Unusual Familiar Request: Monkey

Place to learn news about the magic shop, and discuss developments. Not for magic dev generally, use the proper forum for that.

Moderator: Naomh

Unusual Familiar Request: Monkey

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:18 am

As Miyuka has said in the OOC Channel, a 'Monkey' is not listed as a possible Familiar, so I'm writing this to request one (only if it's possible!). Initially, I went under the impression that monkeys aren't a thing in Belariath because they're also listed as one of the animals you CANNOT buy from the General Store (http://belariath.com/shops/gs/menagerie.html); then I went under the mindset that it might have something to do with the fact that 'evolution' is not a thing in the RP because of all of the magic (humans not being 'evolved monkeys' and such).

But as Allivia pointed out: there IS a word in the vulpani language that is used as an insult to humans:
<•Allivia> Not quite an angel... aza`tan (ah-zah-TAHN): "ape-person"; an extremely racist insult for humans

And then there have been mentions of gorillas being in Dethsiris (though haven't been seen ICly yet).

Now I'm unsure if I have to make a BIG write-up about a monkey (particularly I'm hoping to get Abby a pygmy marmoset), but if I must, I suppose I will.

But for now, I would like to see how far this request can go!
"The best thing in life is finding someone who knows all of your flaws, mistakes, and weaknesses and still thinks you're completely amazing."
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

Re: Unusual Familiar Request: Monkey

Postby Ehlanna on Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:17 pm

I'm leery ... that said, a creature like a marmoset (which is not that large and does seem to be a little apart from the 'run of the mill' monkey/ape family) might be possible.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Re: Unusual Familiar Request: Monkey

Postby Tehya on Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:15 pm

They could interact playing in Dethsiris in ffrp taming or interacting, but not bring them back as pets?

That way they get to use them in story-line but not own them.???????
Tehya

Return to Sorcerous Sanctuary