for his passing.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in this dark time, and I hope everyone is able to enjoy some fine memories of him.
Malekith
Novice
Novice

Postby Hokima Tesh-Rimon on Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:24 pm

I'm long gone, but a friend let me know this happened, and I'm sorry for your loss, L!

I remember when you two first started dating and got married. You two were happy, and you guys threw all these events to celebrate that new change. One of my favorite memories of SB comes from when I was playing Gravik. Gravik was a brash character, even more so than Hokima. The concept behind him was that wolven were the apex race, and he believed that the world around him lived to serve his desires and whims. There was no compromise in that character, and he reacted with anger when others attempted to say no or would resist. One evening, both you and SB decided to play in the inn. I think Gravik started insulting L and SB because he didn't believe in the concept of nobles. It was personal strength that mattered to Gravik, well, physical strength, as Gravik viewed magic as cheating. L stepped in to stop the insults and burned Gravik to death. I remember SB healing my character; that small act of kindness saved me some gold as resurrections used to be costly, and I think I was up to 2.4 MHL for that resurrection. It was during a period of time that the game seemed so vibrant. We had so many dark and harsh characters playing off of each other, but everyone OOC was so generous and nice to one another.

SB and others fostered that play. I'm grateful for the friends and acquaintances I've made because of this place. I immensely enjoyed role-playing with people over the years, and it was all because SB and others took the time to create a safe space to write that spoke to me and others. His kindness was always welcome, and I never had a bad interaction with the man. I know it's hard right now. You lost your love and your light, but you will make it through this L. You have an inner strength that you've carried with you your whole life. Thank you for all you do. Thanks for keeping this place going for so many years, and no matter what you choose to do, we're all here for you.

Thanks,
Edward Kemp
( The Player that was behind Hokima Tesh`Rimon, logolar, Gravik, and Falador.)
Hokima Tesh-Rimon
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Sikyat`Pallaton on Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:49 am

I was just checking to see how things were going and just saw this. L, My deepest condolenses to you and your family for your loss. I didn't know Stormbring that well but I know he will be missed by many.
Sikyat`Pallaton
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Cangelosi on Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:31 am

Simply no words.
-post presented by the actual mun of characters Morgan Drakewing and Arnoch Bretail-
Cangelosi
Adept
Adept

Previous

Return to News From The Admin